Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    LSE grad, done a year at Munich, know 3 languages should really be raking in the cash doing IB or something like that.
    Ah I see what you mean, well when I send my CV I always get interviews for some pretty nice jobs, I just havent pushed it in about 2 years really. Problem was that I finished undergraduate ridiculously young and I really really didnt want to start work at 20 for the next 50 years. Had I started work in the City or something at 20 I would have ****ed up 2 or 3 years down the line anyway as I didnt have the maturity for that at the time so maybe better to have waited.

Kind of lost a bit of drive by relaxing though so need to get going again soon. Plenty of regrets and missed opportunities over the years, that's life. :o:o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    It's had the same name for several years now
    I like the award's name. If you really want to change it call it The Jamie Carragher Award then.

(Original post by Zürich)
    Ah I see what you mean, well when I send my CV I always get interviews for some pretty nice jobs, I just havent pushed it in about 2 years really. Problem was that I finished undergraduate ridiculously young and I really really didnt want to start work at 20 for the next 50 years. Had I started work in the City or something at 20 I would have ****ed up 2 or 3 years down the line anyway as I didnt have the maturity for that at the time so maybe better to have waited.

Kind of lost a bit of drive by relaxing though so need to get going again soon. Plenty of regrets and missed opportunities over the years, that's life. :o:o
    Did you finish uni at 20?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I like the award's name. If you really want to change it call it The Jamie Carragher Award then.

I sat my finals at 19 and turned 20 just before graduation. 1st class honours at LSE as well Maths & Econ.

Despite all the *******s I chat on here, Ive got a brain
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's very possible if he has a summer birthday. One of my friends only turned 18 2 weeks before she went to uni.

ReputationRep:
    I sat my finals at 19 and turned 20 just before graduation. 1st class honours at LSE as well Maths & Econ.

Bloody hell! :adore:
    Well done on your impressive achievements.

(Original post by sr90)
    It's very possible if he has a summer birthday. One of my friends only turned 18 2 weeks before she went to uni.
    I've never heard of someone graduating that young.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of someone graduating that young.
    Most people turn 21 in their 3rd year, however most graduation ceremonies are in July. So if you're born late July or August, you'll still be 20.

ReputationRep:

Yeah that makes sense. Allow losing your life to the city for 50 years at the age of 20. My aim was really to get a nice job, work hard for about 5-10 years, acquire some commodity and use the share + property market to generate revenue.

I lost shed loads of drive during university so I feel you there. Got a bit more now though. Think I've gained a bit in maturity for the meanwhile.

(Original post by sr90)
    Most people turn 21 in their 3rd year, however most graduation ceremonies are in July. So if you're born late July or August, you'll still be 20.
    Yeah I graduated at age 20 too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I was 19 for the entirety of my 3rd year.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I was 19 for the entirety of my 3rd year.
    How did you start uni aged 17? Foreign school system?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    How did you start uni aged 17? Foreign school system?
    Basically yeah. I spent a year in Holland in between primary school and secondary and it was decided that I was a year ahead of my age in terms of curriculum somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think of just throwing in the towel and starting a youtube channel. Annoys me when I see how much people can make with very little effort on youtube :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Sometimes I think of just throwing in the towel and starting a youtube channel. Annoys me when I see how much people can make with very little effort on youtube :argh:
    Apparently Pewdiepie or whatever you call him is earning millions, absolutely silly. KSI must be close.

If I was a girl I would just be sucking **** for a living in all honesty . Get on the Amsterdam scene, get myself a nice Albanian pimp and a state pension too.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Pewdiepie or whatever you call him is earning millions, absolutely silly. KSI must be close.

If I was a girl I would just be sucking **** for a living in all honesty . Get on the Amsterdam scene, get myself a nice Albanian pimp and a state pension too.
    Got any pics of any sisters/cousins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Got any pics of any sisters/cousins?
    Swear you literally came out as gay as recently as last week?

ReputationRep:
    YouTube makes sense because of how big it is.
    There are kids who are millionaires because they play COD ffs

The best thread award unfortunately no doubt goes to the arsenal meltdown thread
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Did you do undergrad and postgrad at LSE with a year abroad at Munich? You a banker now?

I lolled.

ReputationRep:
    Swear you literally came out as gay as recently as last week?

I am not literally gay. Would not practice sodomy with another man... now that would be gay.

Now... those pictures.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    It's had the same name for several years now
    Yeah and that's how traditions start!

Ooh check you out Zurich, never knew that

x
    Welcome to the Misc girlfriend :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Did you do undergrad and postgrad at LSE with a year abroad at Munich? You a banker now?

I lolled.
    Did undergrad at LSE and then came back to do Postgrad which was a big mistake from me, really sleep walked into that. So half way through the year I basically told my **** of an advisor that I wasnt going to waste my life in academia like him. Opportunity came up to do a little 9 month bespoke 'research' thing in Munich and I was all over it like a rash. Got paid 300e a week to do **** all and spent my time jogging around Bavaria, getting pissed in beerhalls, learning German, unsuccessfully trying to smash frauleins, watching 1860 munich and generally being a bit of a wasteman :laugh:

I'm not a banker, only ever interned, and wont be any time soon since I'm not on a grad scheme and that's the only way to get your foot in really. Loads of opps in Asset management and smaller firms always come up though.

ReputationRep:
    Did undergrad at LSE and then came back to do Postgrad which was a big mistake from me, really sleep walked into that. So half way through the year I basically told my **** of an advisor that I wasnt going to waste my life in academia like him. Opportunity came up to do a little 9 month bespoke 'research' thing in Munich and I was all over it like a rash. Got paid 300e a week to do **** all and spent my time jogging around Bavaria, getting pissed in beerhalls, learning German, unsuccessfully trying to smash frauleins, watching 1860 munich and generally being a bit of a wasteman :laugh:

I'm not a banker, only ever interned, and wont be any time soon since I'm not on a grad scheme and that's the only way to get your foot in really. Loads of opps in Asset management and smaller firms always come up though.
    Are you a bit socially awkward in real life?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.