Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAH

12 hours since I opened my results and I'm still 'buzzing'.

Just thought I might as well introduce myself here, now that I'm not terrified of results failure I have no reason to avoid posting on TSR;

My name's Eddy. I've spent the last 6 years in a fairly good state school just outside of Edinburgh. I always wanted to go to Abertay University and do Computer Games Design, til I got my Higher results and my dad convinced me I might as well look at Cambridge. Applied for Computer Science at Robinson (assuming I had no chance), got an interview, ********** it up in a huge way ("2 to the power of what is 1024?" "... uh... 10?" "No" "... 8" "No" "... 16? -ish?" "...No" - and similar), got put in the winter pool and ended up with an offer from Gonville & Caius.

Since seeing Cambridge during interview/going down at Easter for a few days to look around I've absolutely fallen in love with the town/the university/the whole idea, so I properly worked for my exams for once.

Anyway, I've spent the last few weeks lurking on this thread and laughing at the threads in the 'Latest' section on the right, but basically been too terrified to post in case I got myself psyched up then missed my offer. Got my results in today, and I'm in (:woo: :woo: :woo:), so now I'm saying hi.

tl;dr : Hello world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
    AAAAAAAAAAAH

Just thought I might as well introduce myself here, now that I'm not terrified of results failure I have no reason to avoid posting on TSR;

My name's Eddy. I've spent the last 6 years in a fairly good state school just outside of Edinburgh. I always wanted to go to Abertay University and do Computer Games Design, til I got my Higher results and my dad convinced me I might as well look at Cambridge. Applied for Computer Science at Robinson (assuming I had no chance), got an interview, ********** it up in a huge way ("2 to the power of what is 1024?" "... uh... 10?" "No" "... 8" "No" "... 16? -ish?" "...No" - and similar), got put in the winter pool and ended up with an offer from Gonville & Caius.

Since seeing Cambridge during interview/going down at Easter for a few days to look around I've absolutely fallen in love with the town/the university/the whole idea, so I properly worked for my exams for once.

Anyway, I've spent the last few weeks lurking on this thread and laughing at the threads in the 'Latest' section on the right, but basically been too terrified to post in case I got myself psyched up then missed my offer. Got my results in today, and I'm in (:woo: :woo: :woo:), so now I'm saying hi.

Congratulations!

I wish A levels would give results already!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    yay for geekery.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    AAAAAAAAAAAH

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

Add us all on facebook, forge yourself a thread identity, get stuck in.

We call the chinese guy Dave. I don't need to tell you about 'whif' cause you don't need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canned Door)
    yay for geekery.
    I figure I might as well get all the geekery out of my system; at Cambridge I will be thoroughly outdone in geekily obscure puns, jokes, and references, so I ought to get plenty wear out of all my t-shirts now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melz0r)
    WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

We call the chinese guy Dave. I don't need to tell you about 'whif' cause you don't need it.
    Is there a group or something to make that easier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiex)
    holler guys and gals,

i believe i have made the conditions of my offer

grats to abstractions, and anyone else i missed

and i turn 18 at the end of september ^_^
    Hi, congratulations! What college are you going to? Or is it a secret?

(Original post by blaah blaah)
    AAAAAAAAAAAH
    :woo: Another congratulations from me! Bask in the glory of your success :p:

ReputationRep:
    Also is there anyone else (hopefully) going to Queens on here?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to you blaah blaah. This is the problem with gapping; no euphoric day to look forward to. Doesn't help that my reaction to my offer was disappointingly restrained and anti-climatic.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dogkicker91)
    Is there a group or something to make that easier?
    Yes, see the very first post in this thread.

Alternatively, I am www.facebook.com/mbee3 and I'm sure everyone else will post their facebooks too.

@everyone, post your facebooks.

ReputationRep:
    WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

I wish I had old posts so I could go through them and change all the 'whifs' to 'whens', but I don't. I guess I'll settle for sitting here and grinning instead
    (Where to start on facebook? Is there a group? I could probably google you all to hell and back but I feel thats a rude way to be introduced to people I may meet in real life... :ahee:)

EDIT: Note to self - post faster and your questions won't already be answered

ReputationRep:
    Yes, see the very first post in this thread.

Alternatively, I am www.facebook.com/mbee3 and I'm sure everyone else will post their facebooks too.

@everyone, post your facebooks.
    Hmmm my facebook doesnt like that link...

Edited out
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Aiex)
    holler guys and gals,

i believe i have made the conditions of my offer

grats to abstractions, and anyone else i missed

and i turn 18 at the end of september ^_^
    :woo: Congratulations, bienvenue chez le Thread

ReputationRep:
    The link in the first post re-directs me to facebook home

http://www.facebook.com/eddy.ashton
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Also if any of the newbies want to join the skype chat we have goin' down, my skype name is

Spoiler:
    Show
    melzorzorzor

ReputationRep:

Hello world.
    Congratulations and salutations.

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour (good day) to the lurker scots
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've facebooked Blaaah but not dogkicker. What is your Real Name?

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to hide my post count if I'm going to post in here a lot.

My fear of failure has left me looking pathetically inadequate

ReputationRep:
    I've facebooked Blaaah but not dogkicker. What is your Real Name?
    Edited out.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.