Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)

With injuries to our defence (when they happen) we will be ****ed. Like big time ****ed.
    united easily have the best attack, followed by city, liverpool, chelsea......................... .....................arsenal.

although in fairness, arsenal's midfield is among the best.

as somebody else mentioned, any injuries for arsenal and united would definitely mess them up, particularly in midfield/defence.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    C'mon guys it's not all doom and gloom (Trying to inject some positivity here) we could have signed nobody at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    united easily have the best attack, followed by city, liverpool, chelsea......................... .....................arsenal.
    Not really so sure tbh. I think City are pretty much level tbh. They have the benefit of certainly. Neither RVP or Rooney are in top form, and Falcao hasn't kicked a ball in the PL and is only a few games back from injury. Arsenal's forward options are bad though, basically all three are squad players. Silver lining being Sanchez, Ramsey and Walcott are all goalscorers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

although in fairness, arsenal's midfield is among the best.

as somebody else mentioned, any injuries for arsenal and united would definitely mess them up, particularly in midfield/defence.
    Chelseas > Liverpools tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    C'mon guys it's not all doom and gloom (Trying to inject some positivity here) we could have signed nobody at all!
    But we've signed Welbeck. So we basically have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Banter window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I'll be honest, the guy is as good as your typical continental up and coming strikers (e.g. your Immobiles and the like). The problem is, for our team he is probably going to be another squad player that Wenger hopes will turn out to be great. I.e. Another big gamble. We just have to accept we're not United, the higher ups are not the sort that would put £200k a week on for a star striker.
    Then again, not even Bayern imo are really in that bracket because to me they just buy the right players very effectively, pretty much the opposite to us really. They hardly break the bank, but they always seem to buy the right players at reasonable prices.
    I reckon Welbeck can work in our system as long as he gains more composure in front of goal; and if anyone can make that happen it's Wenger - Ramsey's an example of this.

Alexis Welbeck Walcott
    Ozil
    Diaby Ramsey

Deadly on the counter.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be cheered up, check out Leeds United's Twitter timeline

ReputationRep:
    Our extension expires in 5 minutes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have 240 seconds.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Looool who does these???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Chelseas > Liverpools tbh
    tbh, i was debating between liverpool and chelsea

costa = sturridge
    balo > remy
    drogba > lambert

only my opinion, so i'd say they're about even.

ReputationRep:
    Looool who does these???

Mikesanz19 most likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Not really so sure tbh. I think City are pretty much level tbh. They have the benefit of certainly. Neither RVP or Rooney are in top form, and Falcao hasn't kicked a ball in the PL and is only a few games back from injury. Arsenal's forward options are bad though, basically all three are squad players. Silver lining being Sanchez, Ramsey and Walcott are all goalscorers.
    i think on paper, united is better - rooney, RVP and falcao is almost as good as it gets.
    bit city forwards on form are near invincible.

yeah, arsenal are in trouble but for all we know, welbeck could work perfectly in their system.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    ITS DONE it's confirmed on twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/arsenal

ReputationRep:
    blast off.

ReputationRep:
    jesus christ, took your time!

love the suspense, all this tension.....to sign welbeck.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have signed Welbeck. Going to miss him so much.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats guys

ReputationRep:
    ITS DONE it's confirmed on twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/arsenal
    skn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.