The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7840
I retook my Physics ISA because I had 70 UMS. When I retook it I got 100 UMS, but on my examination sheet, it still says my old grade.

This is frustrating as if my new ISA was sent in, I would've achieved A* overall, now I only have an A.

Who should I do? :frown:

And did anyone get A^ in f. maths?
I got 3A*'s 5A's and 2B's,pleased with the results but is it good enough for medicine?:frown:
10 A*s and 3As . Feeling Happy :biggrin: Although I'm annoyed at English Lang! I though I did better -.-
Original post by curiousninja
Thank you! :smile:

Your welcome :biggrin:
12A*'s 1A. :O *faint*
Is 8 GCSEs enough for top institutions/top courses (ie medicine).

I achieved 5A* grades (English language, maths, geography, religion and additional science), and 3 A grades (core science, English literature and Spanish). Is this enough when applying to top institutions or for highly competitive courses?

I see people with, for example 11, 12 or even more GCSE exams but I sadly didn't have this chance (I didn't take triple science and stupidly chose to take DiDA rather than another academic subject; wish I took history/French looking back now)..

Anyway I hope somebody can help me and I hope you are all happy with the results you achieved. I certainly am, just worried that the amount of GCSEs may not be enough for the very best unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theJdog
I don't think A-Levels count in this, as this is average GCSE scores. it's probably just the UMS (total?). I can't really tell. Where is it written on ur sheet? Unless your school is different. I think maybe it is UCAS. Did someone tell you that it wasn't UCAS?

No it definitely is counted in the gcse score as ums wise I got 578 and in terms of ucas it is 140 points . Does this mean that unis will have to see this as 5a* gcse alongside my gcse results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ghost_rebel
I got 3A*'s 5A's and 2B's,pleased with the results but is it good enough for medicine?:frown:

Perfectly good enough. For example, at UEA to study medicine you only needed 6 A Grades. You surpassed that.

Cambridge or Oxford may be out of the question, but if you do as well with your A-Levels and have a good UKCAT/BMAT score, work experience and interview, you'll be fine.

Remember, for medicine it's more than just the grades.
Original post by aasvogel
Yay! Sounds great! Schools wants me for photos tomorrow so no Portrush. :angry:

Aww... Sorry, but you will get there......someday!!! :frown: I have to go in for photos at my school too, but my schools in coleraine anyway so I don't have to miss my friends birthday party. But isn't it so cool we got chosen for photos because of our results I've been smiling all day! :smile: plus I'm thinking of changing my fourth choice for a level from theatre studies to geography so ill need to mention that tomorrow aswell :/ what did you get by the way? I got 6A*'s, 3A's and a B!
Is it bad that when I find out someone I don't like failed lot's of their subjects, it makes me happy?
I got 7A* 4A 1B which I didn't expect.

I was 1 mark off an A* in history and 2 marks off an A* in PE...should I ask for a remark?

(I want to do medicine)

:smile:
Original post by snikutsmullac
Perfectly good enough. For example, at UEA to study medicine you only needed 6 A Grades. You surpassed that.

Cambridge or Oxford may be out of the question, but if you do as well with your A-Levels and have a good UKCAT/BMAT score, work experience and interview, you'll be fine.

Remember, for medicine it's more than just the grades.

Phewww thank you so much,that's made me 100x better:smile: r u thinking of doing medicine then?:tongue:
Original post by ghost_rebel
Phewww thank you so much,that's made me 100x better:smile: r u thinking of doing medicine then?:tongue:

You'll need pretty much straight A's at A-Level, and they're harder, so bear that in mind.

I want to do a degree in Pharmacy, but originally I did want to do medicine.
Original post by purplechocolate
I got 7A* 4A 1B which I didn't expect.

I was 1 mark off an A* in history and 2 marks off an A* in PE...should I ask for a remark?

(I want to do medicine)

Your grades are fine for medicine so don't worry about that, and history would be worth a remark :h: not so sure about PE though :smile:
Original post by snikutsmullac
Is it bad that when I find out someone I don't like failed lot's of their subjects, it makes me happy?

hahahaha lol i would be happy to :biggrin:
Does anyone know if I'd have a chance at getting into Cambridge with 6 A*s and 6 As? I'd like to do MML.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubisoft
And did anyone get A^ in f. maths?

Yeah I did :3 did you? Anyone else get the A^ in further maths aqa?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Plenty good enough. :smile:

thank you I really appreciate that, what did you achieve?
Original post by techno836
Your grades are fine for medicine so don't worry about that, and history would be worth a remark :h: not so sure about PE though :smile:

Thanks, how do I go about that?
Original post by purplechocolate
Thanks, how do I go about that?

Ask your exams officer :h: although hurry I believe there is a deadline for when they can be submitted :smile: get it for a priority remark and it should be back by September 10th :h:

Latest