Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Actually, the higher classes control everything, wealth, the amount of tax collected, education, public sector, top private sector.

No good in complaining. Better to get your head down and try and break into it. You're complaining about universities and A-levels.

You're gonna have a rude awakening when you come to find a job if you're trying to enter traditional upper middle professions.
    If the higher classes controlled the amount of tax collected, do you really think we'd have a 45% income tax rate for higher earners?

It's all a conspiracy man! The higher classes control everything, it's a new world order. *puts on tinfoil hat*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Actually, the higher classes control everything, wealth, the amount of tax collected, education, public sector, top private sector.

No good in complaining. Better to get your head down and try and break into it. You're complaining about universities and A-levels.

You're gonna have a rude awakening when you come to find a job if you're trying to enter traditional upper middle professions.
    It's possible to get into traditionally upper class professions, you just might have to try harder if you're from a normal background. Wealthy parents might offer their children valued internships and experience, normal people just have to be pro-active in finding them.

ReputationRep:
    If you miss you're offer and you want to talk to them about extenuating circumstances who do you call ? The department ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivaviolin77)
    what time is everyone going in to collect their results??
    7am

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!!!! Hope we all get amazing results think positive x

ReputationRep:
    AQA, OCR, WJEC, Edexcel . . . this one's for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    It depends on the time-zone. Kenya might not be far enough East of the UK to require an international paper. And if the grade boundaries are lower, it's because the paper is harder.
    Thanks. Oops! That was a typo, I meant that they are so high. Kenya is only 2 hours ahead of the UK and as for the mark schemes it seems I did the same paper. An A for c3 is 50 whilst an A is 61!

ReputationRep:
    This thread best not reach 10000 before the end of this day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    Thanks. Oops! That was a typo, I meant that they are so high. Kenya is only 2 hours ahead of the UK and as for the mark schemes it seems I did the same paper. An A for c3 is 50 whilst an A is 61!
    Well the UK paper for C3 this year was unusually hard.

ReputationRep:
    Feel terrible!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flowerii)
    AQA, OCR, WJEC, Edexcel . . . this one's for you.
    Add CCEA to the list, and it's spot on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Well the UK paper for C3 this year was unusually hard.
    Harder*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibrahim541)
    If you miss you're offer and you want to talk to them about extenuating circumstances who do you call ? The department ?
    To be honest, you should have contacted your universities a little while ago before results so that they could have properly reviewed your application. I had a problem and my firm is taking it into consideration, but my insurance isn't.

I contacted admissions from each university and they referred me to the right place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    No, an A grade at AS level is 80 UMS out of 100, same as at A2. The only difference is that 90/100 UMS at A2 gives an A*, whereas if you got 90/100 at AS it would only be shown as an A (albeit a high one).

Your performances at AS won't help to get an A* in A2, as you need an average of 90/100 at A2 level specifically.
    But for like geography 75 out of 120 raw marks is an A

ReputationRep:
    gonna distract myself from waiting bc I'm too nervous now... going to see kick ass 2 with my sister and she's paying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    Look at one grade each hour
    hahha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Expecting the worst for F582

Expecting better for History

hmm I'm not sure whether to be happy or not, as I'm taking econ to A2
    You'll be alright, I thought I'd screwed up macro, ended up with really high ums!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuku2013)
    yeah firm for computer science what about u what course
    hy. im applying to computer science (BEng/MEng) through clearing... can u help me on these questions..
    1) why do you want to study computer science?
    2) why do you want to study computer science at our university?

Thx ... by the way what grades do u need to achieve to get into computer science??

ReputationRep:
    if worse does come, isn't it a waste of time to come in to collect your results? when you could be at home making calls

you can find out whether you got in to uni way before the time most schools/colleges open their doors (10:00am seems to be the consensus) just by logging into track

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from my Firm :eek:
    I saw the email address, then I saw the subject; "Good luck tomorrow from Southampton!"
    Gah, Got my hopes up there!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.