Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    are there any other ones you know of?
    Bcg do something in summer for 1st years (well they did last year)
    And they're doing an M&A/private equity case study thing in Milan this Easter for non-final year students but applications have closed but may be worth looking out for next year
    Bain have open days, in summer, I think. May only be open to certain groups, I'm not sure, but had friends who did them.

Then, big 4 usually have things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    are there any other ones you know of?
    No idea, haven't looked into the consultancy firms as I'm not really that interested in them!

ReputationRep:
    Just applied to BP... do you think i'm too late to be considered as they review on a rolling basis?

ReputationRep:
    Where is the JP Morgan spring week 2015 facebook page, cant find it

ReputationRep:
    Offer from CS after 6 weeks lol. My life is the best

ReputationRep:
    Barclays rejection post-final round interview

ReputationRep:
    Just received a Barclays FO rejection. I think I might have gone wrong when at the beginning of the interview they asked me whether I would be free for the second week and I said "no, I have an offer from The Goldman Sachs".

ReputationRep:
    The same, Barclays FO Rejection Post Final-Interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    Just received a Barclays FO rejection. I think I might have gone wrong when at the beginning of the interview they asked me whether I would be free for the second week and I said "no, I have an offer from The Goldman Sachs".
    I hope you don't refer to GS as 'The Goldman Sachs' in real life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    I hope you don't refer to GS as 'The Goldman Sachs' in real life
    Haha no, I usually say Goldman or GS; I had just received my GS offer before the Barclays interview, so I was quite relaxed about the interview, but still very excited about having got GS. I regretted it as soon as I said it though.

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal not to receive anything back after sending the required docs(signed contract) to accept SW offer?

I sent mine for Barclays a few days ago and received an email yesterday saying that I havent sent them anything. I re-sent all the docs but havnt heard back anything. I rang the recruitment office but they said that they've forwarded to the other HR office in charge of it but I still havent heard back from anyone. Offer runs out tmrw and I'm semi-freaking out.

Anyone in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark27)
    Is it normal not to receive anything back after sending the required docs(signed contract) to accept SW offer?

I sent mine for Barclays a few days ago and received an email yesterday saying that I havent sent them anything. I re-sent all the docs but havnt heard back anything. I rang the recruitment office but they said that they've forwarded to the other HR office in charge of it but I still havent heard back from anyone. Offer runs out tmrw and I'm semi-freaking out.

Anyone in the same boat?
    No I received a confirmation the next days..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiiMoZz)
    No I received a confirmation the next days..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont wanna risk it and just wait today. Is there any actions I could take at the moment?

Btw, did you email via Barclays secure mail account or just your normal one? does it matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mralpha)
    Offer from CS after 6 weeks lol. My life is the best
    Congratulations

I dont wanna risk it and just wait today. Is there any actions I could take at the moment?

Btw, did you email via Barclays secure mail account or just your normal one? does it matter
    Normal email and confirmed after a week or so after I sent it

ReputationRep:

Anyone in the same boat?
    I sent my documents then a few days later I received the same automated email as you (reminding me to send docs), I emailed HR and they replied saying not to worry and that my docs had been received.

I don't want to say that your docs have been received (as I don't know that), but chances are the same thing that happened to me has happened to you. Email HR to double check though. Congrats on your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

All my applications were either rejected or (in the case of RBS) nothing happened for an age and they finally got in touch today to say that recruitment had closed and I'd applied "too late" (despite applying well before the deadline).

I suppose it's a blessing in disguise, considering how much work I have over the course of Easter.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Expert #7451)
      All my applications were either rejected or (in the case of RBS) nothing happened for an age and they finally got in touch today to say that recruitment had closed and I'd applied "too late" (despite applying well before the deadline).

I suppose it's a blessing in disguise, considering how much work I have over the course of Easter.
      Given that next years process is even harder and longer to gain a summer placement (and your uni weighting is a lot higher), I'm not so sure.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
      Given that next years process is even harder and longer to gain a summer placement (and your uni weighting is a lot higher), I'm not so sure.
      how do you know uni is more weighting for summer?

ReputationRep:
      how do you know uni is more weighting for summer?

For second years. The grade weighting towards your final degree classification is higher than your first years grade.

P.S. I see the confusion, he said that he has a lot of work this year, so given he's not doing a SW it makes his life a whole lot easier, I'm just noting the fact that next years application process is a lot harder and longer, despite having to work even harder at university for 2nd years in comparison to first.

I'm not even sure if I want to work in a bank this point. I've become increasingly cynical about multinational financial firms the more I've been exposed to them.

inb4 getting rejected for a spring week commences a process which shall turn me into a raging and embittered antiestablishment hippie. god save me

EDIT: Also in my degree it's all final year exams. So 2nd year is stressful since you need to work very hard to study and remember for finals, and it requires a lot of effort to write something eloquent enough to score you a 2:1 or above.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.