Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Shouldn't have sold Afobe.

Only Messi and Ronaldo have scored more goals than him this season.
    I agree I said this a month or so ago, the guy is on crazy form banging then in for fun. Gutted we sold him as there really was no need to; he was recalled from a season loan to be sold ffs iirc. Disappointing when you consider we still have **** like Campbell and sanogo on the wage bill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    He scored half his goals in League 1, and half in the Championship, please forgive me for not thinking he is the next Pele.
    Didn't he also dominate united in that 4-0 mauling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Didn't he also dominate united in that 4-0 mauling?
    He came on after United were already 2-0 down. They had given up, as seen by the 4th goal (Afobe's second).

ReputationRep:
    Even if we beat Chelsea it's kind of irrelevant considering they will have the last laugh with winning the league title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Even if we beat Chelsea it's kind of irrelevant considering they will have the last laugh with winning the league title
    they would get the last laugh yes..

But it would not be irrelevant - as given that wenger has never beaten moriniho, it would be quite a good occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

But it would not be irrelevant - as given that wenger has never beaten moriniho, it would be quite a good occasion.
    Mr Wenger is the reason why it will be irrelevant a manager is judged from the titles they've won not their record against Mourinho which would still be bad even if he won.

ReputationRep:

Yup, it needs to be done. Will help our mentality a lot too, even though we'll get the world telling us that 'Chelsea didn't even need to win that game, you're ****, Ozil is a waste of money, Lallana & Young > Alexis, GGMU, YNWA'

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Mr Wenger is the reason why it will be irrelevant a manager is judged from the titles they've won not their record against Mourinho which would still be bad even if he won.
    not say its an achievement as such.. but more a step in the right dirrection.

We need to actually be able to beat mohriniho and united (our two biggest guarenteed losses each season, well and stoke away) - if we are to get anywhere.. this season we have ended our drought against united.. and ending wengers loosing streak against mohriniho, would atleast give a bit of confidence to the team if nothing else

ReputationRep:
    not say its an achievement as such.. but more a step in the right dirrection.

We need to actually be able to beat mohriniho and united (our two biggest guarenteed losses each season, well and stoke away) - if we are to get anywhere.. this season we have ended our drought against united.. and ending wengers loosing streak against mohriniho, would atleast give a bit of confidence to the team if nothing else
    Yeah we need to beat Mourinho/Chelsea next season for sure but this season even if we win Chelsea may not be playing to their max knowing they will win the league anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Under FIFA regulations Gabriel, Ospina & Sanchez could be summoned for Copa America duty from 29 May - the day before FA Cup final.
    Someone will get stabbed if this happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Gab hasn't done enough to secure a place in the Brazil squad. Arsenal should be able to cope without Ospina and Sanchez

ReputationRep:
    It will be interesting to see what AW does this summer in the transfer window. Its the first time in a while that the first team doesn't have any obvious gaps and any signings will either be a serious upgrade on a first team player or a squad option. Not sure what is going to happen with Sanogo, he's made 4 starts for Palace and scored one goal. Does anyone know if he's played well for them?

Also how do people rate Welbeck's season? He's been very ineffective for me, put's in a lot of effort but doesn't score enough or link up that well with the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)

Ospina won't be playing anyway over Schez. Gabriel won't be as much of a miss if Merte is fit but Sanchez is the one to really pull us out when things turn to ****e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amoled)
    It will be interesting to see what AW does this summer in the transfer window. Its the first time in a while that the first team doesn't have any obvious gaps and any signings will either be a serious upgrade on a first team player or a squad option. Not sure what is going to happen with Sanogo, he's made 4 starts for Palace and scored one goal. Does anyone know if he's played well for them?

Also how do people rate Welbeck's season? He's been very ineffective for me, put's in a lot of effort but doesn't score enough or link up that well with the others.

As always, wait till deadline day then sign a reject. Welbeck has high work rate but is detrimental to our attack.

ReputationRep:
    Sanogo scored one goal [for Palace] then got injured. Luck not on his side

ReputationRep:
    san one goal

ReputationRep:
    Luck not on his side? He's managed to score a contract with a champions league side despite the fact he is low championship/ league 1 quality at best. Lucks been on his side his whole career ffs. **** if he was 3 inches smaller he wouldn't even be a professional footballer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    As always, wait till deadline day then sign a reject. Welbeck has high work rate but is detrimental to our attack.
    Funny that. Most people said the same thing about Giroud up until the start of this season.

I have a tremendous amount of faith in Welbeck. Wenger will sort out the holes in his game, Welbeck has a good physical basis and mentality to succeed. He's literally Wenger's ideal student to coach.

To say Welbz is "detrimental" to our attack is completely incorrect. I'm sad you can't you see his value or potential for growth but that a common thing amongst Arsenal fans. Thanks God Wenger knows better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Funny that. Most people said the same thing about Giroud up until the start of this season.

I have a tremendous amount of faith in Welbeck. Wenger will sort out the holes in his game, Welbeck has a good physical basis and mentality to succeed. He's literally Wenger's ideal student to coach.

To say Welbz is "detrimental" to our attack is completely incorrect. I'm sad you can't you see his value or potential for growth but that a common thing amongst Arsenal fans. Thanks God Wenger knows better.

lol I wasn't being literal but anywho, you saw how our play changed as soon as Giroud came on. He's 24 not 21 so I'm not exactly holding out for him to become the next Ian Wright one day but if you're happy with Wenger spending 2 or three seasons developing Welbeck whilst he's simply not good enough at the cost of another striker who'll actually score goals then that's your preference.

It just doesn't make sense. Why should we wait so long when there are much, much better prospects out there. Welbeck is the type of signing Liverpool should make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

(Original post by AR_95)
    lol I wasn't being literal but anywho, you saw how our play changed as soon as Giroud came on. He's 24 not 21 so I'm not exactly holding out for him to become the next Ian Wright one day but if you're happy with Wenger spending 2 or three seasons developing Welbeck whilst he's simply not good enough at the cost of another striker who'll actually score goals then that's your preference.

It just doesn't make sense. Why should we wait so long when there are much, much better prospects out there. Welbeck is the type of signing Liverpool should make.
    Agree with AR. Don't get why Arsenal fans rave about Welbeck having huge potential and all this Wenger will develop him nonsense considering SAF tried it for years and failed. The guy has hit his peak, 15 goals a season is max he'll ever get really.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.