Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Are you a bit socially awkward in real life?
    wouldnt say so really, maybe a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Apparently Pewdiepie or whatever you call him is earning millions, absolutely silly. KSI must be close.

If I was a girl I would just be sucking **** for a living in all honesty . Get on the Amsterdam scene, get myself a nice Albanian pimp and a state pension too.
    I really hope you don't have a daughter...

ReputationRep:
    My nominations, if thats how its being done:

The Diego Costa Award - For the newcomer to the forum that has impressed you the most (Luke.. if he is still a newcomer, may not always agree with him, but this forum has lost a lot of regular characters, and he is the new person that I think has made the biggest impact since joining)
    The Nadine Kessler Award - For the best female member across the forum (LP or Peggles - called wengers incompetance in the summer well before most arsenal fans, including myeslf did.. plus always good for a post-game meltdown)
    The Cristiano Ronaldo Award - For the member who no longer posts in these parts but whom you wish still did (zurich or 419)
    The Mario Balotelli Award - For the member who always makes you laugh (ebo.. dont think I need to explain this one)
    The Jose Mourinho Award – For the biggest WUM (the butt... for keeping up pretending to be an arsenal fan for as long as he did.. showed real commitment to the cause)
    The Marouane Fellaini Award - For the most improved member across the forum - (no idea)
    The Gary Neville Award - For the best debater across the forum (QUA - never seen them loose their cool or post anything but well-thought out and very well reasoned arguements)
    The Jonathan Wilson Award - For the most knowledgeable member across the forum (no idea on this one.. so much of football discussion is opinion, feels kind of hard to say)
    The Marco Reus Award - For the member who supports another team, but who you wished was on your side! (Mr. Tim - seems like a nice guy..)
    The David Moyes Award – For the member who has provided us with the best quote of the year (ebo again)
    The ???? Award - Placeholder: Need one more award
    The TSR d'Or - For the overall best member on the football forums (Jam... I have a lot of time for jam. Although sometimes prone to WUMing/trolling, it feels like its coming from a real person, uposed to some other memebers who only ever do it.. always seemed like a decent guy to me)

ReputationRep:
    Did undergrad at LSE and then came back to do Postgrad which was a big mistake from me, really sleep walked into that. So half way through the year I basically told my **** of an advisor that I wasnt going to waste my life in academia like him. Opportunity came up to do a little 9 month bespoke 'research' thing in Munich and I was all over it like a rash. Got paid 300e a week to do **** all and spent my time jogging around Bavaria, getting pissed in beerhalls, learning German, unsuccessfully trying to smash frauleins, watching 1860 munich and generally being a bit of a wasteman :laugh:

I'm not a banker, only ever interned, and wont be any time soon since I'm not on a grad scheme and that's the only way to get your foot in really. Loads of opps in Asset management and smaller firms always come up though.
    I see. So you did undergrad, then what postgrad did you start, was that a one year masters or was it a three year PHD? Did you drop out half way through? Yeah man, PHD isn't for everyone, I'd love to do a Masters though. I have an MSc offer from UCL, whats London like as a student, I imagine the night life to be incredible?

Ha :laugh:Do you want to work in finance? What you doing now, still in Munich?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    YouTube makes sense because of how big it is.
    There are kids who are millionaires because they play COD ffs

The best thread award unfortunately no doubt goes to the arsenal meltdown thread
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's cray all you need is a camera, computer, internet connection, and willing to do stupid and pointless stuff. Within a year you can become a millionaire.

Prank channels seem to be very in at the moment. That and trolling people in public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I see. So you did undergrad, then what postgrad did you start, was that a one year masters or was it a three year PHD? Did you drop out half way through? Yeah man, PHD isn't for everyone, I'd love to do a Masters though. I have an MSc offer from UCL, whats London like as a student, I imagine the night life to be incredible?

Ha :laugh:Do you want to work in finance? What you doing now, still in Munich?
    It was an MRes with the guarantee of a Phd place if I passed. A mate of mine pointed out that I could have a Phd by 25 if I kept going and I thought that would be sick, didnt realise that I wasnt all that interested in advanced economics after all

Well I'm born and bred London so it was really more of the same for me. London is just a wonderful city in every sense of the word, but obviously its not a student city so you'd either love or hate that depending on whether you want to have a little campus experience or not.

The nightlife in London is incredible though obviously, 23 now and still finding things every month. but to properly enjoy it you need to have money. Life as a broke student in London is not all that fun. A proper night out in my opinion will cost you about £80 minimum.

UCL is sick though, great uni with a great social scene too.

I'm back London at the minute keeping my ear to the ground for a job and generally getting back up to speed with all that.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    The Nadine Kessler Award - For the best female member across the forum (LP or Peggles)
    Thanks but it's only because I'm very active around these parts. I think I talk absolute rubbish. Peggles is far more knowledgeable.

ReputationRep:
    It was an MRes with the guarantee of a Phd place if I passed. A mate of mine pointed out that I could have a Phd by 25 if I kept going and I thought that would be sick, didnt realise that I wasnt all that interested in advanced economics after all

Well I'm born and bred London so it was really more of the same for me. London is just a wonderful city in every sense of the word, but obviously its not a student city so you'd either love or hate that depending on whether you want to have a little campus experience or not.

The nightlife in London is incredible though obviously, 23 now and still finding things every month. but to properly enjoy it you need to have money. Life as a broke student in London is not all that fun. A proper night out in my opinion will cost you about £80 minimum.

UCL is sick though, great uni with a great social scene too.

I'm back London at the minute keeping my ear to the ground for a job and generally getting back up to speed with all that.
    Yeah. You still have a BSc (presumably) from LSE though, good going brah.

Awesome man. Yeah, I just want the status of having a Masters and a PHD tbh. I'm weighting up the classic third year scenario of whether to do a grad scheme or a masters next. Head says grad scheme, heart says masters.I'm still in the hunt for a few things but it is tough going, have you applied for grad schemes for September entry? My mate is applying for all the big banks.

Yeah love London man. My mate is at LSE, also my other mate is a trader at a oil company and I have another mate at UCL. Place to be. I love nights out in London, you been to that Sushi Samba bar? Incredible.

Yeah. I've got it in my head I'm at UCL. I want to be a diplomat so I feel it's the place to be.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I could not give a damn about anything except money. I want to make a lot of it. Used to be quite non-fussed as a student, but these days I would cheat to win if I needed to. An abundance of it is the only thing I find missing in my life, don't want to wait for inheritances and all that, I want to make my own way.

ReputationRep:

Awesome man. Yeah, I just want the status of having a Masters and a PHD tbh. I'm weighting up the classic third year scenario of whether to do a grad scheme or a masters next. Head says grad scheme, heart says masters.I'm still in the hunt for a few things but it is tough going, have you applied for grad schemes for September entry? My mate is applying for all the big banks.

Yeah love London man. My mate is at LSE, also my other mate is a trader at a oil company and I have another mate at UCL. Place to be. I love nights out in London, you been to that Sushi Samba bar? Incredible.

Yeah. I've got it in my head I'm at UCL. I want to be a diplomat so I feel it's the place to be.

ReputationRep:

No I'm going for January entry at the latest. Maybe I'll through in a few Sept apps if that doesnt work out as planned.

Very few diplomat gigs going really, know loads of people from LSE who had to fight very hard. My brother works at the Dutch embassey in Berlin actually but he got that randomly and isnt a diplomat but a translator. It's a nice lifestyle.

Not really into the bull**** City or high end west end venues at all, cant stand alot of the people who go there. Much prefer just to chill around East London given the choice.

ReputationRep:
    Am quite jealous of you guys and your career prospects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Tbh, I could not give a damn about anything except money. I want to make a lot of it. Used to be quite non-fussed as a student, but these days I would cheat to win if I needed to. An abundance of it is the only thing I find missing in my life, don't want to wait for inheritances and all that, I want to make my own way.
    That's actually quite a refreshing viewpoint. For some reason, people try to shy away from this aspect a little bit these days. Who doesn't want money? Especially after you've worked so hard for it yourself. I hope that as a future corporate/company legal executive, I too shall be making a respectable income.

Although, it would be ambitious to say the least that I too would also love a Masters and/or PhD. What are you currently doing Tom? Career/Education wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    It's cray all you need is a camera, computer, internet connection, and willing to do stupid and pointless stuff. Within a year you can become a millionaire.

Prank channels seem to be very in at the moment. That and trolling people in public.
    Pewdiepie's estimated yearly earnings is between £1.3-£10.6 million... I'm not sure how reliable the site is though.

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Welcome to the Misc girlfriend :cool:
    Hello there

ReputationRep:
    No I'm going for January entry at the latest. Maybe I'll through in a few Sept apps if that doesnt work out as planned.

Very few diplomat gigs going really, know loads of people from LSE who had to fight very hard. My brother works at the Dutch embassey in Berlin actually but he got that randomly and isnt a diplomat but a translator. It's a nice lifestyle.

Not really into the bull**** City or high end west end venues at all, cant stand alot of the people who go there. Much prefer just to chill around East London given the choice.
    Yeah man go for it. My mate went for Deutsche and JP Morgan. He's applying for Chemistry PHDs as well ...#diverseportfolio

Yeah. It's a tough road ahead. But we will all meet our destination with hard work. I'd be happy for a think-tank, NGO, charity, even what I was doing before when I was an intern at Parliament as a first job post-uni.

Fair man. Yeah, I love the posh bars and yuppie lifestyle. The posher and more elegant the bar the better for me. I was in Plateau in Canary Wharf in Summer, that's an awesome bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Am quite jealous of you guys and your career prospects.
    Hello FK. Nice to see you. And I did get your messages, sorry, been busy with uni work so I didn't reply. You at uni? You working?

ReputationRep:
    That's actually quite a refreshing viewpoint. For some reason, people try to shy away from this aspect a little bit these days. Who doesn't want money? Especially after you've worked so hard for it yourself. I hope that as a future corporate/company legal executive, I too shall be making a respectable income.
    Yeah, different strokes for different folks I guess. For me it's about the status. Like I'd rather Civil Service grad scheme for 25k than Aldi grad scheme for 41k + company car. But I guess any grad scheme will pay a decent starting salary, but Mr Ford is right to go for money. To be honest I view success as financial/career based.

EDIT: But it's primarily about interest!

ReputationRep:

Although, it would be ambitious to say the least that I too would also love a Masters and/or PhD. What are you currently doing Tom? Career/Education wise.
    Law grad from a Russell Group. I worked in a bank which paid £20k a year (my first proper job) in the north east for me to do PPI cases (standard grad job basically). Didn't work very long there because it was not what I wanted to do, it was so boring and I was unhappy.
    Got contacted by a recruitment consultant this morning saying that I will be put straight to the assessment centre for external audit at Mazars but tbh that also sounds boring as hell. Bumming around going to the next step in my life basically.

I want to go into marketing (both online and conventional) and then open my own firm in the future. Bit of a career change away from law/finance but it's something that has always interested me and I have some experience. Plus, if you can do a job you enjoy as well as make money from it, all the better. Rather that than accountancy and all that type of stuff tbh. I would also like to open a successful modern restaurant in the future in line with familial tradition.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, different strokes for different folks I guess. For me it's about the status. Like I'd rather Civil Service grad scheme for 25k than Aldi grad scheme for 41k + company car. But I guess any grad scheme will pay a decent starting salary, but Mr Ford is right to go for money. To be honest I view success as financial/career based.

EDIT: But it's primarily about interest!
    Very true.
    Hope that wasn't taken the wrong way, I've been reading through you guys' career conversation and its lovely to see people being so ambitious and passionate and also very determined about what they intend to do after University. Then I saw Tom's post and he basically said he just wants money he's worked for which was a different view.

For me personally, having the academic qualifications leads to respect and status like you said and who doesn't want that? Having an advanced degree such as a masters or PhD in any area of law for me would be absolutely awesome to have.

Of course this isn't me putting down those that do not or did not go to uni etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hello FK. Nice to see you. And I did get your messages, sorry, been busy with uni work so I didn't reply. You at uni? You working?
    That's fine mate, hope you're well. Yeah I'm at uni, and it's hard, very hard...

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.