Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalek1099)
It isn't as good,when the enemies turn out to be nice and you start to have empathy for them-the show should be about aliens,who want to take over earth and destroy everyone and be really evil and have no real moral reason for their attitudes or no excuses as to why they don't care about humans dying.
I completly disagree. Humans arn't totally good or evil so it is stupid to think aliens would be. Some of the best villians e.g. the master and the silurians have multiple levels that make them interesting. Having every alien wanting to take over earth also makes no sense; why bother and wouldn't 13 episodes of attempted earth takeovers get dull? Villians you empathise with are the best as although you don't agree with them you understand them.
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elitepower)
I completly disagree. Humans arn't totally good or evil so it is stupid to think aliens would be. Some of the best villians e.g. the master and the silurians have multiple levels that make them interesting. Having every alien wanting to take over earth also makes no sense; why bother and wouldn't 13 episodes of attempted earth takeovers get dull? Villians you empathise with are the best as although you don't agree with them you understand them.
I agree that 13 episodes full of them wouldn't be good but Moffat has made every single one kind,even the silence think that the doctor is a mighty warrior or something and that he will destroy the universe,where as the occasional monster every serious you could empathize with would be great but I'm missing the fully invading aliens of RTDs day-at least,we've got the daleks and what makes them so good is they are really evil.
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elitepower)
I wouldn't bother - many have tried to explain this to dalek1099 before, but to no avail. At least we can all take comfort in the knowledge that the writers aren't quite so single-minded, and have a less simplistic approach to the programme.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So, 1st September?

Now to find out how I can watch it :ninja:
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
New BBC America trailer, much more detail than in previous ones...

And announcement of 'Pond Life' on THIS Monday, about the lives of Amy and Rory when they're at home and the Doctor's not around...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...Back-on-Monday

:woo:
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalek1099)
I am going to miss Dinosaurs on a Spaceship,for my Butlins holiday but I will be recording it though and what does everyone think of the dinosaurs in the trailer?-I was pretty impressed because they looked realistic,especially compared to the rubbish dinosaurs seen about 40 years ago in Doctor Who.The dinosaurs will probably give Doctor Who a chance to show that there CGI is good because dinosaurs are something we can familiarise with,new aliens are hard to compare with what they should look like.
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Invisible Man)
Series 7 start date and time revealed as 1st September, 7.20pm to 8.10pm on BBC 1.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...-date-revealed
So glad to know the date. We have TVs on (silent) in the office and there have been so many adverts over the past couple of days all ending with "coming soon" :hmmm:
Lantana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Invisible Man)
Series 7 start date and time revealed as 1st September, 7.20pm to 8.10pm on BBC 1.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...-date-revealed
EEEEE! So excited!
Sweetavalanche
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aaaaaaahhhhhhh super super excited for September now! Can't believe it'll be finished this year (excluding christmas) before October even starts though!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Jarnorth
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have heard that the Weeping Angels are going to be in the final adventure with Amy and Rory, which will be based in New York. ^_^

Jammie_x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There doing some online episodes as well called 'Pond life' :') haaa! I'm quite looking forward to when they do the 50th anniversary episode tbh.. Most doctors said they will be in it other than Christopher Eccleston :'(
Sweetavalanche
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jammie_x)
There doing some online episodes as well called 'Pond life' :') haaa! I'm quite looking forward to when they do the 50th anniversary episode tbh.. Most doctors said they will be in it other than Christopher Eccleston :'(
When's the 50th anniversary one? :O

TheCrackInTime
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sweetavalanche)
When's the 50th anniversary one? :O

Next November, probably on the 23rd.
Sweetavalanche
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheCrackInTime)
Next November, probably on the 23rd.
Thank you!

greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thought I should change my avvy to show excitement!
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Thought I should change my avvy to show excitement!
Never change your Avvy. It gets confusing. :unimpressed:

Still not quite found out how I will be watch Doctor Who out here in the Netherlands. :holmes:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Never change your Avvy. It gets confusing. :unimpressed:

Still not quite found out how I will be watch Doctor Who out here in the Netherlands. :holmes:
I change my avvy at least monthly :teehee:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
I change my avvy at least monthly :teehee:
I know, stop it.

I remember the cute little hedgehogs. :moon:

To be honest it's just a little annoying when it comes to cases of only recognising posters via there avvy.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
I know, stop it.

I remember the cute little hedgehogs. :moon:

To be honest it's just a little annoying when it comes to cases of only recognising posters via there avvy.
Sorry but my name should be recognisable enough :yep: and I do always put a black border round my avvys :yep:

I've got hedgies in sig still!
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Starting to look forward to this series after hating the last one so much. It looks good! :yep:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads