Usual ****tyness :sad:
    Hows you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console:

Not so good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It's 22:24 on a Saturday. You are not supposed to be something productive at this time. You should be watching snatch
    Okay I just feel that other than going to work I haven't achieved anything :/ it is a good film though

(Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Has anyone tried meditation? Does it help?
    I haven't tried it myself but a girl i used to date did and she said it helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Has anyone tried meditation? Does it help?
    yoga can help with my anxiety. Does sod all when i'm in this state - i.e possibly hypomanic.

I swear if she tries to take the hypomsnia away from me without getting rid of the crushing apathy and self hatred I get, she can genuinely shove it where the sun doesn't bloody shine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    I had something similar back in july when my meds went up. I p. much always get like this when the weather gets better in like march/april time. my Gp is supposed to be sending me something w.r.t the episode & voices i mentioned when i was there on thursday.
    Ah okay. Well I hope the GP appt goes well. Just try and take it easy before then and sleep if you can

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Ah okay. Well I hope the GP appt goes well. Just try and take it easy before then and sleep if you can

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll try. Why does it only feel like it's 4pm, despite it being quarter to 11...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    I'll try. Why does it only feel like it's 4pm, despite it being quarter to 11...
    I know that feeling...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i literally feel i could clean the flat from top to bottom, single handedly dismantle the patriarchy and do all of my reading for polymer science by sunrise...

(Original post by Odd socks)
    :hugs: I completely understand how you feel. I can be mediocre at a few things but I have no actual talent :sadnod: I'm afraid I don't have much advice though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont worry, That's how I feel too thank you.. :hugs:

But people say i dont have talent but then I see other people who are more talented or more knowledgeable then me and I just feel .. Urk.

Anyway yeah...

Not sure if anyone will find this useful... But I found this link..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillau...rstand#35x8y1k - you're not alone if you have this

ReputationRep:
    Ended up in the bar for a grad event with the 4th year and saw a few of the medics that used to be in my year. Just made me really anxious so I'm hiding in my room for a few minutes then I'll go back down. It's really odd because they've moved on to doing clinical stuff and I have done nothing at all since I last saw them and I just
    Part of me wishes I'd gone to the party thing even though I would have known nobody because at least then I could sneak off back to my room without anybody realising. Have decided I'm not going to drink anything else tonight because I can easily see how much more manageable this would be if I was drunk and that's not a road I want to go down. Think tomorrow I might message one or two of the medics I've ran into tonight and see if they want to hang out and catch up some time since we used to be fairly good friends. Have also made a kind of plan to have a baking session with somebody so that's good I guess.
    Just really not feeling tonight.

ReputationRep:
    :console:

Not so good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jumphug: wanna talk about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel panicky and horrible. still haven't properly gotten over the bad panic attack I had yesterday. on the way into town today I had to stop off at a park to try and catch my breath and cry a bit. panic is coming back and I desperately don't want another panic attack. my head feels scrambled

ReputationRep:
    My dad pulled a blinder of a stunt today and i dont know if im angry, upset, pissed off or what but i just want to cry so much over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I know it's dangerous but has anyone come off medication before by themselves? I forgot to take mine last night and slept for about 7 hours and it was a really good 7 hours sleep instead of feeling completely zombie like and lethargic. I had energy today that I shouldn't have given how rough the first few weeks of uni have been and I've felt somewhat optimistic about life? Like I don't think the things I need to do to change require medication? They just require me to recode(?) my thought patterns and how I approach things?

I know some people are going to say 'Oh the medication is helping you think like this.' but if it was these 3 weeks wouldn't have been as difficult as they have been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    I know it's dangerous but has anyone come off medication before by themselves? I forgot to take mine last night and slept for about 7 hours and it was a really good 7 hours sleep instead of feeling completely zombie like and lethargic. I had energy today that I shouldn't have given how rough the first few weeks of uni have been and I've felt somewhat optimistic about life? Like I don't think the things I need to do to change require medication? They just require me to recode(?) my thought patterns and how I approach things?

I know some people are going to say 'Oh the medication is helping you think like this.' but if it was these 3 weeks wouldn't have been as difficult as they have been?
    I've cold-turkeyed on medication quite a few times (usually with the idea that I don't need it). Generally, the first couple of days go great but then the withdrawal symptoms kick in and they can be really nasty (with mirtazapine, I get the more horrendous nausea for instance).

I guess the way you could look at it is would the 3 weeks have been even more difficult without the medication?

ReputationRep:
    I told myself I could only go to bed after I completed a certain bit in a game I was playing but it's been 2 hours now and I've still not managed but I have to before I can sleep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tonight is going to be a long night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I told myself I could only go to bed after I completed a certain bit in a game I was playing but it's been 2 hours now and I've still not managed but I have to before I can sleep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which game? Maybe there are guides online that could help you finish it? I do this for a lot of games where you need to collect certain items to get 100%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    Which game? Maybe there are guides online that could help you finish it? I do this for a lot of games where you need to collect certain items to get 100%.
    Ocarina of Time for the 3DS ive actually just managed it, I was trying to defeat the boss dragon thing in the fire temple. I knew how I was supposed to do it but kept getting fire breathed

Oh well I can sleep now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay go Sockle!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    Yay go Sockle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jive:

Also I love how that has become my name now

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.