Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry Watch

This discussion is closed.
aspiringtotheology
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by stephobz)
Been stalking this thread for a while now, may as well introduce myself! I'm Steph, applying for Theology as St Peters. Any other theologians out there?
Can't quite believe the application has officially gone off now, so God only knows how I'll react if I get an interview or even a place! :L
But good luck to everyone who has applied,
xxx
Hello, I am a fellow theologian I have applied to Oriel. I know I can't believe it either, I have logged into track far too many times already! Have you done your essays to send off yet? I am trying to do them at the moment but I'm not quite sure what to choose xx
imre93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yanimus)
Me too! which college? and where else are you applying?
You're probably the first H/P applicant I've come across, nice to meet you

I've submitted an open application and they still haven't told me which college ¬.¬ (The wait is killing me ...)

I've applied to UCL, King's, Edinburgh and Sheffield on top.

Which college are you at? And where else have you applied?
abbycarroll94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sorry, failed at adding myself in cos i can't put a line break in :/ so me and someone else are on the same line haha.
yanimus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by imre93)
You're probably the first H/P applicant I've come across, nice to meet you

I've submitted an open application and they still haven't told me which college ¬.¬ (The wait is killing me ...)

I've applied to UCL, King's, Edinburgh and Sheffield on top.

Which college are you at? And where else have you applied?
same hi! ive applied to wadham although starting to wish worcester. ive also applied to york and warwick and am still to decide my other choices as you can probably tell im very indecisive! haha
imre93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yanimus)
same hi! ive applied to wadham although starting to wish worcester. ive also applied to york and warwick and am still to decide my other choices as you can probably tell im very indecisive! haha
Someone I know applied to Wadham for PPE! What helped you choose it in the end? I heard Worcester is the most over-subscribed college in the university ... so I doubt I'll be ending up there.

Talk about indecision, I couldn't choose which college to apply to and thus I left it up to Oxford

Only Warwick & York? Have you only used up 3 on your UCAS? :eek:
<3 inbetweener =D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
any history applicants... do you know what it means for submitted work when it says it cant be structured? my teachers don't seem to know either
imre93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by <3 inbetweener =D)
any history applicants... do you know what it means for submitted work when it says it cant be structured? my teachers don't seem to know either
I'm having the same problem ... I think emailing our colleges and asking EXACTLY what type of essay they want is the best idea.
FuzzySheep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just got the acknowledgement from Lincoln itself, I'm now under 'active consideration', gave me a heart attack!

Need to get started with written work soon...
<3 inbetweener =D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm having the same problem ... I think emailing our colleges and asking EXACTLY what type of essay they want is the best idea.
Well it says between 1500-2000 words, not sources, just a normal A2 essay. but the structured bit has thrown me
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did my Oxford essay for Spanish last night and handed it in today, did my Lit essay for Oxford this morning and handed it in today, now have to do my German this evening and email it tonight. Three Oxford essays in two days is quite an achievement I think!
imre93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well it says between 1500-2000 words, not sources, just a normal A2 essay. but the structured bit has thrown me
Oh I knew about the word limit, but on the rest of it, they're a bit vague. Just contact your college and ask, is my advice (Which one are you at, by the way?)
Banoffeepie16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just got my first Uni offer!

:woo:
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Banoffeepie16)
Just got my first Uni offer!

:woo:
Where??????
<3 inbetweener =D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh I knew about the word limit, but on the rest of it, they're a bit vague. Just contact your college and ask, is my advice (Which one are you at, by the way?)
Worcester you? are you applying for straight History as well?
TotalLifeForever
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Snapescape)
To all prospective English students,
Have any of you received information about sending off marked work? It says that the deadline is November 10 but I still haven't received a response other than the confirmation of the application. :dontknow:
I haven't yet, I think if it gets to the 1st and still nothing I will just send it off of my own accord! They have the cover sheet and info on the website, but I assumed they contact you first! Which college?
imre93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Worcester you? are you applying for straight History as well?
I don't know yet, as I'm an open applicant. They're supposed to tell me by tomorrow which is my assigned college ...

No, I'm applying for History & Politics
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
Where??????
Nottingham AAB

Aahh, now I know if the other 4 reject me I can go and read literature to my heart's content!
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Banoffeepie16)
Nottingham AAB

Aahh, now I know if the other 4 reject me I can go and read literature to my heart's content!
Well done!! :hug: I wish mine weren't the mean ones which take forever
Ddraig93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Username: Ddraig93
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
Well done!! :hug: I wish mine weren't the mean ones which take forever
Thank you!
Well at least we can wait on Bristol, Durham and Oxford together :yep:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads