My friend got rejected today
What for?
Mustang Sally
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Marcx89)
Yeah it's true, however the LSE name will cover that up :P, they're not known for doing useless degrees lol, you'll just have to describe it during interviews ^^. I'd think the degree would be helpful for law anyway.

As for Mcgill, the canadian system is quite different: i applied for a faculty (the arts one, which is the humanities/social sciences one) and you do your pick once you're there. I think i'll end up (if i go there) picking poli sci as a major and maybe philosophy/psychology as minors.

ah, like the american system? got it now!
SomeGirl91
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys... I got rejected for Anthropology and Law today... It was a long battel!

Upset but can't say I've broken down into a million pieces. I've been watching this thread for ages now and felt all the ups and downs you guys have; everyone waiting still has a chance so try not to think negative thoughts. I believed in myself even though I wasn't an especially strong candidate, and I still do - those who got rejected today should feel the same!

Just remember that exams are never a true test of intellect, and its unfortunate that there isn't a system that measures intellect correctly enough for those without a million A*s to be given a chance.
amar247
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SomeGirl91)
Hey guys... I got rejected for Anthropology and Law today... It was a long battel!

Upset but can't say I've broken down into a million pieces. I've been watching this thread for ages now and felt all the ups and downs you guys have; everyone waiting still has a chance so try not to think negative thoughts. I believed in myself even though I wasn't an especially strong candidate, and I still do - those who got rejected today should feel the same!

Just remember that exams are never a true test of intellect, and its unfortunate that there isn't a system that measures intellect correctly enough for those without a million A*s to be given a chance.
Amen to that.
cactus_c
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tommyvillegas)
UCL rejected me.. I think it is because of my PS. Do you think i can hope an LSE offer or if UCL rejected me, it means that my application is not good?
Commiserations mate, and welcome to the club .. We're in a pretty similar situation :cool:
econ0403
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
been a while since i came..
it seems, today was a rejection day
im really sorry for rejections
Lord Roem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, with my Edinburgh rejection I really do think that it is only a matter of time before I fall by the LSE wayside...

Were there any rejections for Government and History at all today?
cactus_c
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Btw did anyone get rejected for straight economics?
SomeGirl91
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amar247)
Amen to that.
albiesworld
Report 9 years ago
Commiserations to all who got rejected today

I can't believe that I am still alive. I just got rejected for my second St. Andrews course and yet LSE still has me....what is going on!?!?!??!?!?

and we need to seriously stop speculating
Hanoi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by roll007)
Well i've got UCL (my 2nd choice) Econ and Stats invitation for this Wednesday and now there's just so much extra pressure on this. Some people have told me that most people will get offers but there's still an interview (albeit informal) to get through and try to impress. I just really want to stay in London so with LSE gone, UCL's my last chance and honestly, i would love to go to UCL. i know it's not an LSE but UCL has its advantages as well. I've got offers from Notts and Birm and waiting on Warwick (straight Econ), but I'm not too bothered about that as long as i can get an offer from UCL.

How bout u? LSE the only one you waiting for now?
I have heard that the 'group interview' for UCL Econ & Stats is really informal, you will be asked questions such as 'why do you want to come to UCL', 'why Econ & Stats', 'why London' etc so make sure you know a vague idea of the answers. Apparently they just want to make sure that you want to go to UCL.

(Original post by bj_945)
UCL"s amazing for Economics! Admittedly LSE for Economics is something else, but UCL"s probs the 3rd best place to study it after LSE and Oxbridge?

For Philosophy I"m gonna go to UCL even if I get LSE I think...

Good luck for the interview! See you there hopefully.

Peace x
Why UCL? Is it more reputable than LSE for Philosophy?
(sorry, I'm just interested why you made this decision :redface: )

(Original post by cactus_c)
Btw did anyone get rejected for straight economics?
No.

Is anyone else in my situation?
Applying for L101
App sent before Cambridge deadline
No gathered pile email or anything else
Still waiting like crazy
Fairily_Spark
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hanoi)
Applying for L101
Still waiting like crazy
Well I'm not applying for the same course as you but yeah, my UCAS was progressed in late September and haven't heard since
Hanoi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What are you applying for?
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think my mind is made up. I will pick UCL over LSE even if I get an offer.
grademe
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yodude888)
What led you to make this decision?
Tyrotoxism
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yodude888)
Why?
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So much negative feedback from good friends who are there.
bj_945
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hanoi)
Why UCL? Is it more reputable than LSE for Philosophy?
(sorry, I'm just interested why you made this decision :redface: )
Generally LSE is just generally more reputable, but I prefer UCL"s course (LSE"s course seems pretty narrow, and focussed on the Philosophy of Science). I think in the Philosophy world UCL would be more reputable, but that"s not why I"m doing it. I"m doing it because I think I"ll prefer the course and also the social life of the uni...

Hopefully if LSE give me an AAB offer that will be my insurance though.

Peace x
SAMBO!
Report 9 years ago
oh well.... its been fun.... just got back home from a night out and an unexpected email from track

rejection from lse for law....
DanielJH
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applying for L101
Still waiting like crazy[/QUOTE]

Yep, I applied for L101 before the oxford deadline (10th of October)
No gathered pile email
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.98%
No (590)
60.2%
Not really bothered about them (204)
20.82%

Watched Threads