Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    "Tickets go on sale on 1st June at 10am"

That's the time and date of one of my final year exams ffs. I live in London, too, so this would have been perfect -_-.
    That's just for members and season ticket holders, the general sale will be later.

Karius has been assigned the #1 for his shirt. Signalling his intent to be the first choice keeper, maybe?
    Hopefully, though remember Brad Jones was #1 when it was him and Reina.

ReputationRep:
    My brothers wedding is on the 6th of August, but it is at a hall in Wembley. Hmm....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    My brothers wedding is on the 6th of August, but it is at a hall in Wembley. Hmm....
    Meet me in Wembley m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Apparently midfielder Dahoud is our first choice over Zielinski and we will be opening talks with Chilwell soon. Good to see Klopp trying to sort out midfield and the defence. Toure also might get another 1 year extension, obviously depends on the outcome of Sakho's ban.
    I don't think Chilwell sorts our LB issues - he'd be one for the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    That's just for members and season ticket holders, the general sale will be later.

Hopefully, though remember Brad Jones was #1 when it was him and Reina.
    Ahh yes, thanks for that pal. Hopefully I'll be able to grab a couple of tickets and go with some mates!

And yeah, that's definitely true but Jones was always going to be #2 to Reina. With Karius, it's slightly more ambiguous who will be the number 1 keeper. If not, at least he'll get to play in cup games and since I expect us to take the FA cup and league cup seriously, he will definitely be getting game time.

ReputationRep:
    I was having a think and as disappointing as this season was, we had some cracking matches didn't we?

4-1/3-0 against City, 3-1 at Chelsea, 5-4 against Norwich, and of course the 4-3 against Dortmund at Anfield.

We may not have anything sizeable to show for it but we've really made our mark in some games this season. The Dortmund match is certainly European game of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I was having a think and as disappointing as this season was, we had some cracking matches didn't we?

4-1/3-0 against City, 3-1 at Chelsea, 5-4 against Norwich, and of course the 4-3 against Dortmund at Anfield.

We may not have anything sizeable to show for it but we've really made our mark in some games this season. The Dortmund match is certainly European game of the year.
    6-1 against Southampton (League Cup)
    4-0 against Everton
    3-3 against Arsenal
    2-0 against Man Utd (Europa League)
    3-0 against Villarreal (Europa League)

There have been some good highlights this season. Hard to look past the appointment of "the normal one"

ReputationRep:
    That Arsenal game at Anfield was probably my PL game of the year even though we didn't win it, was on holiday in HK at the time and I was going nuts at 4am in my hotel room lol.

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Karius is gorgeous, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Karius is gorgeous, to be honest.
    If he's half a good goalie as he is good looking then I'll be incredibly happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite gutted about the Gotze saga in all honesty. I was really optimistic and I thought Klopp could persuade him to come to Anfield. I guess it's fair enough for Gotze to stay and fight for his place at Bayern, at least he's guaranteed trophies there and they are in the CL too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Bayern vs Juventus is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Bayern vs Juventus is.
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite gutted about the Gotze saga in all honesty. I was really optimistic and I thought Klopp could persuade him to come to Anfield. I guess it's fair enough for Gotze to stay and fight for his place at Bayern, at least he's guaranteed trophies there and they are in the CL too.
    I still think it is a long way from being over. There was a lot of paper talk that Ancelotti told Gotze that he won't get much game time.

Just because a player doesn't want to leave doesn't mean a club won't force him out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I still think it is a long way from being over. There was a lot of paper talk that Ancelotti told Gotze that he won't get much game time.

Just because a player doesn't want to leave doesn't mean a club won't force him out.
    I guess I'm just expecting the worst as I don't want my hopes to be crushed like the Sanchez transfer in 2014. Maybe Gotze wants to wait till after the Euros to fully decide his future/talk to Ancelotti further about his plans. Or he might be waiting for offers from other clubs who are in the CL. Apparently we agreed £23.8 million with Bayern but Gotze doesn't want to come, I'm not sure if that's actually genuine or just a BS rumour.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm just expecting the worst as I don't want my hopes to be crushed like the Sanchez transfer in 2014. Maybe Gotze wants to wait till after the Euros to fully decide his future/talk to Ancelotti further about his plans. Or he might be waiting for offers from other clubs who are in the CL. Apparently we agreed £23.8 million with Bayern but Gotze doesn't want to come, I'm not sure if that's actually genuine or just a BS rumour.
    I think the difference is that Sanchez was a must that summer and missing that signing cost us heavily. Whereas Gotze, in my opinion, is a nice luxury who will improve our squad but we'll still function without him.

Well why wouldn't Bayern accept a 30mil euro bid for a player they don't really seem to care about and who could leave on a free next summer?

I'm sure a few other English clubs will try for him this summer. Not that many stellar names to go around but plenty of cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Nope
    Two comebacks from 2 goals behind in both legs, including a 90th min equaliser.

It easily is european game of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Two comebacks from 2 goals behind in both legs, including a 90th min equaliser.

It easily is european game of the year.
    Are you trolling?

We came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3 in the 91st minute against the best team in the competition hands down.

There's no contest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Are you trolling?

We came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3 in the 91st minute against the best team in the competition hands down.

There's no contest.
    2 2 goal comebacks in the Juventus vs Bayern game.

You are allowed to admit that there is football outside of Merseyside.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.