Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Our u21's got spanked by Colchester 5-1 where the goal was a penalty. In their last match they got beaten 7-0 by Luton. Surely Steve Gatting's job can't be safe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Hernandez! I don't want him to leave but Moyes hasn't even played him in pre-season and there's been a lot of talk of him leaving recently most noticeably as a player plus cash deal for Bale.
    Yes, I didn't think of him. Is he realistic though? But he would be a great signing. Serious finisher. In fact, I'd say he should be our number one target.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Hernandez! I don't want him to leave but Moyes hasn't even played him in pre-season and there's been a lot of talk of him leaving recently most noticeably as a player plus cash deal for Bale.
    I would take him in a heartbeat! Are man united naive enough to sell to us though? Hahaha Come on they aren't arsenal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Yes, I didn't think of him. Is he realistic though? But he would be a great signing. Serious finisher. In fact, I'd say he should be our number one target.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know whether he's realistic or not but Moyes hasn't spoken of him or even played him in pre-season at all. Plus Moyes has preferred to play Welbeck (god knows why) with RVP and if Rooney is staying then its gonna be even harder for Hernandez to play regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Been confirmed by SSN. Wasn't bull****. Source must've known something
    SSN are just regurgitating the same bull****.........

Why people think that SSN are some reliable perfect source and hold them in high esteem- if it's on SSN, it's true- is really peculiar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    I would take him in a heartbeat! Are man united naive enough to sell to us though? Hahaha Come on they aren't arsenal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think a lot will depend on what Hernandez will want cause I doubt United will want to sell him to anyone never mind Arsenal. He'll easily get any team 20-30 goals a season if he started every game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    SSN are just regurgitating the same bull****.........

Why people think that SSN are some reliable perfect source and hold them in high esteem- if it's on SSN, it's true- is really peculiar.
    Maybe because people pay millions for their broadcasting each year. It would be like Sky News reporting rubbish.

They rarely make stuff up and when they do its simply rumours and they state that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Maybe because people pay millions for their broadcasting each year. It would be like Sky News reporting rubbish.

They rarely make stuff up and when they do its simply rumours and they state that.
    Read the report. They're just regurgitating what has been said alreasy.

News media always without fail report rumours.

ReputationRep:
    Uruguayan newspaper reporting Suarez has decided to stay at Liverpool. It's on the BBC website.

Rumours that we're moving our interest to Michu and Dzeko now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    would love michu..

Actually a player I can route for and get behind..

+ that potential... :eek: :drool:

- not sure on Dzeko, but I cant see city selling..

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday Suarez said there was a "blanket ban" on questions about his liverpool future while he's in Uruguay, and that he's categorically not gonna talk about it, and that he's even asked team-mates not to answer questions about it, (http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football...ure_98333.html), and then a few hours later he tells a Uruguayan newspaper that he's gonna stay? seems legit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    would love michu..

Actually a player I can route for and get behind..

+ that potential... :eek: :drool:

- not sure on Dzeko, but I cant see city selling..
    My first choice would be Hernandez. Michu, I'm not sure about. Is he as good as he's made out to be?

Reports saying Barca, Inter and Napoli are in for Luis Gustavo now. What is wrong with Arsenal? Are we gonna bring anyone in? Or will it be another rushed deadline day signings like 2011? Something has got to give - this is unacceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    So yesterday Suarez said there was a "blanket ban" on questions about his liverpool future while he's in Uruguay, and that he's categorically not gonna talk about it, and that he's even asked team-mates not to answer questions about it, (http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football...ure_98333.html), and then a few hours later he tells a Uruguayan newspaper that he's gonna stay? seems legit
    But SSN confirmed it as well so it must be true.

>>>>>MUST BE TRUE
    >>>>>MUST

ReputationRep:
    Its been years in the making, but Arsenal are no longer considered a 'top' club.
    We are struggling to attract players.
    Players are choosing clubs like Tottenham, Napoli etc. over us.
    We will probably manage to squeeze one 'big name' signing but the likelihood of it being Suarez in next to none.

ReputationRep:
    My first choice would be Hernandez. Michu, I'm not sure about. Is he as good as he's made out to be?

Reports saying Barca, Inter and Napoli are in for Luis Gustavo now. What is wrong with Arsenal? Are we gonna bring anyone in? Or will it be another rushed deadline day signings like 2011? Something has got to give - this is unacceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dont get me wrong, I love hernandez to bits - but in my eyes he just isnt a main striker..

Ive watched him a lot at united, and he is the best, bar very few, impact sub - he comes on, and can change the game, poach a goal from anywhere.. and provide a real threat...

But in full games, especially against decent oposition, he often gets lost, issolated, and plays pretty badly..

then again to counter that, he has a cracking international record, when he does play 90mins..

So maybe its just that he looks weak playing 90mins for united, because he does it so rarely?

(kind of like dzeko)

-- with michu, I really do think he is as good as is suggested..

Swansea would have been no where without him last season.. he pulled a mid-table club to a trophy, and a decent leauge finish..

+ he gets important goals.. (which I think is something we lack) - many times last season he knicked the deciding goal, often against good opsotion aswell

- Michu would be my personal choice... - honestly I think you would see a cracking return off him for ~£20m

(swansea wouldnt want to sell. but michu surely has high ambitions and will leap for CL football)

ReputationRep:
    People actually want Michu for £20m? Have you all gone mad. This is complete and utter nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    dont get me wrong, I love hernandez to bits - but in my eyes he just isnt a main striker..

Ive watched him a lot at united, and he is the best, bar very few, impact sub - he comes on, and can change the game, poach a goal from anywhere.. and provide a real threat...

But in full games, especially against decent oposition, he often gets lost, issolated, and plays pretty badly..

then again to counter that, he has a cracking international record, when he does play 90mins..

So maybe its just that he looks weak playing 90mins for united, because he does it so rarely?

(kind of like dzeko)

-- with michu, I really do think he is as good as is suggested..

Swansea would have been no where without him last season.. he pulled a mid-table club to a trophy, and a decent leauge finish..

+ he gets important goals.. (which I think is something we lack) - many times last season he knicked the deciding goal, often against good opsotion aswell

- Michu would be my personal choice... - honestly I think you would see a cracking return off him for ~£20m

(swansea wouldnt want to sell. but michu surely has high ambitions and will leap for CL football)
    I don't see why Hernandez can't do what he does off the bench for the whole game. He'd be quite awesome leading our attack. But he's probably never gonna happen.

A more realistic target is Michu. He's decent but I'm not sure if he's a one season wonder. Can he do it again? Moreover, can he do it on the big stage at a big club? £20m~ is serious money and will be a huge risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    People actually want Michu for £20m? Have you all gone mad. This is complete and utter nonsense.
    Init so no to joetic and higuain but Michu would be a perfect fit. Damn boy this pot has gotta be good stuff

ReputationRep:
    Michu will not go to Arsenal for a number of reasons imo:

His price will be very inflated after last season and will cost over £25m. He has only recently signed a contract extension and there is absolutely no reason for the club to sell for cheap, just like Ashley Williams. I'm unsure it's the world class player Arsenal needs, and i don't think Wenger will see value in the ultimate transfer fee.

Will be interesting to see who Wenger goes for as options are very scarce. 2011 all over again? Need to sort out the Gustavo deal asap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Michu will not go to Arsenal for a number of reasons imo:

His price will be very inflated after last season and will cost over £25m. He has only recently signed a contract extension and there is absolutely no reason for the club to sell for cheap, just like Ashley Williams. I'm unsure it's the world class player Arsenal needs, and i don't think Wenger will see value in the ultimate transfer fee.

Will be interesting to see who Wenger goes for as options are very scarce. 2011 all over again? Need to sort out the Gustavo deal asap.
    I agree. He's too big a risk at that price. But Wenger needs to do something because this is ridiculous. To start a season with 17 players is outrageous. For someone of his experience and knowledge to allow for that is unacceptable.

Imagine we lose to Villa on Saturday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    The person he told has got pretty much everything spot on about Luis Suarez and is pretty close to him.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 5m
    I think it's safe to say there isn't a journalist in Uruguay who knows Luis Suarez better than @MartinCharquero

And Tony Barret is probably the most reliable reporter when it comes to Liverpool.

He's a lying little rat so you never know I guess. Obviously the saga won't be over until deadline day but I'm 99.9% sure he won't be going.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.