• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Riku)
    erm not allowed to discuss that…why do you think it's not good for me?
    Just from your posts you're very troubled by certain sub-forums and certain threads that are posted on TSR? My A Levels aren't great at all for instance but I'm now on degree which will be accredited by the BPS (British Psychological Society) and it'll get me to where I want to be provided I put the work in? Elitism sucks yes but you need to focus on where you want to go in life and not try not to care about posts by users, (who you'll probably never meet), think.

ReputationRep:
    this is just completely hideous. rjnvjniurbvirevb

ReputationRep:
    Debating whether I should disclose my conditions to Beanstalk. Plan was to basically say I have Anxiety (they can ask me if they want more) and give them more detail about Dyspraxia. What to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Just from your posts you're very troubled by certain sub-forums and certain threads that are posted on TSR? My A Levels aren't great at all for instance but I'm now on degree which will be accredited by the BPS (British Psychological Society) and it'll get me to where I want to be provided I put the work in? Elitism sucks yes but you need to focus on where you want to go in life and not try not to care about posts by users, (who you'll probably never meet), think.
    It's a mixture of certain things trigger my insecurities or (lapse me into paranoia/OCD) but also simply being addicted to the Internet which won't be cut down even by banning. However I am trying to add some more productive positive alternative activities while on ESA after graduation. Can you help me decide in the post above whether to disclose my conditions to the volunteers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    this is just completely hideous. rjnvjniurbvirevb
    what's up? :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Riku)
    It's a mixture of certain things trigger my insecurities or (lapse me into paranoia/OCD) but also simply being addicted to the Internet which won't be cut down even by banning. However I am trying to add some more productive positive alternative activities while on ESA after graduation. Can you help me decide in the post above whether to disclose my conditions to the volunteers?
    Okay? So this addiction to the internet is something you need to work on/should think about working on? I'm no Psychologist but wouldn't therapy be a good start for this and a good place to work on your insecurities? Do you have Dyspraxia? Anything that involves you not being on the internet/allows you to access the internet would be a good place to start to break the cycle somewhat? It's illegal for them to discriminate against you; so I'd suggest you do?

I'm in one of those moods where I just can't be bothered to maintain anything with anyone or be anything at all. I don't want to go into uni and don't want to have all my meetings and don't want to exist. It's like I have to put on some sort of performance every day and I just want to never see anyone ever again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Okay? So this addiction to the internet is something you need to work on/should think about working on? I'm no Psychologist but wouldn't therapy be a good start for this and a good place to work on your insecurities? Do you have Dyspraxia? Anything that involves you not being on the internet/allows you to access the internet would be a good place to start to break the cycle somewhat? It's illegal for them to discriminate against you; so I'd suggest you do?
    I'm in therapy as I mention elsewhere…however I have suspected undiagnosed OCD. Maybe things will pick up once we begin a treatment centred around that, I am awaiting assessment

Yes I have quite acute Dyspraxia and fortunately a lot of help from the DST and local advocacy service for it my confusion is how much I should disclose (e.g. if I give them the leaflet from Dyspraxia Foundation they may think I'm an idiot…)

That (being illegal to discriminate) hasn't stopped my last employer from refusing to give me more than 4 hours despite requests and giving everyone else more hours…:/

ReputationRep:
    Anon 29 is me

I don't think i'm depressed I just don't feel anything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it very hard to get therapy. I'm scared that when I do seek help, the therapists won't understand or they'll be nasty... Idk. Am I the only one ?? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Zanaa)
    I'm finding it very hard to get therapy. I'm scared that when I do seek help, the therapists won't understand or they'll be nasty... Idk. Am I the only one ?? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Therapists are nice people They want to understand, It's why they are therapists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Spoiler:
    Show

:hugs:
    Always up and down but no one notices so it's my personality I guess. I spent all my loan the other week but i'm not doing anything about it because if I try to do something then it won't work but if I leave it alone then i'll get the money which is why i'm spending the last £20 on lottery tickets.

well people are avoiding me

ReputationRep:
    It's so hard to try and make people who are not mentally ill to understand you if you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Always up and down but no one notices so it's my personality I guess. I spent all my loan the other week but i'm not doing anything about it because if I try to do something then it won't work but if I leave it alone then i'll get the money which is why i'm spending the last £20 on lottery tickets.

well people are avoiding me
    how do you know it won't work? Are you saying you only have £20 at your disposal?

I'm not avoiding you x

(Original post by Riku)
    how do you know it won't work? Are you saying you only have £20 at your disposal?

I'm not avoiding you x
    Basically if I want something it doesn't work so if I don't care then it will.. like the bridge and the money. My overdraft is £1500 and i'm £-1478.something. I have all of the receipts but i'll keep it all if I win the lottery. I just have to get the numbers right so i'm going to spend all night researching.

ReputationRep:
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically if I want something it doesn't work so if I don't care then it will.. like the bridge and the money. My overdraft is £1500 and i'm £-1478.something. I have all of the receipts but i'll keep it all if I win the lottery. I just have to get the numbers right so i'm going to spend all night researching.
    That's not a good idea, it's very unlikely you'll win the lottery :hugs: is there anyone you can talk to who could help you sort out money stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    That's not a good idea, it's very unlikely you'll win the lottery :hugs: is there anyone you can talk to who could help you sort out money stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a very very strong feeling that I will it's why i'm in debt and well I can't explain it right now but there are a lot of reasons why I will win it if not tomorrow then sometime next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I have a very very strong feeling that I will it's why i'm in debt and well I can't explain it right now but there are a lot of reasons why I will win it if not tomorrow then sometime next week.
    Cinnie on, I don't think it's worth spending your last £22 of your overdraft on the possibility of lottery tickets…maybe 1 or 2 but can you talk to Student Finance or your counsellor if you are seeing one? x

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.