Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    Oh

In that case, send it off asap then
    on my gathered field email they actually strongly advise us not to send anything in.

Perhaps that link is old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beef_Eater)
    on my gathered field email they actually strongly advise us not to send anything in.

Perhaps that link is old?
    Doubt that, but I'm sure I read that somewhere too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    Doubt that, but I'm sure I read that somewhere too...
    I quote...

Please do not send us supplementary references, statements, essays, DVDs or other supporting material as part of your application as these will not be considered.

ReputationRep:
    I quote...

Please do not send us supplementary references, statements, essays, DVDs or other supporting material as part of your application as these will not be considered.
    Yeah i remember that.

ReputationRep:
    I quote...

Yes, I think it was on the lines of that

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't advise sending anything in unless it is significant, important information that you clumsily left off your application (you should have had enough room to include it in your personal statement) or if the circumstances surrounding your application have changed i.e you've dropped a subjected, switched ones etc. They tell people not to send them unnecessary information (anything that's not of high importance to their decision) because otherwise people could and would think of a multitude of things that may help sway decisions. Best to wait and see - flurrying them with additional information about you won't help, particulary since the role of your personal statement is to express your ambition and achievements both clearly and concisely. Sorry if that sounds like a bit of rant, but having a bunch of over-eager, impatient LSE applicants sending in mounds of uneccessary information is probably the admissions team's worst nightmare!

As for decisions - if rejections came last Friday, I'd imagine the only news we'd hear this week would be offers this Friday. After this week there may be a delay in decisions as they wait to see whether all the entrance exam people will definitely get offers, or whether they'll go to somebody else due to a low score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    I wouldn't advise sending anything in unless it is significant, important information that you clumsily left off your application (you should have had enough room to include it in your personal statement) or if the circumstances surrounding your application have changed i.e you've dropped a subjected, switched ones etc. They tell people not to send them unnecessary information (anything that's not of high importance to their decision) because otherwise people could and would think of a multitude of things that may help sway decisions. Best to wait and see - flurrying them with additional information about you won't help, particulary since the role of your personal statement is to express your ambition and achievements both clearly and concisely. Sorry if that sounds like a bit of rant, but having a bunch of over-eager, impatient LSE applicants sending in mounds of uneccessary information is probably the admissions team's worst nightmare!

As for decisions - if rejections came last Friday, I'd imagine the only news we'd hear this week would be offers this Friday. After this week there may be a delay in decisions as they wait to see whether all the entrance exam people will definitely get offers, or whether they'll go to somebody else due to a low score.
    but remember, they did have a double rejection week this earlier.

ReputationRep:
    but remember, they did have a double rejection week this earlier.
    What do you mean - two rounds of rejection last week?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean - two rounds of rejection last week?
    not last week. right at the beginning - November I think.

ReputationRep:
    not last week. right at the beginning - November I think.
    It's a possibility actually, since this is towards the end of the main application cycle and they're probably got a fair few 'maybes' to dispose off. I'm still optimistic that we'll only see offers on Friday, but tbh we've guessed LSE's decisions wrong enough times to give our predictions only limited validity!

ReputationRep:
    It's a possibility actually, since this is towards the end of the main application cycle and they're probably got a fair few 'maybes' to dispose off. I'm still optimistic that we'll only see offers on Friday, but tbh we've guessed LSE's decisions wrong enough times to give our predictions only limited validity!
    well I hope your right about it being just offers next week because I'm ******** it. (with people in the same situation as me receiving offers the other week)

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely hope it is a rejection day tomorrow. About time they began sifting through the deadwood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruhell)
    I sincerely hope it is a rejection day tomorrow. About time they began sifting through the deadwood.
    Charming... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Roem)
    Charming... :mad:
    It comes purely from a law hopeful's perspective. I and many others have been waiting around 4 months....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruhell)
    It comes purely from a law hopeful's perspective. I and many others have been waiting around 4 months....
    Ah, well Law :tongue:

It's not been that fun a wait for me either, I would hate (though am expecting to be) rejected after enduring five months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Roem)
    Ah, well Law :tongue:

It's not been that fun a wait for me either, I would hate (though am expecting to be) rejected after enduring five months.
    Five months? :eek3:

Its all or nothing for me now, if I don't get into the LSE, its a gap year for me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I applied at before the Oxbridge deadline and the rejections keep up until March so...

It must feel bad to be kept waiting all that time for them to simple turn round and say "No thanks".

ReputationRep:
    does lse even have those course specific rejection/offer days anymore, or do decisions just come regarding different courses on the same day..?

ReputationRep:
    Different departments just have different days don't they? It's like the Law department that took a 1 month hiatus whilst every other department gave out offers... :|

ReputationRep:
    Different departments take different times to reply I'm sure; courses with massive numbers of applicants like Economics apply much earlier to reject those who don't meet certain requirements, whereas smaller dept's may scrutinise each application a bit more. Decisions come on the same days though - there's no offer/rejection day that's department-specific.

To the person who mentioned 'deadwood' - I think a month and a half has been long enough to remove the most unsuitable candidates, though I agree with the other poster that using that term is a bit harsh. I don't know what to tell you pre-Oxbridge folk because the waiting for me alone has been difficult and I only applied at the begining of Decemeber. Settle yourselves in the knowledge that whether good or bad, you'll know within a month (or so).

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.