Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
In a nutshell...

• Mum is really ill
  • Uncle is in hospital critically ill
  • I'm in loads of debt
  • I'm worried about council tax and housing benefit and stuff that I should have dealt with months ago....will probs end up in prison
  • Upset over Gav even though he's being amazing
  • Home is really really tough with my brother
  • I went to Canterbury, the guy I liked there got with me in my car, then I came home and found out he has a girlfriend....now I feel really really really guilty
  • Can't do this Marketing course as just no motivation even though I want to do it
  • Can't afford bills or petrol and I might only be working 1 day a week as they're splitting hours evenly which is **** as I need the money
:eek: that is a fair list there...

can you rely on Gav? is he still abroad? can you not talk to him about things?
i wouldn't worry about the canterbury thing - it was a one-off, and since you're not there anymore i doubt there will be any bad consequences. is that where you were at uni, right?

sorry to hear all that. i really am. my situation's not half as bad. feel guilty now for feeling the way i do. :hugs:
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eugh, I hate this. I hate all of it. One of my best friends got herself a boyfriend (who is, BTW, a pompous ass) and has no time to hang with me anymore. I only asked her a few times to come out for a few sociable drinks. It's not like she couldn't bring the **** along.

And no one else wants to go out, for one half-assed reason or another. All I wanted to do was get out of the ******* house. Is that too much to ask? I was even hoping to perform at the open mic night tonight at the pub, but that's outta the picture now. How am I supposed to meet anyone if I can't even get out? Then again, I'd probably just meet a girl and like her, only for her to decide some ******** is a better choice, like usual.

And I'm lacking on decent food because we haven't had a fridge in the house for over a week. We were going to be having one delivered tomorrow, but one of my housemates is at work, I have appointments (including one with my GP which has been booked for 3 weeks), and the other two guys are just ******* USELESS!!! Would it kill them to do something for once?

I don't know whether to flip out or crawl under a rock and die.
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sadness seems to be taking over my lifeat the moment. I hate feeling like this.
blackfish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
God why do all my friends insist on doing weed around me. I hate the smell, slightly ashmatic and makes me feel ill!!!

Grrr I hate my life!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
:eek: that is a fair list there...

can you rely on Gav? is he still abroad? can you not talk to him about things?
i wouldn't worry about the canterbury thing - it was a one-off, and since you're not there anymore i doubt there will be any bad consequences. is that where you were at uni, right?

sorry to hear all that. i really am. my situation's not half as bad. feel guilty now for feeling the way i do. :hugs:
I didn't think I could rely on him, no. Infact, I hadn't even told him any of the stuff going on. But I rang him on Friday and ended up pouring my heart out to him and he was absolutely fantastic and offered to pay for me to go out there for 2 weeks. Shame that I can't as I have to look after Mum and work and stuff.

Yeah, that is where I was at uni. I just feel so bad because I liked him and we did get pretty intimate (not THAT far, but yeah) and then he has a gf. I feel used and upset.

And no, don't feel guilty! That will make me feel worse. You're not allowed to feel bad for me! x
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't think I could rely on him, no. Infact, I hadn't even told him any of the stuff going on. But I rang him on Friday and ended up pouring my heart out to him and he was absolutely fantastic and offered to pay for me to go out there for 2 weeks. Shame that I can't as I have to look after Mum and work and stuff.

Yeah, that is where I was at uni. I just feel so bad because I liked him and we did get pretty intimate (not THAT far, but yeah) and then he has a gf. I feel used and upset.

And no, don't feel guilty! That will make me feel worse. You're not allowed to feel bad for me! x
oi less o' that! don't feel bad for me!

ugh, at least you got somewhere with that guy! All I can manage with the one I'm after is an internet convo, although that did last about 3 hours... Goddamnit, I want her so much, it's tearing me apart. And here I am being the only single person in a house of 20, I get laughed at so much for it as it is. I know nothing will never happen between us though, since she's said it point-blank herself. I feel awful for it. I really can safely say she's literally the most attractive person i've ever come across ever, in every way.

Still worried about easter. I've apparently blagged some accommodation and some crappy work, but i'm worried about it. no idea who i'll end up living with. and i'm still to be told where it actually is that i;ll be living in less than a week's time. i'll still no doubt make a loss over the whole of easter, with this massive field trip to pay for plus accommodation. i'll just be losing money slightly more slowly than i would be normally.

My old subwarden from the first year has apparently just been listed as missing - she went home for mother's day and never arrived - pretty darn worried. i got on with her quite well. Won't answer her phone, no one i know knows any more than i do. Really not good.

Yep, I'm drunk.

loveyou all!
looosey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
i could never do that. most of them wouldn't know how to react, or even see it as attention seeking.

cried walking home from uni today. just aching for a hug and some company, really.
I really didn't think I could either, but I had a big crisis a couple of weeks ago and really didn't have any choice but to tell them. It was either that or go to hospital. That sounds incredibly melodramatic. I don't know why it affects me in this way; it seems like other people are able to, or even prefer to, deal with the way they feel on their own, but I can't. I grab onto other people to the point that they can't cope with me.

Anyway, I just told one friend, and she passed it onto the others. I told her very little. Is there even one friend whom you could tell? As for those who might think it attention-seeking, I think perhaps if you know someone won't be supportive, it's better not to tell them as it will only make you feel worse to have someone judging you. Then again, if they can't accept it, they're not worth having as friends.

I'm so sorry you felt so lonely today :hug:

I'm going nuts. I cannot stop thinking about how bad I feel, how bad I've felt in the past, how this has affected my life. I can't take any more. I'm seeing a uni counsellor tomorrow, so that's some relief.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In a nutshell...

• Mum is really ill
  • Uncle is in hospital critically ill
  • I'm in loads of debt
  • I'm worried about council tax and housing benefit and stuff that I should have dealt with months ago....will probs end up in prison
  • Upset over Gav even though he's being amazing
  • Home is really really tough with my brother
  • I went to Canterbury, the guy I liked there got with me in my car, then I came home and found out he has a girlfriend....now I feel really really really guilty
  • Can't do this Marketing course as just no motivation even though I want to do it
  • Can't afford bills or petrol and I might only be working 1 day a week as they're splitting hours evenly which is **** as I need the money
Lets look at this list...
Unfortunatly, I can only offer a hug for the first two items :hugs:
Are we talking student debt here, or credit card etc. debt? Student debt you don't need to worry about atm. Credit/other debt can be sorted out (check out moneysavingexpert.com)
I honestly think that your local council has better things to do than bang up a young lady for council tax evasion
I can only really offer a hug for the Gav stuff :hugs:
Siblings suck, end of! My sister's home for three days and she's driving me up the wall already. Unfortunatly they're just one of lifes little obstacles.
I'm not sure what to say about the next one, since I've never really been there.
You can do this course, look back at your old posts on this thread - You're so enthusiastic! Have you spoken to your course leader about it?
Are you on any benefits? If you work less than 16 hours a week and are actively seeking you can get JSA.
:hugs:

Has anyone heard from Death.Drop?

I haven't had a chance to read the other posts, sorry, so I'll just offer up :hugs: for who ever wants them!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Lets look at this list...
Unfortunatly, I can only offer a hug for the first two items :hugs:
Are we talking student debt here, or credit card etc. debt? Student debt you don't need to worry about atm. Credit/other debt can be sorted out (check out moneysavingexpert.com)
I honestly think that your local council has better things to do than bang up a young lady for council tax evasion
I can only really offer a hug for the Gav stuff :hugs:
Siblings suck, end of! My sister's home for three days and she's driving me up the wall already. Unfortunatly they're just one of lifes little obstacles.
I'm not sure what to say about the next one, since I've never really been there.
You can do this course, look back at your old posts on this thread - You're so enthusiastic! Have you spoken to your course leader about it?
Are you on any benefits? If you work less than 16 hours a week and are actively seeking you can get JSA.

Has anyone heard from Death.Drop?

I haven't had a chance to read the other posts, sorry, so I'll just offer up :hugs: for who ever wants them!
Thanks for all the hugs hun :hugs:
Yep, some of it is student debt, but more seriously, I'm way too deep into my overdraft. Can bail myself out a tiny bit when I get my college fee refund but other than that, I just have to work my socks off to get as much as possible each month. Fingers crossed I can afford bills and everything.

I'm on JSA now. Coming off it today though as I've not got employment. Pretty scared about telling them that aswell incase they mess up my claim and want me to pay them back aswell. So scared about council taxness too.

It's Gav's birthday today and I'm feeling awkward. I know he'll get loads of female admirers talking to him who don't usually talk to him and I'll get jealous. Meh, never mind. I'll live.

I went to the gym last night and went swimming and in the steam room. This random guy started talking to me in the steam room and then in the pool and then when I went back into the steam room, he followed me in and asked if I wanted sex :eek: Thankfully, one of the fitness instructors walked in and I said 'oh, Claire, can I have a word?' and quickly left! haha! She's only 3 years older than me and we get on quite well so I told her what had happened and she said she'd report him to management.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:bawling: I'm so on edge today. This is absolute hell. I don't know what to do anymore. I thought I was getting somewhere but then all this **** just falls on me from a great height and puts me two steps behind
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:bawling: I'm so on edge today. This is absolute hell. I don't know what to do anymore. I thought I was getting somewhere but then all this **** just falls on me from a great height and puts me two steps behind
Dadeling
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't get it, nothing bad has happened today and I had a great night last night but I just feel like ****. I lack all motivation to do any uni work, my room is a tip and needs tidying and cleaning and I have an interview later and I really don't want to go anymore but I will, can't turn down £600. I'm over drawn and broke, just can't wait for the holidays and burying myself in uni work and being alone. I just want to curl up and sleep for ever. :[
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hope everyone's ok today.

dadeling, that's the nature of depression. nothing bad has to happen to make you feel like you do. I find that when nothing bad's happened and I get low I actually feel worse, because there's this feeling that it's unjustified. how do you think the interview went?

pink sapphires, try not to get too worried about council tax, I think you can get council tax rebate if you're on a low income. if they've paid you too much JSA and you have to give them money back then it's not that bad. they'll sort out a way for you to pay it back gradually and interest free.

I counted the cuts on my arm yesterday and I was actually pretty pleased. there's 34 which is a lot less than I used to do in a session and it helped me calm down as much.
I'm pretty tired after work today and feeling a bit low, going to try and get some sleep when webber gets here.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I realised today how much of a boring my life is...! I need to live things up abit, just no confidence to do it. I'm annoyed with my friends because they've recently got back into weed. I have no intentions of touching the stuff thank you very much! :mad:

I'm tempted to go on holiday, would be really nice to go somewhere different, have a change of scenary. I don't really want to go on my own though.

I haven't had a bad day today, but then it hasn't been a brilliant day either. I had one of my favourite hosts on the train on the way home which was good as we had a bit of a catch up

I'm in a wetherspoon at the moment, oh the delights of free WiFi :rolleyes: Time to order another Tea
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
I realised today how much of a boring my life is...! I need to live things up abit, just no confidence to do it. I'm annoyed with my friends because they've recently got back into weed. I have no intentions of touching the stuff thank you very much! :mad:

I'm tempted to go on holiday, would be really nice to go somewhere different, have a change of scenary. I don't really want to go on my own though.

I haven't had a bad day today, but then it hasn't been a brilliant day either. I had one of my favourite hosts on the train on the way home which was good as we had a bit of a catch up

I'm in a wetherspoon at the moment, oh the delights of free WiFi :rolleyes: Time to order another Tea
just wanted to say sorry i forgot to pm you yesterday, I fell asleep during the film then had to go out and it totally slipped my mind.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
On a positive note something rather amusing happened to me.

I ordered another cup of tea which was prepared for me, Took him back to my table, Lifted the saucer of the top. The barman hadn't put water in the cup. I took it back to him whilst all his colleagues were around and showed him the error of his ways... :rolleyes: A rather embarrassed barmen quickly rectified the problem
Dadeling
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The interview went well but I was so nervous, I was happy that my friend was just outside so it was fine. I feel a bit better now but i'm soooo tired.
raindance
Report 10 years ago
hi, i'm new here.
just feeling really depressed. life is such a routine, if u do anything different you're asking for trouble

sorry i know that doesn't make sense, its just what i think tho
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raindance)
hi, i'm new here.
just feeling really depressed. life is such a routine, if u do anything different you're asking for trouble

sorry i know that doesn't make sense, its just what i think tho
It does make sense in the way that anything new you try could end up not going well. However new things could end up going well and working out. I think it's just a risk you have to take if you want to get the best out of life. Life is full of new experiences, some go well, others don't - obviously if in your past things have tended to go wrong it's understandable if you feel negative about the future, but if you keep trying you will find that some things do work out.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm DJing tonight. Yay. Earning £150, which will all go to paying rent over easter

my favourite girl won't be able to go. and i probably won't be able to see her tomorrow either, the last day before she goes home. damn.

on the whole i'm looking forward to the easter break though. managed to blag a job and accommodation, and i know a fair bunch of people who will still be around for most of the holiday.

hope you're all ok in here :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads