Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Skipped volunteering again today Why am I such a ****ing loser wimp??? :banghead: I told my wife that I don't think I'm ready to commit to volunteering atm and although angry she seems to have accepted that so will hopefully (:crossedf: ) stop pressuring me to go. Really hate myself for wimping out and her pressuring me on top makes me feel so much worse when I inevitably don't go. Gonna tell my psychologist that we need to change tactics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth)
    It seems to work for me at the moment - trying not to panick about the missing hour, but I'm a little panicked cause I have such a busy week next week that I may only get 20 hours done which is playing on my mind a lot. I'm trying to fit in some free time as well.

Ooh that sounds interesting. Hope you really enjoy it

I hope it lasts the last stint of cheerfulness lasted 2-3 weeks which is probably the longest and I honestly thought it would last. Hopefully I get another 2 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure 20 hours is enough hun and yes free time is needed!! Or else you will just burn out!
    And thanks, So do I.
    I really hope it lasts for you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    they were menna have dr who figuers on the top, but they didnt come out of the thingy properly do they fell apart :sad:

but there still scrummy, my cakes are pretty bloody amazing if i do say so myself, even without the use of weighing scales or a recipie book :yep:
    You can make some for me when we finally meet then! :teeth:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Skipped volunteering again today Why am I such a ****ing loser wimp??? :banghead: I told my wife that I don't think I'm ready to commit to volunteering atm and although angry she seems to have accepted that so will hopefully (:crossedf: ) stop pressuring me to go. Really hate myself for wimping out and her pressuring me on top makes me feel so much worse when I inevitably don't go. Gonna tell my psychologist that we need to change tactics.
    You're not a loser at all. :nah: And if things are too hard for you to manage then it's ok to lower the difficulty level a bit of the challenges (yes, life is a computed game ) to something more achievable, just so long as you are still challenging yourself a bit. And you are still achieving things, cos you're going to hockey, interacting with people and all that kind of thing. Changing tactics with the psychologist is a good idea if you think the current approach isn't getting you anywhere. :yy:

Picked up all three meeces again today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf;44603161You're not a loser at all. [s)
    nah[/s] And if things are too hard for you to manage then it's ok to lower the difficulty level a bit of the challenges (yes, life is a computed game ) to something more achievable, just so long as you are still challenging yourself a bit. And you are still achieving things, cos you're going to hockey, interacting with people and all that kind of thing. Changing tactics with the psychologist is a good idea if you think the current approach isn't getting you anywhere. :yy:

Picked up all three meeces again today.
    Yeah...I guess you're right. We went to a hockey game which was a pretty big thing, hundreds of people and I managed that kind of ok. I do plan on going volunteering just it's a bit too much to manage right now but hopefully in a month or so maybe. I see the psychologist on monday, really hoping he isn't like "well I don't know any other tactics kthxbi" because that would suck.

Yay. I expect to be sent a video of them playing basketball soon.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out my friend can't look after my mice while I'm on holiday after all. Back to square one. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Just found out my friend can't look after my mice while I'm on holiday after all. Back to square one. :sigh:
    That sucks. Do you have anyone else you could ask? There's always that pet hotel place as a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    You can make some for me when we finally meet then! :teeth:
    MHSS cakes on order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    That sucks. Do you have anyone else you could ask? There's always that pet hotel place as a last resort.
    Have sent someone a message just now, so going to see what they say. Problem with the pet hotel place is there's no time now to go check it out and find somewhere else if it's no good.

ReputationRep:
    Have sent someone a message just now, so going to see what they say. Problem with the pet hotel place is there's no time now to go check it out and find somewhere else if it's no good.
    Hmm I see your problem. Good luck with the person hopefully they'll be able to do it.

Can't deal with all this anymore :sad:. Trying to juggle the burden of everyone else's problems in my family as well as my own is just too much.
    :console: Do you want to talk about it here? Sometimes talking things out can help.

ReputationRep:
    Can't deal with all this anymore :sad:. Trying to juggle the burden of everyone else's problems in my family as well as my own is just too much.
    #greatnessawaits

#onteamtily

but only for today

Hope you're ok.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so. And I agree it's really helpful and in fact I feel I learn it better with a bit of free time.

Ah it would be nice if it did
    Yeah I think every does.. I actually think I learnt more when I relaxed with revising then when I was trying to cram it all in non stop!
    Edit: Just seen your last post.. I'm happy to talk if you want to, and I'm 100% sure no one on here thinks you are a burden, or anywhere in fact!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can't do cramming I just end up crying and getting frustrated a lot. I have to revise ages in advance.
    Sounds like you will be well prepared then

ReputationRep:
    Eaten a stupid amount today, possibly more than i thought was humanly possible and this my friends is why poncho is a **** pafetic fatty :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponchokid)
    eaten a stupid amount today, possibly more than i thought was humanly possible and this my friends is why poncho is a **** pafetic fatty :sadnod:

posted from tsr mobile
    no no no no no ... No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Eaten a stupid amount today, possibly more than i thought was humanly possible and this my friends is why poncho is a **** pafetic fatty :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not pathetic, and I don't give a crap whether you're fat or not, so long as you're ok with it. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05autyt)
    no no no no no ... No
    Yes yes yes yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're not pathetic, and I don't give a crap whether you're fat or not, so long as you're ok with it. :hugs:
    If you knew what id eaten youd give a crap :sad: the really bad part is i still want to eat and im scared it will turn into a binge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha, well those Marmite lids are tricky things... Totally worth it though. Marmite is good. :drool: Also, Skype today/tonight?

Hmm, have you asked the uni to help with SF? They sorted out pretty much everything when I went part-time and when I intermitted in terms of updating my status with them...
    I've spoken to lots of people at uni, but they've all given me conflicting information, as have SF themselves. It's stressing me out, all this adulting is not sustainable.

Am online (and notatall desperate for distracting conversation... :emo:)

I volunteer! (if of course you send 'em down this way. nnnnot making a 10hr commute every day. this is completely feasible).

If your other friend doesn't work out, have you tried looking for 'pet sitters'? People who come round to your house so they get to stay at home but still get fed etc. There are dog/cat versions so I'm sure some little critters as well. Maybe gumtree?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all. Sorry for my absence in the past weeks.

How is everyone? Hoping you are all ok.

ReputationRep:
    It's 4pm...should be medication time. Didn't take the haldol this morning or last night so this is 24hours off of it. I'll be honest, I'm scared as ****. I'm home alone and the walls and voices are shouting so loudly, minor threat (the band) isn't shouty enough to block them out, the cat keeps running away from me (I think he's scared of me being scared) and all in all things really aren't so good. BUT on the plus side, I'm off it! Big victories. I feel like crap, my headache is killing me and all the shouting is making it a lot worse. I have some painkillers but why replace one drug with another.

No more haloperidol: I AM INVINCIBLE!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.