The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Interview from Somerville for English. Email came at 11:47 (I'd been refreshing my inbox every 4 minutes). Any other Somervillians out there? :smile:
Original post by liliam
Rejection from Magdalen for Experimental Psychology. Take all the remains of my pitiful luck, everyone who hasn't gotten a response yet!

Can we email the college asking for the reason we got rejected?

Original post by loveire&song
Aw, bad luck :frown: x

My friend got rejected today for English (and she has stupidly good grades; like 80% A* at GCSE and 4 As at AS??? :confused:) and we were talking to a teacher about this. He recommended we phone up the college, or, at the least, email them to ask for feedback on your application. Apparently a girl in our year who'd applied (I think for Psychology?) was rejected yesterday, and phoned up to ask for feedback, and got given a really helpful response. Not sure which college.

ps. What plans do you have now?

Second this, but phone them, don't email them since they pretty much don't reply until interviews are over, a couple of friends who were rejected emailed and didn't get a response, but then called up and got good feedback
Interview from University College for English!!:smile::smile:
Does anyone know if there is an admissions updates page for sg Edmund?
Original post by 333-morgan
Anyone heard anything from St.Anne's for PPE??

Yes, I heard on Wednesday that I had an interview. Was reallocated from another college.
I got an invitation for an interview today for Hertford for English on December the 6th, :smile: but the email says they may need me there until the 9th? Does anyone know what those extra days will involve? The email only says about two 20 minute interviews!
Original post by the-anonymous-me
what college? also for maths i think i read somewhere that they only invite about 30% of applicants as they shortlist with the MAT and 60% is amazing considering the average this year was 43

You have to consider that there's a very high spread if you looked at the stats for previous years, and with this year being the hardest the spread could only be higher. Only 30%?!
As A Lady Margaret Hall E&M applicant I still received no sign of rejection or an interview invitation. Should I contact the Admissions Office? Or do you think they still have not reached the deadline for considering my application? As an EU applicant I am increasingly worried- I should probably arrange my flight for 9.11....
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LamantChenille
Got a rejection for French and Hebrew, though I can't say it wasn't anticipated after MLAT/Written work debacles. Naturally I'm disappointed, but I wish everyone else on here best of luck for your interviews etc.
You can do it guys! :biggrin:

How "bad" did you do at MLAT? I feel like I absolutely f_ked it up
Original post by PressTabStart
You have to consider that there's a very high spread if you looked at the stats for previous years, and with this year being the hardest the spread could only be higher. Only 30%?!

ok I just looked it up and in 2014, 47% of applicants were shortlisted and in 2012 and 2013, it was 54% - I don't know where I thought I read 30%
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by parky98
Anyone heard anything from Queens/ knows anyone who has?? :smile:

I've got an interview for chinese 😄
Any news from St. John's Physics?
Any PPE applicants waiting to hear.....?
Does anyone know if no reply after the one-week- before deadline equals a rejection...
Original post by MrVANOlog
Any news from St. John's Physics?

If this helps at all, I've only found one person on here (incl. in the PAT threads) who has an invitation for Physics (which reassured me! I've applied to Brasenose and got nothing back - no news is good news, right? :wink:) I can't remember which college that was, but wasn't St. John's :smile:
It's one week to interviews and still no email... Is that a rejection?
Original post by 333-morgan
Any PPE applicants waiting to hear.....?

Still waiting for Wadham
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ulysses98
It's one week to interviews and still no email... Is that a rejection?
Friday isn't over yet, have hope! :smile: Which subject/college have you applied for?
Original post by amieeeeee
EP interview!

That's awesome! Which college? I applied for EP as well. :smile:
Reply 7799
I don't believe so-been looking through their website for ages in frustration and couldn't find it :frown: what are you applying for?

Latest