Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    I feel your pain. I only got one C and it was German.
    yeah i also got a C in Spanish, I could have got a better result if I did a different subject

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite pleased with my results. Mainly A's and A*'s. I hope everyone else got what they wanted.
    Would these results give me a good chance at studying psychology at the one of the top universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    yeah i also got a C in Spanish, I could have got a better result if I did a different subject
    I'm sure it doesn't matter much to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I got good grades for gcse mostly A*s but I got a C for Music and D for PE short course which are on the same board. Do you think it's worth it to burn the official certificates when it comes to applying to uni due to the strict competition (I'm going to apply to medicine to some top universities) ??

ReputationRep:
    Same here as well. I got a C in PE. It does bug me a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    9A* and full UMS in English Lit, which is what I plan to likely study at uni. Somehow managed to bamboozle the OCR music people into thinking my coursework was great, whilst getting Bs in the exams Have spent entire day in a haze of fatigue and shock, got a (horrific) photo of me alongside the other 9A* people from my school (who all look gorgeous - curse my lack of photogenia), watched a lot of movies and ate a lot of junk food, and can barely remember half the things that have happened. Today is simultaneously one of the best and one of the most surreal days of my life...mainly due to that last night is the first all-nighter I've ever pulled :O
    Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepatronus)
    I'm quite pleased with my results. Mainly A's and A*'s. I hope everyone else got what they wanted.
    Would these results give me a good chance at studying psychology at the one of the top universities?
    Of course they will as long as you achieve good grades in your A levels and btw congratulations you did way better than me i got 3A* 7A's 3C's and 1B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Average point score, which 6th form use for admission. A* is 58, A is 52 and 46 is B, C is 40 and so on. Usually you need 40+ to get into 6th form. What did you get? I got 51. They add all the numbers and then divide it by the number of GCSEs you have (average). For example, you may need 45 to get into your 6th form.
    That's where the issue lies my average gcse point score is 54.6 but i have an a* in a level maths and that is shown as 300 points(not ucas). Does this mean that an a* at a level counts as a little more than 5a* at gcse?
    As 58= a* gcse hence 5xa* =290
    A level maths a*= 300
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course they will as long as you achieve good grades in your A levels and btw congratulations you did way better than me i got 3A* 7A's 3C's and 1B
    Thanks! You did really good as well.

ReputationRep:
    Business Communications (Pretty much I.C.T): B
    Core Science: A
    Additional Science: A
    Further Additional Science: A
    English Language: A
    English Literature: A
    French: B
    Geography: B
    Mathematics: A*
    Physical Education B.T.E.C: Merit

D'ya guys think I'll be good enough for a Pharmacy course when I get to Uni? I know it's early days yet, but I just need a rough idea. Studying Pharmacy in UCL would be my dream.

ReputationRep:
    I got 3A*'s 7A's and 1B. I'd just like to say THANK YOU to everyone on the student room for helping me through my gcse's - especially in English. If it wasn't for discussions and predictions on the threads and kind people sending me resources I don't think I would have achieved what I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceangel8)
    I got 3A*'s 7A's and 1B. I'd just like to say THANK YOU to everyone on the student room for helping me through my gcse's - especially in English. If it wasn't for discussions and predictions on the threads and kind people sending me resources I don't think I would have achieved what I did.
    Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theuser77)
    That's where the issue lies my average gcse point score is 54.6 but i have an a* in a level maths and that is shown as 300 points(not ucas). Does this mean that an a* at a level counts as a little more than 5a* at gcse?
    As 58= a* gcse hence 5xa* =290
    A level maths a*= 300
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think A-Levels count in this, as this is average GCSE scores. it's probably just the UMS (total?). I can't really tell. Where is it written on ur sheet? Unless your school is different. I think maybe it is UCAS. Did someone tell you that it wasn't UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiousninja)
    Business Communications (Pretty much I.C.T): B
    Core Science: A
    Additional Science: A
    Further Additional Science: A
    English Language: A
    English Literature: A
    French: B
    Geography: B
    Mathematics: A*
    Physical Education B.T.E.C: Merit

D'ya guys think I'll be good enough for a Pharmacy course when I get to Uni? I know it's early days yet, but I just need a rough idea. Studying Pharmacy in UCL would be my dream.
    Hi i found this link on their website it includes GCSE and A level requirements for pharmacy at UCL

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...4/umpphmsing01

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we get our GCSE certificates, and in what format they will come in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahjones95)
    Got a D in maths

[SIZE=1][URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR M
    Commiserations. But if it`s any consolation to you at all, there were probably hundreds of thousands of others who got a D in Maths as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i found this link on their website it includes GCSE and A level requirements for pharmacy at UCL

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...4/umpphmsing01
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesePuffff)
    Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I retook my Physics ISA because I had 70 UMS. When I retook it I got 100 UMS, but on my examination sheet, it still says my old grade.

This is frustrating as if my new ISA was sent in, I would've achieved A* overall, now I only have an A.

Who should I do?

And did anyone get A^ in f. maths?

ReputationRep:
    I got 3A*'s 5A's and 2B's,pleased with the results but is it good enough for medicine?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.