The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingdoo
But for like geography 75 out of 120 raw marks is an A

If you're talking about AQA, the exam is out of 90 raw marks... and 120 UMS (GEOG3)...
Absolutely bricking it for history, I started writing the "B" question in the section for the "A" question (if that makes sense) and then I panicked and started re-writing it in the B section so lost about 20 minutes. :frown:
When i open results, whether it be online or envelope, i always scan the page up and down and look at the grades first and try and guess which subjects i got which grade in haha. Extremely nervous for tomorrow!
Original post by ANONYM00SE
I'm way too petrified to check my accommodation status in case it's bad news.... On the other hand I'm too curious not to...

EDIT: Damn it UCL... logged in to the portal thing and it said "Access to details of your programme are restricted until Thursday 15 August, due to the processing of A Level results in the UK."
They saw me coming :rolleyes:

Original post by pak1994
Did the same for Nottingham after seeing this, and they've done the same. :angry:

Oh that's a shame :frown: I wish you guys could see! I just really hope that it means what I hope it means!
Reply 7904
Original post by sessess
My college doesn't let AS students in to get results until NOON. 21 hours to go...

I can only go in at 12 45 :frown: It's so unfair we'll just be sat here for 4 hours after everyone else gets theirs :s-smilie:
Original post by Jacob Lawrence
Absolutely bricking it for history, I started writing the "B" question in the section for the "A" question (if that makes sense) and then I panicked and started re-writing it in the B section so lost about 20 minutes. :frown:

Same here for History! You're probably not talking about CCEA, but the Irish History paper made no sense whatsoever - instead of giving the essay questions designated periods of time, they expected you to guess what they were talking about. In case they hadn't noticed, there were a lot of wars in Ireland during the early 1900s.
What if the teachers release the results early?
Do they get fired or something??
Original post by kuku2013
A*BB or A*AB

ahh thats good theyll probs accept u with a*bb :smile:
at 7:30 i am going
Reply 7909
Oh my gosh I am getting really impatient
I physically can't do anything except sit there are stress over my life
Original post by Arva
If the higher classes controlled the amount of tax collected, do you really think we'd have a 45% income tax rate for higher earners?

It's all a conspiracy man! The higher classes control everything, it's a new world order. *puts on tinfoil hat*

Lol. The richest (i.e. the ones the treasury gains the most from) don't even pay tax. They put their head office in a tax haven and keep their money there. I.e. it doesn't flow into the UK so it's not liable for taxation.
Original post by tohaaaa
What if the teachers release the results early?
Do they get fired or something??

They are hanged upon the school gates as an example.
Reply 7912
haha, reading this thread is sooo funny when you have an unconditional offer :smile:
Original post by nadster
Haha yeah a lot of ppl say they will be staying up all night but I don't think many of them if any actually will.
Yeah true say :smile: that's the best feeling..doing better than you thought you would. :smile: but realistically I'm expecting ABB/AAB right now. It's gona be hard to exceed my expectations :frown: I will probably end up doing worse tbh. What are you expecting?

yea probably haha! unless nerves keep them up :frown:
thats the same as me, expecting abb/aab, praying i get aab for my firm. whats ur firm offer?
Original post by contra
haha, reading this thread is sooo funny when you have an unconditional offer :smile:

From what uni may I ask?
Any past Geography A* stories anyone wants to share? :colone:
Original post by PythianLegume
It's possible to get into traditionally upper class professions, you just might have to try harder if you're from a normal background. Wealthy parents might offer their children valued internships and experience, normal people just have to be pro-active in finding them.

It's certainly possible, yes. You do need to just get your head down and stop worrying what others are doing.

Was just pointing out that education is just the pinicle of inequality in society, barely touches the surface. You can get A*s and first from Oxford and still not break into old school boy clubs.
Original post by contra

Whatevs
Reply 7918
Original post by Mellowhigh
From what uni may I ask?

harvard :biggrin:
Reply 7919
Original post by Short Story Long
Whatevs

don't be jealous bbe

Latest