Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    2 2 goal comebacks in the Juventus vs Bayern game.

You are allowed to admit that there is football outside of Merseyside.
    I don't deny at all that they were both great games; I watched them and they were definitely among the best this season.

However I will not waver from the Liverpool-Dortmund match being game of the year.
    Maybe that's the own bias, but it's also my own opinion.

ReputationRep:
    That Lovren winner in stoppage time... :coma: :moon:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah, Liverpool vs Dortmund was the best game I saw all season. Unreal.

The best PL match - contrary to the belief Leicester beating City was - was probably Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham. Really enjoyed that.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard of Yacine Brahimi? Rumours have it that Liverpool are happy to meet his 45m release clause. Don't know much about him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Anyone heard of Yacine Brahimi? Rumours have it that Liverpool are happy to meet his 45m release clause. Don't know much about him tbh.
    Yeah I've seen that rumour floating around too, I'm not sure if it's just paper talk or if he's a genuine target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Yeah I've seen that rumour floating around too, I'm not sure if it's just paper talk or if he's a genuine target.
    True. Most people saying 45m for an unknown 26yr old isn't worth it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Yeah, Liverpool vs Dortmund was the best game I saw all season. Unreal.

The best PL match - contrary to the belief Leicester beating City was - was probably Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham. Really enjoyed that.
    Let's not forget that on this day 11 years ago, we shook the world of football to the very core.

Kinda eclipses the rest don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge injured?

Rashford <3
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The power of the Hodge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Sturridge injured?

Rashford <3
    As far I'm aware it's meant to be a minor knock.

God, I hope Sturridge comes back in one piece. :bricks:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    As far I'm aware it's meant to be a minor knock.

God, I hope Sturridge comes back in one piece. :bricks:
    Don't they always say it's minor, though?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Milan confirm they won't be keeping Balotelli.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sturridge with a calf injury for England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    ffs... always on England duty...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rashford was always going to start tomorrow's match anyway imho, but it's a shame for Sturridge. I'm not too bothered about England, and I'm pretty sure he'll make the final 23-man squad regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Take him out of Euro's and give him a break in the summer ready for preseason, should retire from internationals too for the sake of his career. Kane, Vardy and Rashford upfront will be fine for Euros.

ReputationRep:
    The power of the Hodge.
    I hate him.
    I hate him so much.

ReputationRep:
    Milan confirm they won't be keeping Balotelli.
    They will come back with some pathetic offers or another loan offer. Italy clubs just take the ****.

(Original post by mr tim)
    Not surprised at all. Funny how Liverpool managed to keep him fit but Woy just seems to ruin him every time. I'd be pretty pleased if he got to miss the tournament. I don't see Hodgson starting him but even his training methods seem to be bad for Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    They will come back with some pathetic offers or another loan offer. Italy clubs just take the ****.

Not surprised at all. Funny how Liverpool managed to keep him fit but Woy just seems to ruin him every time. I'd be pretty pleased if he got to miss the tournament. I don't see Hodgson starting him but even his training methods seem to be bad for Sturridge.
    That's true, they're so embarrassing with transfers. They have a few quality teams like Juventus but I couldn't see the appeal for a top player to ever go to Italy.

I don't know what Hodgson does, it's like he tries to get Sturridge injured and ruin his career...
    I don't think England "need" him so I'd be quite content if he doesn't go to the Euros. If it makes him fitter for next season, I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    That's true, they're so embarrassing with transfers. They have a few quality teams like Juventus but I couldn't see the appeal for a top player to ever go to Italy.

I don't know what Hodgson does, it's like he tries to get Sturridge injured and ruin his career...
    I don't think England "need" him so I'd be quite content if he doesn't go to the Euros. If it makes him fitter for next season, I'm happy
    Well it works for them. Desperate English clubs trying to get off their books so they get players on the cheap.

I imagine he has old fashioned methods and expects all the players to do the same training whereas Liverpool no doubt have a very specific training routine for Sturridge

I guess if you're Woy, why would you not take your best crop of players? Only going to get crucified if you don't and he doesn't care about Liverpool or Sturridge's career per say - just needs to do the best with what he can in the short term. Is there a better striker to come off the bench for England?

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.