Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daryabrm)
    I think you guys should read this:

http://thegreaterjihad.tumblr.com/po...ave-a-dream-of
    The greater jihad hadith has been ruled fabricated by some scholars.

ReputationRep:
    SubhanAllah, one of the most loved sheikhs from my local area was killed today. Inaa lillah wa inaa ilayhi raji'oon. Please remember him in your du'aa.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to create Salafistan with me?

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys label yourselves salafis? This is a genuine question, some people act as though it's haram when you say: "I'm a salafi" all it means is I follow rasullullah sallallahu alayhi wasalam and his companions right? They were the salaf. So I'm a salafi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    SubhanAllah, one of the most loved sheikhs from my local area was killed today. Inaa lillah wa inaa ilayhi raji'oon. Please remember him in your du'aa.
    SubhanAllah how awful. Despicable. By a non Muslim? May Allah swt forgive his soul.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Raheemahullah, he was found shot dead in his chest this morning, He was the former Imam of an amazing masjid in Acton masjid al-Noor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    SubhanAllah how awful. Despicable. By a non Muslim? May Allah swt forgive his soul.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not known yet who is responsible. But he was found shot dead in his car subhanAllah. Here one day and gone the next. May Allah have mercy on him and bring these criminals to justice.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys label yourselves salafis? This is a genuine question, some people act as though it's haram when you say: "I'm a salafi" all it means is I follow rasullullah sallallahu alayhi wasalam and his companions right? They were the salaf. So I'm a salafi!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    SubhanAllah, people tend to say 'Salafi this' or 'Wahabi that' without really know what they are, and it sometimes gets annoying. Indeed being a Salafi means that you follow the Sunnah of Rasulallah (SAW) and the Sahaba (may Allah be pleased withh them), so when some say 'Jheeze, Salafis make us Muslims look extreme, so I hate them', it makes me feel like folding my beard over my face and imploding because they are basically saying that they hate Muslims for trying to be like Rasulallah (SAW). It's just nonsense.

ReputationRep:

May Allah have mercy on you, shaykh.

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to Ramadan?? I cant wait!!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Ruh)
    SubhanAllah, people tend to say 'Salafi this' or 'Wahabi that' without really know what they are, and it sometimes gets annoying. Indeed being a Salafi means that you follow the Sunnah of Rasulallah (SAW) and the Sahaba (may Allah be pleased withh them), so when some say 'Jheeze, Salafis make us Muslims look extreme, so I hate them', it makes me feel like folding my beard over my face and imploding because they are basically saying that they hate Muslims for trying to be like Rasulallah (SAW). It's just nonsense.
    I do understand where you come from but shouldnt we call ourselves Muslims only?

It creates division.

Why do you need to add salafi or wahabi or whatever to say that you follow the prophets actions?

Isnt that a Muslim should do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruh)
    I completely agree with you here. Ignorance is so widespread these days, it is awful when such words come out of the mouth of non Muslims, and even worst from Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not known yet who is responsible. But he was found shot dead in his car subhanAllah. Here one day and gone the next. May Allah have mercy on him and bring these criminals to justice.
    You're clearly affected subhanAllah. Just think, his soul could be with the angels of mercy, floating near jannah. SubhanAllah. If he was shot, he is also a matyr right? I hope so in shaa Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruh)
    , so when some say 'Jheeze, Salafis make us Muslims look extreme, so I hate them', it makes me feel like folding my beard over my face and imploding.
    TERRORIST!

Only joking the beard face thing made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garfeeled)
    TERRORIST!

Only joking the beard face thing made me laugh.
    Better imploding than exploding ygm :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You're clearly affected subhanAllah. Just think, his soul could be with the angels of mercy, floating near jannah. SubhanAllah. If he was shot, he is also a matyr right? I hope so in shaa Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    inshaAllah, we ask Allah to accept him as a shaheed.

It's difficult not to be affected, he used to be the imaam of a masjid that's local to me, and was well known in the community.

Have a read of this: https://www.facebook.com/aamaralam/p...53384641446400

ReputationRep:
    May Allah raise him with the best of mankind on yawm al qiyyamah

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/zillur.rahm...52722382216837

ReputationRep:

May Allah have mercy on you, shaykh.
    Subhan'Allah. Ameen

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think you understand what "following the companions" actually means.

I recommend you check out this series of blogposts by a convert: https://theletteredwayfarer.wordpres...ng-out-part-1/

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.