Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

(Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I'm trying to rip the video, at which point I'll run it through FCP
    Probably no need. somebody posted a capture and there was nothing there.

But I think I've figured it out. If a person forgets when they look away, what happens to a Silent which is captured on camera? Remember the special effects of an Angel captured on camera. I'm guessing any footage of a Silent is automatically erased from the camera's hard drive memory - hence the flickering. Could be Silents in both videos. How else would they go undetected for thousands of years whilst manipulating the human race. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I can grab youtube videos

But analysis shows there's nothing that unusual in it :| I mean, the orb/light on the right hand side looks kinda like there's a/two figures there, but they're constant, and nothing terribly unusual happens in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Probably no need. somebody posted a capture and there was nothing there.

But I think I've figured it out. If a person forgets when they look away, what happens to a Silent which is captured on camera? Remember the special effects of an Angel captured on camera. I'm guessing any footage of a Silent is automatically erased from the camera's hard drive memory - hence the flickering. Could be Silents in both videos. How else would they go undetected for thousands of years whilst manipulating the human race. :holmes:
    Yeah. And it's probably playing in to UFO folklore a bit (since The Silents are supposed to be the source of Gray sightings, aren't they?)

ReputationRep:
    And another one

I got a couple on this one.
    Spoiler:
    Show

To me that looks like a figure conducting something from a hand on the left hand side there :holmes:

Sorry I didn't make them both the same size

ReputationRep:
    I slowed it down and played it frame by frame - there's nothing there. Most things that look like something are just distorted parts of the original picture. No appearance of Silents.

I do find the number of lens flares odd though. And the fact it's too low to be considered CCTV XD I mean, you can tell it's filmed at ground level.

ReputationRep:
    Can silents even be seen on cameras?

ReputationRep:
    IT could be the Moff trying to play with us before Saturday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Can silents even be seen on cameras?
    We don't know Hence why we think the distortion on the tape might be a side-effect of them being present.

ReputationRep:
    Angels, gas mask kids and vashta nerada are what really creep me out, but it looks like these Silents might trump them!

ReputationRep:
    Out of all the Doctor Who episodes, I can never bring myself to watch the Gas-mask episodes again :getmecoat:

Taken from a mixture of trailers that have been posted on this thread (LastLordofTime :hat2:)

Spoiler:
    Show

Of particular interest is the 2nd and 3rd last ones. The 3rd last one, River Song looks so sad, and judging by the clothes - is the point where the kissing happens. The 2nd last one, Doctor turning up in..

Spoiler:
    Show
    Stormcage by the looks of it. Teasing River?

We don't know Hence why we think the distortion on the tape might be a side-effect of them being present.
    And maybe the '...are real' is deliberate. As if the Silence/Silents have erased their own name so we don't know what is real because they don't exist in record or memory? Is that the hint we're supposed to be taking away as well?

I like the BBC for putting these out. It raises the anticipating and excitement, but it's just great in general.

(Original post by SirMasterKey)
    I got a couple on this one.
    Spoiler:
    Show

To me that looks like a figure conducting something from a hand on the left hand side there :holmes:

Sorry I didn't make them both the same size
    Press 'Esc' ... it's a sign. :shock:

Yeah, don't think there's anything there except the implication that there is nothing there - the effect of trying to record a Silent.

Yeah. And it's probably playing in to UFO folklore a bit (since The Silents are supposed to be the source of Gray sightings, aren't they?)
    Yup. The quote being

But The Silence is very much—it's the work of a genius, not me—But I did say, that painting [Edvard Munch's The Scream], that one. It should look like that, and a little bit like the Grays, it should be as if that idea is filtered through our consciousness for all these years.
    http://gothamist.com/2011/04/21/stev...producer_o.php

And quite an interesting interview to have a read of too.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, I just found out about Liz Sladens death now as went on GallifreyBase website and they had a banner up since I was without tv from Monday till today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Out of all the Doctor Who episodes, I can never bring myself to watch the Gas-mask episodes again :getmecoat:
    That episode was scary. Right after it was shown I had a school trip to the war museum where they gave the class some gas masks to pass around, everyone was holding them up going "are you my mummy" :afraid:

Blogtor Who have put up a spoiler-free review complete with a whole host of new pics and info.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/...erfree_21.html

Most interesting part:

But there's also a heart~breaking scene where River reveals to Rory the nature of her relationship with the Time Lord and for the audience, it brings a whole new slant to her death in The Library two~parter in 2008. Moffat's emotional pen runs so smoothly beside his Coupling~style bic.
    :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Blogtor Who have put up a spoiler-free review complete with a whole host of new pics and info.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/...erfree_21.html

Most interesting part:

:beard:
    Waaa. I want it to be tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Waaa. I want it to be tomorrow!
    I don't want it to be tomorrow today's my birthday :laugh:

Though I am looking forward to sitting on the sofa tomorrow hugely hungover and watching a bit of doctor who.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I don't want it to be tomorrow today's my birthday :laugh:

Though I am looking forward to sitting on the sofa tomorrow hugely hungover and watching a bit of doctor who.
    Ooh, Happy Birthday!

(I must admit, I also want it to be tomorrow so I can have nice food, but that's a separate matter).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    I think they could work, although I think it might be less intense than Simm-Tennant. And definitely, Rory's a lot better when he's the centurion, he's a lot more confident and he's far more interesting when he's not being a pansy and following Amy around all the time. I like him more when he's kind of independent. I can't decide between the Master, the Angels and the Vashta Nerada. The Master cos he's funny and crazy and evil, which is always a good combination, the Angels because the idea that if you do something as simple as blinking then your life will be completely changed is a really good one. And the Vashta Nerada (or however you spell it, I never worked that out :lol:) are awesome because everyone has a shadow, and if you're standing in the right lighting you can actually have multiple shadows, so the concept of deadly shadows is excellent. Totally freaked me out after I watched it though. And the Gas Mask Zombies should be on that list. Terrified me first time I watched it, although I was 6 years younger then. :lol:
    I have never seen those episodes :sad: I only started watching it recently- befoe that I watched it sporadically, when I happened to come across that
    But I think Im going to watch them now :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TulipFields)
    I have never seen those episodes :sad: I only started watching it recently- befoe that I watched it sporadically, when I happened to come across that
    But I think Im going to watch them now :p:
    Definitely look up the library episodes if you've not seen them, first time we (and the doctor) meet River. Since we're going to find out who River really is this series, you should probably know how the doctor meets her.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.