Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    If you get AAAA, then technically you have AAAA. If you get over 90% then it is equivalent to an A*, but you can't get an A* at AS-Level. Often people do improve at A2, and if you get BBBB at AS, you can generally get offers for courses with higher requirements, like AAB.
    OK thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    But for like geography 75 out of 120 raw marks is an A
    He was only talking about UMS marks - all grades are done on UMS marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Actually, the higher classes control everything, wealth, the amount of tax collected, education, public sector, top private sector.

No good in complaining. Better to get your head down and try and break into it. You're complaining about universities and A-levels.

You're gonna have a rude awakening when you come to find a job if you're trying to enter traditional upper middle professions.
    I'm at university, it's summer, and I have nothing better to do right now. I'm not a money-crazy person and I don't particularly want a high-powered job to support a family I don't even want to have. Life is for enjoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Well the UK paper for C3 this year was unusually hard.
    I found the paper I did unusually hard as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    You'll be alright, I thought I'd screwed up macro, ended up with really high ums!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've definitely lost 2 marks but then I could've lost a ton from the rest of the paper. With boundaries of 49/60 you can never be certain.

At least time is going relatively fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivaviolin77)
    teachers got them before us
    I am so scared it's unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    if worse does come, isn't it a waste of time to come in to collect your results? when you could be at home making calls

you can find out whether you got in to uni way before the time most schools/colleges open their doors (10:00am seems to be the consensus) just by logging into track
    You'll need to know your grades so you know which unis to apply for in clearing.

(Original post by sneha.vag)
    I found the paper I did unusually hard as well.
    I thought you said you did the same ones as the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    if worse does come, isn't it a waste of time to come in to collect your results? when you could be at home making calls

you can find out whether you got in to uni way before the time most schools/colleges open their doors (10:00am seems to be the consensus) just by logging into track
    You need to know your results to talk properly to the universities you want to be calling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgcse)
    hy. im applying to computer science (BEng/MEng) through clearing... can u help me on these questions..
    1) why do you want to study computer science?
    2) why do you want to study computer science at our university?

Thx ... by the way what grades do u need to achieve to get into computer science??
    AAB
    1) don't really know about the first I could never give a proper answer talked about how technology is the way forward in the future. 2) talk about the reputation of the university n how u believe it will help you

ReputationRep:
    not gonna look any teachers in the eye before getting results

ReputationRep:
    i sent in my OCD medical proof letter to the university, but they havent replied to confirm that they have got it?

ReputationRep:
    I was talking UMS.

ReputationRep:
    I had to retake my AS year after getting four grade Us ..had to transfer to one of the worst schools in my town. Funny thing was that my last school, which is presumed to be one of the top, said that i'd get UUUU again or highest EEEE if I retook my year with them. I'm in my A2 now and I'm predicted to get A*A*B tomorrow from the 'worst school':rolleyes:

- moral? doesn't matter how good the school is if they can't even encourage and support their students to do well. As long as you put the hard work in, you can go from a grade U to A* easily :dumbells:. This school gave me the most support than my old school ever did, glad I decided to come here otherwise I would've been at lower rank universities like my old friends and not even take a second glance at the top rank universities.

14hours left guys... Good luck to everyone :bl: :borat: :goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about AQA, the exam is out of 90 raw marks... and 120 UMS (GEOG3)...

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely bricking it for history, I started writing the "B" question in the section for the "A" question (if that makes sense) and then I panicked and started re-writing it in the B section so lost about 20 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    When i open results, whether it be online or envelope, i always scan the page up and down and look at the grades first and try and guess which subjects i got which grade in haha. Extremely nervous for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANONYM00SE)
    I'm way too petrified to check my accommodation status in case it's bad news.... On the other hand I'm too curious not to...

EDIT: Damn it UCL... logged in to the portal thing and it said "Access to details of your programme are restricted until Thursday 15 August, due to the processing of A Level results in the UK."
    They saw me coming :rolleyes:
    (Original post by pak1994)
    Did the same for Nottingham after seeing this, and they've done the same.

Oh that's a shame I wish you guys could see! I just really hope that it means what I hope it means!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sessess)
    My college doesn't let AS students in to get results until NOON. 21 hours to go...
    I can only go in at 12 45 It's so unfair we'll just be sat here for 4 hours after everyone else gets theirs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob Lawrence)
    Absolutely bricking it for history, I started writing the "B" question in the section for the "A" question (if that makes sense) and then I panicked and started re-writing it in the B section so lost about 20 minutes.
    Same here for History! You're probably not talking about CCEA, but the Irish History paper made no sense whatsoever - instead of giving the essay questions designated periods of time, they expected you to guess what they were talking about. In case they hadn't noticed, there were a lot of wars in Ireland during the early 1900s.

ReputationRep:
    What if the teachers release the results early?
    Do they get fired or something??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.