Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    How'd you get that to work?

Once the gif is moving just drag and hold it into the chat box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Once the gif is moving just drag and hold it into the chat box
    Ah right, cheers bro. I guess the one I was trying to put up was too large or something, it was that Ozil assist to Giroud during the 5-0 villa game

ReputationRep:
    According to Italian reports, Arsenal will sign Higuain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    According to Italian reports, Arsenal will sign Higuain
    pls don't

ReputationRep:
    Also talk of Moreno from Espanyol, not heard too much about him but his stats look decent; missed 3 months with a tibia fracture at the start of the season so has only played 22 games in all comps, but damn, 11 clean sheets all of which bar 1 he played the full 90 in. Seems like the perfect 4th option CB tbh, relatively cheap, decent and at 27 not too young or too old.

Can't trust Higuain rumours tbh, heard it all before and see no reason why they'd be more legitimate this time round

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't think the last Higuain rumours were false. Thought it had something with us taking too long to close the deal what with waiting on the Suarez situation

ReputationRep:
    The thing is there's no reason for Napoli to sell, at least none that I'm aware of

ReputationRep:
    When will you guys learn that buying ex Real Madrid players never works out. I doubt any of their players progress except a few while most decline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    When will you guys learn that buying ex Real Madrid players never works out. I doubt any of their players progress except a few while most decline.
    Robben left Real Madrid and won the Champions League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    As did Sneijder but tbh in general they do seem to go downhill iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Thats why I said some. Most decline and arent as good as they were when they first joined. I'd buy barca players which have come from their academy 10/10 times than any Real Madrid players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    As did Sneijder but tbh in general they do seem to go downhill iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's evident in where they end up and play.

Yaya
    Zlatan
    Sanchez

Heck even being in the Barca team will make you train more and increase your skill level.

Di Maria
    Ozil
    Higuain

ReputationRep:
    on paper higuian looks great..

1 in 2 striker, who has shown amazing consistancy keeping up good numbers for 7 yeras now.. and at 27, he still has a few years left in him.

My only issue with him though, is how he fits in to the team. I mean, we are not playing with 2 strikers, and whilst it would be great to have both him and giroud as our options.. I dont know.. I kind of feel like 1 of the 2 would suffer if the both played for us

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Higauin is a bit too similar to Giroud for my liking, not so much in playing style, but they're both getting on (27 and 28), part of me says I'd rather we took a risk and went for a young guy with big potential.

ReputationRep:
    But we only have one proficient striker in the club being Giroud. We need a 2nd, Welbeck shouldn't be counted on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    But we only have one proficient striker in the club being Giroud. We need a 2nd, Welbeck shouldn't be counted on.
    Shouldn't have sold Afobe.

Only Messi and Ronaldo have scored more goals than him this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)

Guess we'll just have to bring in Akpom as a 3rd striker if we don't buy anyone else this season. Should sell Sanogo to a championship side but I'll miss him.
    Always banter when he plays

ReputationRep:

Afobe is playing at championship level. Just because he's scoring goals doesn't mean he will do it in the PL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Guess we'll just have to bring in Akpom as a 3rd striker if we don't buy anyone else this season. Should sell Sanogo to a championship side but I'll miss him.
    Always banter when he plays
    Wolves signed him permanently in January, he's no longer on loan

(Original post by al_94)
    Afobe is playing at championship level. Just because he's scoring goals doesn't mean he will do it in the PL.
    sanogo would still barely score 10 goals in the championship, and this guy led our line in season defining games vs liverpool and bayern

ReputationRep:

He scored half his goals in League 1, and half in the Championship, please forgive me for not thinking he is the next Pele.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.