Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Hi

In 2012 I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. My new psychiatrist has summed up my condition as aspergers, social phobia, depression and psychotic symptoms.

Strange thing is when I had my schizophrenia diagnosis I was told in 2012 that I was medically fit to go to uni, but now I'm considered medically unfit for uni.

I don't mean to be offensive but I thought schizophrenia was a more serious diagnosis than my new ones. I guess it depends on the severity of the conditions.
    Basically what Scary said.
    It depends on your symptoms, you could stick with the same diagnosis but be ok to study one year, and not be ok or safe to study the next.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    what happened?
    There was a massive argument in the flat and this girl was having a massive panic attack that I had to deal with and then it brought so much **** up that I full on cried in front of everyone and embarrassed myself

ReputationRep:
    ugh just saw a thread about someone's 'irritatingly stupid' friend with Dyslexia and reminded of why I hate so many poncey students/TSRians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    ugh just saw a thread about someone's 'irritatingly stupid' friend with Dyslexia and reminded of why I hate so many poncey students/TSRians
    Pardon? How are you today Riku?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Pardon? How are you today Riku?
    I'm OK but the culture of elitism on here gets to me bud :/ you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    What you hate the people who act all superior, I would to lol. I'm ok thanks, my mental frame of mind is ok even if my parents/work managers try & drag it down. Got work in a short while but what's a bit of stress gonna do. It's all part of a much bigger plan :cool: You got any plans yourself today? You go out much with friends or anything?

ReputationRep:
    What you hate the people who act all superior, I would to lol. I'm ok thanks, my mental frame of mind is ok even if my parents/work managers try & drag it down. Got work in a short while but what's a bit of stress gonna do. It's all part of a much bigger plan :cool: You got any plans yourself today? You go out much with friends or anything?
    Don't let them drag you down dude :hugs:

No, nothing today I'm afraid to say

Ah, so you work weekends right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Don't let them drag you down dude :hugs:

No, nothing today I'm afraid to say

Ah, so you work weekends right?
    Thank you Well I get texted when I have to go to work, it;s part-time in the evenings, usually weekends yeah. I don't like the way they treat me sometimes, like giving instructions & criticisms in an unpleasant manner (e.g. shouting & saying do this do this with no please/thank you's/encouragement) then they're like everyone can do this but you. I don't care about other staff members I'm my own separate person. Sigh, anyway I try my best, I'd never ever fault myself for that, yes I'm not perfect & got things to learn but with the right people around me & positive thinking I'll get there in the end, as well as you & everyone else on this thread!!! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Well I get texted when I have to go to work, it;s part-time in the evenings, usually weekends yeah. I don't like the way they treat me sometimes, like giving instructions & criticisms in an unpleasant manner (e.g. shouting & saying do this do this with no please/thank you's/encouragement) then they're like everyone can do this but you. I don't care about other staff members I'm my own separate person. Sigh, anyway I try my best, I'd never ever fault myself for that, yes I'm not perfect & got things to learn but with the right people around me & positive thinking I'll get there in the end, as well as you & everyone else on this thread!!! :hugs:
    Yeah I can relate, actually part of the reason I'm on sick leave is because (I think) my boss discriminated against my conditions under the radar, so I can't get enough hours to make a living from it… > >

We're behind you every step of the way man, I have faith in you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Yeah I can relate, actually part of the reason I'm on sick leave is because (I think) my boss discriminated against my conditions under the radar, so I can't get enough hours to make a living from it… > >

We're behind you every step of the way man, I have faith in you!
    Thank you, although I don't think my mental state is that bad barring work, what did you do may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, although I don't think my mental state is that bad barring work, what did you do may I ask?
    English/History husssh don't share many personal details with people

ReputationRep:
    Do I seem like I have Asperger's? A friend on another forum doesn't think I seem autistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Do I seem like I have Asperger's? A friend on another forum doesn't think I seem autistic.
    Tbh someone on the internet cant tell you, as noone here knows the real you. Having an aspbergers diagnosis doesnt mean bad things, you can get help and support

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really cant contain myself. **** this **** everything
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    If I recall correctly, you've been on the mirtazapine for quite a while? Mirtazapine is odd in that it can be less sedating at higher doses so it might be worth increasing your dose to try and get rid of the zombieness, although if you're already on 45mg you can't really do that. The other option might be to try something different or if you don't think you need it you could always try coming off slowly and seeing how you feel?
    A year and a half now. I'm on 30mg so it shouldn't be as sedating as it feels as thought it is? I took it last night and slept for 11 hours. It's absolutely ridiculous -.- I have a reading week in 3 weeks time. If I'm to try and slowly come off them; the week off would probably be a good idea, if you're saying you felt nauseous?

(Original post by Riku)
    Could you not request a ban from certain sub-forums on TSR if this is such a problem?

ReputationRep:
    Why does everything I try to do good it just fails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    A year and a half now. I'm on 30mg so it shouldn't be as sedating as it feels as thought it is? I took it last night and slept for 11 hours. It's absolutely ridiculous -.- I have a reading week in 3 weeks time. If I'm to try and slowly come off them; the week off would probably be a good idea, if you're saying you felt nauseous?

Could you not request a ban from certain sub-forums on TSR if this is such a problem?
    having knowledge with-held from me hurts probably more than pain.

ReputationRep:
    Made a nice list of stuff I have to do tomorrow, determined to be productive

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Riku)
    having knowledge with-held from me hurts probably more than pain.
    Right. So even banning yourself from TSR wouldn't work? Doesn't sound like this website is good for you at all when I read your posts :/

(Original post by guitaristemily)
    Why does everything I try to do good it just fails.
    Perseverance. If you keep trying to do the right things; eventually they will turn good. It's only just starting to click for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Right. So even banning yourself from TSR wouldn't work? Doesn't sound like this website is good for you at all when I read your posts :/

Perseverance. If you keep trying to do the right things; eventually they will turn good. It's only just starting to click for me.
    erm not allowed to discuss that…why do you think it's not good for me?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.