The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phippsyc
Yep Monday at 11am! I understand a2 students should have priority but we could have at least got to get our tomorrow afternoon or even Friday haha! Monday is annoying :frown:

That's abuse!
Original post by kuku2013
wow what subject

English Language and Literature :smile:
Original post by frappe framboise
Oh balls, there seems to be vacancies in Modern Languages at KCL... :cry:

she says as she fills in a McDonald's employment form....

This means absolutely nothing for you specifically.
Original post by puddinboy
Ok guys, my firm is LSE and on Monday I received an email about fees and how they are holding special presentations throughout September and October about them.

What do you guys think this means? I got in or am I being naive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can someone please answer this!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ah yea tbh i reckon i'll fall asleep unintentionally anyways aha.
LOL well at least you can say you did a lot better than expected :tongue:

Haha yeah a lot of ppl say they will be staying up all night but I don't think many of them if any actually will.
Yeah true say :smile: that's the best feeling..doing better than you thought you would. :smile: but realistically I'm expecting ABB/AAB right now. It's gona be hard to exceed my expectations :frown: I will probably end up doing worse tbh. What are you expecting?
Please I need opinions and help

Is it normal if you get BBBB at AS to come out next year with an ABB-AAA because at A level you can get an A*.

I just don't understand it fully. e.g. if I get a AAAA does that mean I technically have A*A*A*A* (not going to get that). And if I get BBBB which is most likely does it mean I will get AAAA?

I understand that A level is harder but is it common that you can push your grades up in the A level exam meaning you come out with an A.

Realistically I want an ABBB I will do 4 if I want to do general studies at A level as Leicester university accepts it.
Oh balls, there seems to be vacancies in Modern Languages at KCL... :cry:

she says as she fills in a McDonald's employment form....

McDonald's, McDonald's, Kentucky fried chicken application form
Original post by PythianLegume
This means absolutely nothing for you specifically.

But surely it means that a number of applicants have not met there offer which might include me! :unsure:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same email, hopefully good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
But surely it means that a number of applicants have not met there offer which might include me! :unsure:

What kind of logic is that? There will always be people who miss their offers...
Original post by kingdoo

Is it normal if you get BBBB at AS to come out next year with an ABB-AAA because at A level you can get an A*.

I just don't understand it fully. e.g. if I get a AAAA does that mean I technically have A*A*A*A* (not going to get that). And if I get BBBB which is most likely does it mean I will get AAAA?

I understand that A level is harder but is it common that you can push your grades up in the A level exam meaning you come out with an A.

Realistically I want an ABBB I will do 4 if I want to do general studies at A level as Leicester university accepts it.

If you get AAAA, then technically you have AAAA. If you get over 90% then it is equivalent to an A*, but you can't get an A* at AS-Level. Often people do improve at A2, and if you get BBBB at AS, you can generally get offers for courses with higher requirements, like AAB.
Original post by venenecinema
What kind of logic is that? There will always be people who miss their offers...

The panic of results day makes even the most reasonable people into paranoid morons. :tongue:
Original post by kingdoo

No, an A grade at AS level is 80 UMS out of 100, same as at A2. The only difference is that 90/100 UMS at A2 gives an A*, whereas if you got 90/100 at AS it would only be shown as an A (albeit a high one).

Your performances at AS won't help to get an A* in A2, as you need an average of 90/100 at A2 level specifically.
Original post by RoseBrilliante
McDonald's, McDonald's, Kentucky fried chicken application form

Bahahahahaha! :lol:
What does the 1R mean on the Edexcel grade boundaries page?
Reply 7815

Posted from TSR Mobile

.. I could be wrong but they have probably sent that email to everyone who has applied there. what I'm saying is it's a generic email. Good luck for tomorrow :smile:
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
No, an A grade at AS level is 80 UMS out of 100, same as at A2. The only difference is that 90/100 UMS at A2 gives an A*, whereas if you got 90/100 at AS it would only be shown as an A (albeit a high one).

Your performances at AS won't help to get an A* in A2, as you need an average of 90/100 at A2 level specifically.

It theoretically does, a C in AS will stop you from getting A* in A level without re-sitting.
Original post by The nameless one
It theoretically does, a C in AS will stop you from getting A* in A level without re-sitting.

No, you can get a C and then an A* without resitting. 60% for a AS and 100% for A2 gets you an A*.

Original post by sneha.vag
What does the 1R mean on the Edexcel grade boundaries page?

International exam.
Original post by The nameless one

Incorrect. 60% average at AS, 100% average at A2 gives you 80% overall, and an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JOR2010
I got the same email, hopefully good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest