The Arsenal Thread XIX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Cazorla and Fabregas are very very different players
    The main difference being Fabregas is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Yeah, one actually turns up while the other one is anonymous majority of the time.

Still think Fabregas is not good enough to base a whole system round if you're trying to challenge for trophies though. Can see why Barca didn't make him the main man in midfield. Hopefully he's not a fish outta water but I see him getting on with Mourinho if Chelsea do well. But since I don't see us winning the title looks like Fab will be complaining in private to his Madrid compatriots about his bad loan stint next season.

What do you think his FIFA rating will be. I reckon it would have gone down if he went to Arsenal, reckon it'll be around 84 and Costa at 85 but if he went to Arsenal would be at 83.
    Last time Fabregas had a genuinely great season was 2009/10 in fairness...

..sometimes players just peak early. Arsene knows that too

Santi Cazorla is what he is, a squad player who is 100% reliable to do the business vs Spurs/WHU/Newcastle etc but will not provide anywhere near enough vs a big side.

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
    The main difference being Fabregas is better
    Manutd15 with that quality insight and discussion as per usual

Handy that we have Mesut Ozil really, who Mourinho himself considers the best 10 in Europe

ReputationRep:

Santi Cazorla is what he is, a squad player who is 100% reliable to do the business vs Spurs/WHU/Newcastle etc but will not provide anywhere near enough vs a big side.

Zurich with those completely non-biased views as per usual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Zurich with those completely non-biased views as per usual
    Didnt even provide a view, just pointed out that Cazorla and Fabregas are very different players. Which begs the question, wtf are you on about?

ReputationRep:

Tbf Fab does have a good goalscoring record at Barca and he usually has a great half season. Reckon he suffers from burnout so that's why we need to use the youth buy another midfielder as a squad player at Chelsea.

AKB man, he probably has peaked, reckon he'll get more love at Chelsea if he starts scoring goals.

Cazorla is reliable to do the business against the likes of Spurs and Hull true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    For sure but all this hype about them being invincible next season just doesn't seem right. I've got a feeling Costa will have a rough season and although he's quality atm I still think Suarez and Aguero are better. We don't actually know how Cesc is going to perform yet and if he's being sold by Barca I doubt he's the world beater we make him out to be. Doesn't seem like a mourinho type player but time will tell.

Right now I'm more worried about Van Gaal pulling off another shock with UTD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is a mourinho type player?

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas made Adebayor look like he was genuinely world class. I can never forget that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didnt even provide a view, just pointed out that Cazorla and Fabregas are very different players. Which begs the question, wtf are you on about?
    You downplaying Fabregas just because he's gone to Chelsea

ReputationRep:

Handy that we have Mesut Ozil really, who Mourinho himself considers the best 10 in Europe

Did you not call him the prodigal son and were wishing him back? Backtracking no?

ReputationRep:

Meh, Ozil would have still been on the bench if we currently had him like Mata was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Did you not call him the prodigal son and were wishing him back? Backtracking no?
    Didnt want him back now that Ozil is here, said that all last week on here too. Would have bitten Bara's hand off 12 months ago however.

Not saying he's not a quality player, but it's fair to say his last season at Arsenal was injury plagued and not up to his previous standard while his last 3 years have been an unqualified failure.

ReputationRep:
    Always dubious about signing Brazilian players. The only sides that seem to get the proper players are from Portugal/Spain/Russia/Ukraine.

We just end up with Denilson

What an absolutely shocking player Denilson was btw
    If Cleverly had a brazilian passport...

ReputationRep:
    Tbf Fab does have a good goalscoring record at Barca and he usually has a great half season. Reckon he suffers from burnout so that's why we need to use the youth buy another midfielder as a squad player at Chelsea.

AKB man, he probably has peaked, reckon he'll get more love at Chelsea if he starts scoring goals.

Cazorla is reliable to do the business against the likes of Spurs and Hull true.
    Alot of people would say that Fabregas is the kind of player who needs the team to be focused on him, some would even argue that he makes those around him worse rather than better.

Wonder if Mourinho will give him the status in the team that Wenger did, and Barca didnt...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, one actually turns up while the other one is anonymous majority of the time.

Still think Fabregas is not good enough to base a whole system round if you're trying to challenge for trophies though. Can see why Barca didn't make him the main man in midfield. Hopefully he's not a fish outta water but I see him getting on with Mourinho if Chelsea do well. But since I don't see us winning the title looks like Fab will be complaining in private to his Madrid compatriots about his bad loan stint next season.

What do you think his FIFA rating will be. I reckon it would have gone down if he went to Arsenal, reckon it'll be around 84 and Costa at 85 but if he went to Arsenal would be at 83.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people would say that Fabregas is the kind of player who needs the team to be focused on him, some would even argue that he makes those around him worse rather than better.

Wonder if Mourinho will give him the status in the team that Wenger did, and Barca didnt...
    I reckon he'll give him that status. Mourinho did that with Sneijder e.g.

Mourinho gives Hazard that status. Fabregas to me has never been good enough to be the fulcrum of the team for a side challenging for top trophies but he's a good semi cog.

am i that obvious.

ReputationRep:

Mourinho gives Hazard that status. Fabregas to me has never been good enough to be the fulcrum of the team for a side challenging for top trophies but he's a good semi cog.
    ****ing hell mate, really trying to throw in as many subtle digs as you can atm! :rolleyes:

Will laugh so much if Fabregas doesnt work out or ends up on the bench :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell mate, really trying to throw in as many subtle digs as you can atm! :rolleyes:

Jam is a **** so personally hope that happens!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

am i that obvious.
    The way you blasting Fab like he's any player wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is this vitriol aimed towards me?

Hopefully we can get Tiago on a free, he was a pretty good player for us and can pass the ball very well. Least we can rotate between him and fabregas.

But anyway this is the Arsenal thread. Why the hell is your team so boring when it comes to the transfer window?

I'm not even trying to par here. Like at least with United last year you could laugh at their transfers and their incompetence and you know that one of City or Chelsea are just going to overpay for somebody or make a big signing but you guys are just boring.

ReputationRep:

But anyway this is the Arsenal thread. Why the hell is your team so boring when it comes to the transfer window?

I'm not even trying to par here. Like at least with United last year you could laugh at their transfers and their incompetence and you know that one of City or Chelsea are just going to overpay for somebody or make a big signing but you guys are just boring.
    Wenger actively hates signing ready made players, doesnt do it for him. Also not a risk taker so will agonise over the valuation of a player for weeks and weeks. Higuain/Suarez prime examples.

2006-2012 that strategy was perfectly aligned with the fact we were boracic lint but now it's just a hindrance to progress

The next manager is on course for a feeding frenzy by the looks of it, £150m potentially ready to roll on day 1 of the job. :laugh:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.