The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Neverdie)
The same Jose that has gone senile and thinks everyone, including the players, is his enemy now. There's more than one manager in the world.

Jose and Van Gaal are similar. If you don't like Van Gaal you won't like Jose.
This pretty much.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-ze...201617-7344640

This is funny on so many levels. Bantered Pep, Arsenal, Chelsea and United altogether.

(Original post by Lúcio)
Tfw nobody gets your Bible reference Uneducated fools
I did but who gives a damn about the bible it's 2016.
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Jose is a pragmatic manager who adopts to the approach of the opposition.

LVG tries to impose his teams on the opponent.

There is a difference
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
How do you know? Don't say it's because Blanc is doing well with PSG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Knows the club, great leader and would probably play more interesting football than Mourinho.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He played less than 50 games ffs.
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Rk2k14;64243083]He played less than 50 games ffs.[/QUOTE

50 more than Jose.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Someone ban this fool.
Lyrical Prodigysr90
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Someone ban this fool.
Lyrical Prodigysr90
Just because you don't like my opinion isn't a reason to ban me,I have said absolutely nothing to offend anyone or anything. Grow up.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KingKoala)
Just because you don't like my opinion isn't a reason to ban me,I have said absolutely nothing to offend anyone or anything. Grow up.
Your presence in this thread is insulting.
Bye Felicia.
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your presence in this thread is insulting.
Bye Felicia.
All I can say is good luck to you if you can't deal with an opinion that differs to yours.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
has to be an elaborate troll
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Jose is a pragmatic manager who adopts to the approach of the opposition.

LVG tries to impose his teams on the opponent.

There is a difference
He imposes his own approach nearly every game if you've actually watched Chelsea from 14/15 onwards. He attacks small teams at home and usually away unless they're very skillful players with good midfielders and every top team that is not playing away at SB he went defensive 6 defenders 4 attackers.

Being defensive does not mean you are pragmatic.

Van Gaal has his style of play but he does adapt to the opposition somewhat. He plays Fellaini to get long balls in when the team aren't direct enough, he uses the likes of Lingard for pace down the right flank or he uses Mata there if he wants more control in the centre of the park.

It's just that Van Gaal is stubborn and believes a particular approach will work against a specific team, but he does adapt to the opposition. Your results in big games in the PL can be a testament to that.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
He imposes his own approach nearly every game if you've actually watched Chelsea from 14/15 onwards. He attacks small teams at home and usually away unless they're very skillful players with good midfielders and every top team that is not playing away at SB he went defensive 6 defenders 4 attackers.

Van Gaal has his style of play but he does adapt to the opposition somewhat. He plays Fellaini to get long balls in when the team aren't direct enough, he uses the likes of Lingard for pace down the right flank or he uses Mata there if he wants more control in the centre of the park.

It's just that Van Gaal is stubborn and believes a particular approach will work against a specific team, but he does adapt to the opposition. Your results in big games in the PL can be a testament to that.
Thats mostly down to them not parking the bus when they play against us. Smaller teams do exactly that and we fail to break them down. Could be down to the lack of players but the manager also deserves blame. **** team selections, subs etc.
Jose's tactics vs us at SB worked to a tee and highlighted the recurring problem, except this time a top 4/big game manager actually capitalised on our weak spot.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)

He doesn't play any different against the big teams than against the small teams. The only reason we have more success against big teams is because they are more direct and expect to beat us which leaves space for us to attack into. Small teams don't, they play defensive and we have no idea how to get through because our possession play just doesn't work.

You'll notice the only time we win a game is when we score first, we very rarely come from behind (no homo), if a small team scores first and then sits back, the chances are we will lose that game.

And you've defeated your own argument there with Mourinho, you say he changes the team based on the skill set of the opponent. That is pragmatic, you should be more cautious and defensive against bigger teams, it makes sense, even Fergie did that, he would play Phil Jones in midfield! We even beat Arsenal with 7 defenders on the pitch in one game if I remember correctly.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thats mostly down to them not parking the bus when they play against us. Smaller teams do exactly that and we fail to break them down. Could be down to the lack of players but the manager also deserves blame. **** team selections, subs etc.
Jose's tactics vs us at SB worked to a tee and highlighted the recurring problem, except this time a top 4/big game manager actually capitalised on our weak spot.
Tbh Chelsea were lucky that day with some of the chances even though we deserved the win. I feel like the game at OT earlier in the season we controlled the game for much of the second half, when we actually did go defensive we started struggling.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
He doesn't play any different against the big teams than against the small teams. The only reason we have more success against big teams is because they are more direct and expect to beat us which leaves space for us to attack into. Small teams don't, they play defensive and we have no idea how to get through because our possession play just doesn't work.

You'll notice the only time we win a game is when we score first, we very rarely come from behind (no homo), if a small team scores first and then sits back, the chances are we will lose that game.

And you've defeated your own argument there with Mourinho, you say he changes the team based on the skill set of the opponent. That is pragmatic, you should be more cautious and defensive against bigger teams, it makes sense, even Fergie did that, he would play Phil Jones in midfield! We even beat Arsenal with 7 defenders on the pitch in one game if I remember correctly.
He plays more defensive against big teams, the game vs Liverpool e.g. and the game against Chelsea at SB this season(where he went defensive for large periods).

You do need to improve your approach in attack and play more direct though(or at least improve the movement of players so it's not static passing that can easily be defended against), but if you've watched Chelsea the entire calendar year of 2015, against the small teams we had the exact same problem as you(slow transition play, lack of quality fullbacks to provide width, passing across the defence and struggling to find space behind the defence) and that was under Mourinho. In fact the style of play that we generally employed is not too far removed from Van Gaals.

That's not really being pragmatic, because at times we are clearly the stronger team with our squad yet he still decides to go defensive when there is no need to. You can attest the PSG game in 14/15 when we faced a 10 man PSG and went defensive for a good hour for no reason. There's the United game at OT last season where we were in the ascendency and he then takes off our pace and uses Mikel to slow down play when we didn't need to do that as we were playing better than you lot.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bielsa is still clubless

For all you Herrera fanboys, he might actually get a run in the team
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My three options for the Summer when LvG goes

1. Bielsa
2. Giggs
3. Fergie
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Kenan the type of guy to pour milk before his cereal
BeFoUr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
My three options for the Summer when LvG goes

1. Bielsa
2. Giggs
3. Fergie
If you had the choice, Poch, Blanc or Jose?

Thoughts on Kane now as well. S/O to Jam and SuG who laughed me out of the room when I said Lamela would step up to the plate as well btw.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BeFoUr)
If you had the choice, Poch, Blanc or Jose?

Thoughts on Kane now as well. S/O to Jam and SuG who laughed me out of the room when I said Lamela would step up to the plate as well btw.
Definitely Poch, I like Blanc, but Poch's instant transformation of this spurs side can only make us look on with envy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (109)
70.32%
No I haven't decided yet (30)
19.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
10.32%

Watched Threads