The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Complaining (preferably about the weather) and queuing are the two fundamental skills needed to be British :hand: - Hell that'd be the basis of my citizenship tests.
That's complaining to oneself or one's company though - never to the responsible party.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
For one - please try and speak english so I can understand it - thanks!
For two - as this picture shows, I felt it did actually dampen the taste. Attachment 410817

I know... absolutely ****ing disgraceful.
Absolutely Brilliant! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
Hahaha!

I also complained to Doritos a couple weeks back as I bought a pack of Cool Original doritos, and they tasted like Tangy Cheese. Needless to say, they didn't respond, so they will be receiving another message shortly.
You only complain to the party responsible in situations that are so dire that it's required otherwise you're just a Yank.

Personally I only query something that I feel is wrong, I only outright complain if it's life & death. I'm totes British
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
You only complain to the party responsible in situations that are so dire that it's required otherwise you're just a Yank.

Personally I only query something that I feel is wrong, I only outright complain if it's life & death. I'm totes British
Haha, the totes is absolutely necessary there! Well, everything I've complained about has been relevant to the ongoing quality of my life...
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
That's complaining to oneself or one's company though - never to the responsible party.
I must admit that it's dangerous to do it to oneself when in the US, I almost got arrested at LAX due to my complaints about the TSA which I thought were just mumblings to myself but a TSA agent overheard when I said "****ing country, land of the free my arse", in fairness I might have raised my voice a bit then.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
Haha, the totes is absolutely necessary there! Well, everything I've complained about has been relevant to the ongoing quality of my life...
Indeed

Please, Doritos tasting like tangy cheese rather than cool, yes that's an infringement on your human rights
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I must admit that it's dangerous to do it to oneself when in the US, I almost got arrested at LAX due to my complaints about the TSA which I thought were just mumblings to myself but a TSA agent overheard when I said "****ing country, land of the free my arse", in fairness I might have raised my voice a bit then.
I would expect nothing less of you :rofl:

Indeed

Please, Doritos tasting like tangy cheese rather than cool, yes that's an infringement on your human rights
Exactly... and the outrage I would get if I sold bad tasting doritos in this bar...
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nice to see Cameron trying to destroy labours union funding

Posted from TSR Mobile
adam9317
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would like to express my concern, echoing that of real life UKIP's at the conservatives half hearted attempt at drawing up a referendum question for the EU.

'REMAIN A MEMBER' should not be the question- it should be 'Be a member' or 'leave'
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)

True enough.

Exactly... and the outrage I would get if I sold bad tasting doritos in this bar...
Don't know what you're talking about - tangy cheese is the superior flavour of doritos.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
True enough.

Don't know what you're talking about - tangy cheese is the superior flavour of doritos.
Haha, maybe, but it's more the point, if I'd wanted tangy cheese, I would've bought tangy cheese...
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago

In fairness, the TSA need to STFU! If the US is attacked again, it isn't hard to see why.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone seen Nigel Farage MEP around - I haven't seen him for absolutely ages!?
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, maybe, but it's more the point, if I'd wanted tangy cheese, I would've bought tangy cheese...
If someone bought John Smiths and got a pint of Abbott they should be happy they got an upgraded product. Likewise the Tangy Cheese vs Cool issue
St. Brynjar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Help. I'm in the library and u'm drunk.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by St. Brynjar)
Help. I'm in the library and u'm drunk.
I'm at work and drunk... Thursday is the drinking day in the office haha.
St. Brynjar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
M exams start in 6 days. this is baaaad.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finished mind today.
Don't feel as drunk as I should

Posted from TSR Mobile
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Swap? Today was pizza at work day.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
Swap? Today was pizza at work day.
Sure just been made redundant (I think), so ****ing casually as well
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads