Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Sideways and backways passing is not a problem, main issue is that Xavi can no longer provide the defensive contribution that is required of the CM in that system. The other problem was losing Marquez & Puyol without replacing them, which made more possession necessary.
    Wouldn't you say that Pique is fine as a replacement? Puyol hasn't been replaced and that's clear, Guardiola used Mascherano there to help with recirculating possession and because Milito was terrible but obviously he's not done too great as expected.

I was saying that Xavi isn't as mobile as before in attacking as well. Maybe it's just how Xavi plays but since I've watched him properly I've never really seen him take hold of a game like Busquetts or Iniesta.

ReputationRep:
    Enda Brady (Sky Sports) saying Wenger is interested in Coleman and expects us to make a bid. Can not see him go for anything less than 20M.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Enda Brady (Sky Sports) saying Wenger is interested in Coleman and expects us to make a bid. Can not see him go for anything less than 20M.
    Arsenal/Everton couldnt negotiate a fee for any player, both tight as ****.

Now ideally we'd send them some players in return to break the impasse, Arteta, Vermaelen or Gnabry/Joel Campbell on loan but in reality we'll consider a bid for 4 weeks before making a final offer of £10m.

ReputationRep:
    I think all this hype about Chelsea with Cesc and Costa is far fetched tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I think all this hype about Chelsea with Cesc and Costa is far fetched tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Costa and Cesc with Matic in January is absolutely quality transfer dealings though. All we've managed to do is get around 10m from clauses and cancelling them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Costa and Cesc with Matic in January is absolutely quality transfer dealings though. All we've managed to do is get around 10m from clauses and cancelling them.
    For sure but all this hype about them being invincible next season just doesn't seem right. I've got a feeling Costa will have a rough season and although he's quality atm I still think Suarez and Aguero are better. We don't actually know how Cesc is going to perform yet and if he's being sold by Barca I doubt he's the world beater we make him out to be. Doesn't seem like a mourinho type player but time will tell.

Right now I'm more worried about Van Gaal pulling off another shock with UTD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Between the £5m from Cesc and £10m from Vela we've made a decent amount. Also cleared a good £300k from the wage bill

And say what you like, Wenger making £15m without selling a player is only likely to make him spend more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Between the £5m from Cesc and £10m from Vela we've made a decent amount. Also cleared a good £300k from the wage bill

And say what you like, Wenger making £15m without selling a player is only likely to make him spend more!
    I'll believe it when I see it. We love to fill a good high interest bank account you of all people should know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Well the Cesc and Vela money would pretty much pay for him. Go for it AW! I'd much rather BPL ready players like Coleman than having to wait for someone like Aurier to bed in and get used to the league.

ReputationRep:
    Said rumours that Cazorla wants to go to Atletico

This window is not looking good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Said rumours that Cazorla wants to go to Atletico

This window is not looking good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would let him go for £25m. He's 29 and not suitable to play with Ozil.

Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky are adequate cover for Ozil

To be absolutely honest, Ive always suspected that Tomas Rosicky is a superior player to Cazorla. Rosicky seems to be one of those evergreen players as well, still got plenty of running in him.

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea of having a wingback who can actually cross and provide a goal threat

Sagna/Gibbs are actually some of the least dangerous wing backs Ive ever seen going forward

ReputationRep:
    Would let him go for £25m. He's 29 and not suitable to play with Ozil.

Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky are adequate cover for Ozil

To be absolutely honest, Ive always suspected that Tomas Rosicky is a superior player to Cazorla. Rosicky seems to be one of those evergreen players as well, still got plenty of running in him.
    Rosicky for cover is good but wouldn't start him atm

Cazorla is replaceable for sure but what worries me is are we actually going to increase in depth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Allegedly, Cazorla wants out

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/13/santi-...nsfer-4761039/

It's the Metro though, so huge pinch of salt is required!!

ReputationRep:
    Wenger was raving about Daley Blind on TF1 last night apparently, I really wouldnt mind him as our DM one bit. Ajax would deal for £10m, maybe less depending on competition for him.

Blind Ramsey
    Ozil

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    You know who would have been the perfect replacement for Cazorla?!.....

Nevermind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Allegedly, Cazorla wants out

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/13/santi-...nsfer-4761039/

It's the Metro though, so huge pinch of salt is required!!
    Think I saw it else where too can't remember now though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger was raving about Daley Blind on TF1 last night apparently, I really wouldnt mind him as our DM one bit. Ajax would deal for £10m, maybe less depending on competition for him.

Blind Ramsey
    Ozil

I wouldn't go for him on the basis of yesterday though he's still got a bit to prove but for 10m that would be a good deal

He's 24 though so if he has a good cup couldn't you see it go up to 20m+?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Blind Ramsey
    Ozil

We've been linked with Rodrigo Caio a DM, who plays for São Paulo. Don't know too much about him, but some reports he's the 'next big thing' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I wouldn't go for him on the basis of yesterday though he's still got a bit to prove but for 10m that would be a good deal

He's 24 though so if he has a good cup couldn't you see it go up to 20m+?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's really been excellent for Ajax as well in fairness, player of the year in Holland.

Nah £10m would be about right, Ajax know they;re selling risky commodities so they price accordingly

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.