Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    when will other universities set a cut off? cos I have only heard St George's cut off till date
    Apparently Plymouth is end of next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm kind of confused right now. I only applied to three unis (KCL, Exeter, Manchester) because I was also applying to a university for a premed major which ended up being unsuccessful. They said the only reason they couldn't accept me was cause they already gave out all the seats in Fall (Sept) and im applying for Spring. I was wondering if there is any possible way if I can add a UK university to my UCAS. I have a 703 ukcat avg and want to apply to St.George :. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do regarding this?

Also, I have a 8/9 in IELTS and a 703 UKCAT avg and im resitting IB boards due to a mitigating circumstance. Will my above avg ukcat be able to balance my ib scores a bit if I dont perform incredibly? Any help or suggestions would be very nice. I won't be applying to US again mostly because my parents aren't keen on sending me "just for an undergrad bachelor degree" So UK is my only hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niraxas)
    Hi everyone,

I'm kind of confused right now. I only applied to three unis (KCL, Exeter, Manchester) because I was also applying to a university for a premed major which ended up being unsuccessful. They said the only reason they couldn't accept me was cause they already gave out all the seats in Fall (Sept) and im applying for Spring. I was wondering if there is any possible way if I can add a UK university to my UCAS. I have a 703 ukcat avg and want to apply to St.George :. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do regarding this?

Also, I have a 8/9 in IELTS and a 703 UKCAT avg and im resitting IB boards due to a mitigating circumstance. Will my above avg ukcat be able to balance my ib scores a bit if I dont perform incredibly? Any help or suggestions would be very nice. I won't be applying to US again mostly because my parents aren't keen on sending me "just for an undergrad bachelor degree" So UK is my only hope.
    Owh, that's tough. Sorry to hear. I would ring St. George's and ask if they would accept a late application given you meet the minimum profile for interview. Most of the schools are really strict on the deadline though. Let yourself feel optimistic about the other three, you probably have a good chance with stats like that :-)

ReputationRep:
    First of all congrats to all of you who have already been invited for an interview!

A bit of information from KCL medicine undergrad:
    I have just talked to the admissions office and they confirmed that they will start inviting applicants for interviews in the next 2 weeks.

Soooooo nervous!

ReputationRep:
    I know somebody who received an interview from Sheffield today :-)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm really happy no rejections have come out yet! 😐

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    I'm really happy no rejections have come out yet! 😐

Love the positive attitude!!

So hard to stay sane during this wait... making me a nervous wreck lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just recieved interviews for cambridge and newcastle (so so shocked and excited) so fingers crossed for you all who have applied to them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportfanatic)
    I've just recieved interviews for cambridge and newcastle (so so shocked and excited) so fingers crossed for you all who have applied to them!
    Brilliant, well done! Good luck in your preparations! Did you pick a college ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Noooooo wayyyyyyyy! Which college!? I'm so happy for you!
    (I applied as well)

Your stats must be AMAZING because they don't have our BMAT results yet

ReputationRep:
    Wow, congrats! Which college? I applied to Lucy Cavendish, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon,too.

EDIT: just got an interview at Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    Brilliant, well done! Good luck in your preparations! Did you pick a college ?
    Thank you! Yes, I applied to Lucy cavendish

ReputationRep:
    Noooooo wayyyyyyyy! Which college!? I'm so happy for you!
    (I applied as well)

Your stats must be AMAZING because they don't have our BMAT results yet
    Haha thank you! I'm applying for GEM so there was no entry exam

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=thelusa;68491424]Wow, congrats! Which college? I applied to Lucy Cavendish, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon,too.

Ahh congrats too! I applied for Lucy cavendish too when's your interview?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by thelusa)
    Wow, congrats! Which college? I applied to Lucy Cavendish, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon,too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! I know you are a mature applicant like me, but are you GEM as well? (Disclosure: I'm a school leaver)

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! I know you are a mature applicant like me, but are you GEM as well? (Disclosure: I'm a school leaver)

Yeah, I applied for the GEM at Cambridge - I'm a final year undergrad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sportfanatic;68491962]

Ahh congrats too! I applied for Lucy cavendish too when's your interview?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! Mine is on 23rd at 1pm. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's your undergrad in thelusa? :-) I have always thought Lucy Cavendish looks like a fab college. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    What's your undergrad in thelusa? :-) I have always thought Lucy Cavendish looks like a fab college. Best of luck!
    Thank you I'm studying Medical Sciences atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'm studying Medical Sciences atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.