Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Probably more media bull****, but apparently we're in for Lacazette for £8m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Not always. What about Pogba

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I made a mistake, paying £23m for Berahino is just taking the piss

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Think I heard £23.5m somewhere for Berahino.
    If he wasn't English he'd be worth £5m tops.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's got a Carroll signing written all over it - Berahino
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't defame the legendary big guy, Angry Cucumber.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Don't defame the legendary big guy, Angry Cucumber.

What are you talking about? I was stating it purely in a positive light!

ReputationRep:
    Not Berahino pls
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    God I miss big Andy.

ReputationRep:
    God I miss big Andy.
    Hi can you not use the Lord's name in vain please, thanks.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Berahino would be a good player for the right price. He'll press the ball and stretch defences, think Sterling with better finishing (but more shortcomings obviously).

ReputationRep:
    No ban for Sterling? FA are beyond a joke.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Very surprising, but the officials clearly saw it, so the FA can't really get involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    The rules are that the FA can only ban a player post-match if the officials didn't see the incident. As the officials clearly saw the incident, they can't do anything. The officials are a joke, not the FA (at least in this situation).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    The rules are that the FA can only ban a player post-match if the officials didn't see the incident. As the officials clearly saw the incident, they can't do anything. The officials are a joke, not the FA (at least in this situation).
    This. Agreed on all levels.

ReputationRep:
    This. Agreed on all levels.
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    So how do people feel about where we are halfway through the season?

28 points from 19 is very poor and would only get us to 56 over a full season. On the other hand, everyone has been poor such that Man Utd are 3rd with 36 points and Southampton/Arsenal are on 33 points.

Can we make up a 5-8 point gap over the 2nd half of the season? Doesn't look great at the moment but perhaps FSG will twist in January and aim to buy 1 or 2 good players to help bridge the gap (and Sturridge may play at some point this season if we're lucky?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    Nope
    That's only if the referee could not properly assess the situation fully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)

Mourinho is a **** that talks *******s.

As you can see from these quotes from Brenda, Mourinho is far from the only one who chats b*******s

The entire process is absolutely stupid tbh. There are so many inconsistencies that it's a farce.

Remember a few years ago the Mcmanaman tackle on Haidara and the press were going mental saying he should be retrospectively banned (which he should), but couldn't have been cos Webb gave him a yellow card at the time and the FA saying they were going to look into changing the rule.

Clearly done **** all if all it takes is for the ref to look at the incident to get away with hitting another player. To be fair, it was a pathetic little slap as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ertonghen.html.

I know it's Daily Fail but still, then I see this article three stories below the Sterling one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Emre-Can.html

Sets an utterly crap example when an off the ball incident (which to the letter of the law should be a red card) is unpunished, there will be kids watching that thinking it will be ok, because a big premier league star got away with it.

Likewise Mourinho actually got a fine last year, for a sarcastic comment. I mean ffs he criticised a referee (albeit you wouldn't know if you took the context out if you read his comments), then don't do anything about his 'campaign' comments on Sunday.

Furthermore, Tim Howard had a headbutt on Azpilicueta earlier in the season, literally right under the ref's nose, and he wasn't sent off. o consistency. Pisses me off that the game is run to such retarded regulations.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    So how do people feel about where we are halfway through the season?

28 points from 19 is very poor and would only get us to 56 over a full season. On the other hand, everyone has been poor such that Man Utd are 3rd with 36 points and Southampton/Arsenal are on 33 points.

Can we make up a 5-8 point gap over the 2nd half of the season? Doesn't look great at the moment but perhaps FSG will twist in January and aim to buy 1 or 2 good players to help bridge the gap (and Sturridge may play at some point this season if we're lucky?).
    It's more, are this side capable of getting 40 points over a half season. No chance. Liverpool will get around 64 points, Spurs 66. United 69, and Arsenal 71. West Ham, Southampton will get high 50s or low 60s. Swansea/Everton low/mid 50s. Chelsea 88 pts, City 83 pts. That's my brief half season analysis anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    It's more, are this side capable of getting 40 points over a half season. No chance. Liverpool will get around 64 points, Spurs 66. United 69, and Arsenal 71. West Ham, Southampton will get high 50s or low 60s. Swansea/Everton low/mid 50s. Chelsea 88 pts, City 83 pts. That's my brief half season analysis anyway.
    57 points available. 40 points do seem like a tough ask but we're going to need at least that to overtake the others you'd imagine.

I do think we'll finish 5th though (ahead of Spurs).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by samir12)
    That's only if the referee could not properly assess the situation fully.
    Yep. No such issue with the Sterling incident.

The linesman needs to be looked at, though. Surely dropped for the next set of fixtures?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.