Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    They will come back with some pathetic offers or another loan offer. Italy clubs just take the ****.
    I'm not so sure. I think getting Milan to be a powerhouse is one of the biggest tasks in football right now, and Balotelli certainly won't help them. They'd be better off carting him back to us, and then he can go to China or something to be honest. His stock has fallen considerably in Italy this season, by all accounts.

ReputationRep:
    So the Bayern CEO had this to say:

"I had talks with him (Mario) and (Carlo) Ancelotti. Mario knows the thoughts of Bayern," Rummenigge told Kicker magazine. "Everything was clearly and seriously explained to Mario."He knows what the club thinks and what the new coach thinks. Mario has to evaluate for himself whether he wants to play constantly."
    Looks like Bayern really want Gotze to leave...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)

Wow, that is so awkward...

Inb4 he signs for Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    Gotze will just do a Borini and not leave and run down his contract, I've already accepted he is not coming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Gotze will just do a Borini and not leave and run down his contract, I've already accepted he is not coming.
    Same

If we get him it's a huge boost but realistically we need to accept it's unlikely.

I understand he's top quality but is he really that "essential" anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

This is going to be one long summer! I kind of wish Klopp will come out and say our interest in Gotze is over because the paper talk is doing my head in.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be one long summer! I kind of wish Klopp will come out and say our interest in Gotze is over because the paper talk is doing my head in.
    Dbi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I did say it's not over yet

(Original post by Lúcio)

Just funny that it's being played out publicly.

(Original post by samir12)
    Borini didn't run down his contract? He just wasted a year of his career and rather than being sold for £14mil, was sold for £8mil the following summer.

The problem for Gotze is that while he could move as a free agent next summer, he'd basically have to sacrifice a year of his career to achieve it. Bayern don't need him (or want him it seems) so if he refuses to move, they could easily stick him with the reserves/youth players away from the main squad and just not play him at all. At Gotze's age, is that what he would want?

I think we'll see Gotze move by early August tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    People shouldn't underestimate the power of loyalty bonuses. It's no surprise Gotze is saying he wants to stay, to be honest. I expect Benteke will do the same with us.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Sakho's been sacked by the club.

Good to know they are dealing with druggies properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    People shouldn't underestimate the power of loyalty bonuses. It's no surprise Gotze is saying he wants to stay, to be honest. I expect Benteke will do the same with us.
    Gotze? Loyalty? Is that why he left Dortmund? :lol:

Benteke has to leave.

ReputationRep:
    Yea true although I'm sure Bayern could use part of the pile of money we (or any other buyer) give them to pay Gotze off..

(Original post by Dirtybit)

Link? I can't see why we would make a decision to sack before UEFA have made their decision (reported to get it next week).

ReputationRep:

Source?

ReputationRep:
    Just a rumour from twitter as far as I'm aware. UEFA are yet to deliver their verdict so it doesn't make sense for the club to sack him now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Yea true although I'm sure Bayern could use part of the pile of money we (or any other buyer) give them to pay Gotze off..

Link? I can't see why we would make a decision to sack before UEFA have made their decision (reported to get it next week).
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Source?
    Just twitter guys who are meant to have "inside sources"
    Either the information leaked out or they are wrong I guess

ReputationRep:
    Most likely the latter.

If it ain't on Sky Sports, it's ********.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's ********, why would the club sack Sakho for taking a fat burner, it's not like he was on a Russian drug programme. A lengthy ban from the UEFA would be enough punishment for him. Toure was charged with the same infringement, City didn't sack him and it didn't stop Liverpool from signing him afterwards either. Not to mention UEFA haven't even completed their hearing, makes no sense to sack him now without knowing how long his ban is.

ReputationRep:
    Ah in which case I'm a little skeptical. I can only really see Sakho being sacked if he got a 2 year ban (or maybe anything longer than a year?) Otherwise you're just sacking off an asset who will have sale value once the ban is finished.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I think most just assume because it was a fat burner and K.Toure got 6 months, that Sakho will too but it could be a lot worse tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Raphaël Guerreiro. Just hope he's a left back who can actually defend. Don't know anything about him - apart from the fact I **** myself when I saw we were linked with him, because I misread his club as Leyton Orient.

ReputationRep:
    Raphaël Guerreiro. Just hope he's a left back who can actually defend. Don't know anything about him - apart from the fact I **** myself when I saw we were linked with him, because I misread his club as Leyton Orient.
    That's funny because I did EXACTLY the same

I trust Klopp with signings - we're focusing on exactly what we need the post and that's a positive.
    GK and LB are our top priorities and it looks like we're trying to sort it as quickly as we can.

Perhaps Klopp wishes to sign players ASAP so we have much more preparation for his first full season. Would look to be shrewd buys too.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.