Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Congratulations! Which uni are you off to?

Excellent choice of uni. Congratulations! :woo:
    I have to make a quick choice between Biochemistry at King's College or Medicine in Rome, Italy. I'm pretty sure I will go and do Medicine as that's what I've always wanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    If you've missed your grades that significantly, you will need to go in to school and speak to someone. It might be worth getting exam scripts back to have a look at where you might have fallen down slightly, or request a remark. At least call them up for me?
    Thanks but I know I failed on the AQA maths papers so I guess it was to be expected, I'll just wait until Clearing starts. On the Clearing vacancies if the entry requirement is lower, i.e ABB or something do I bother calling up? Thanks for your support btw

(Original post by Altun63)
    Have gone to bed yet, fell asleep last time and you were still on, all nighter ?
    yeah all nighter. I couldn't sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by postexamtalk)
    Thanks dude! I will be studying maths!

I personally thank you and all the other moderators for being up this early and late every night helping answer our questions and calming us down. It really does help the situation, and definitely puts a smile on my face!
    Well, that's quite alright . Do you have any plans for this summer?

(Original post by DrSocSciences)
    My son's into Durham, with A*AA. Here's where I bow out. Wishing you all the best of luck for the rest of the day.
    Would you pass on our congratulations for us please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soLit)
    I am most scared about disappointing teachers who believed in me :/ is that weird?
    try not to worry to much about them, its more about how you feel. Sometimes teachers put a little bit to much pressure on and it may just make you feel worse regardless of the results.
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    The embargo lifted at 6am
    Thank you for letting me know, I had no idea about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    No not at all, the are breaking the embargo set upon them by UCAS if they contact you earlier so most will not contact you directly till after 8am when UCAS has updated.
    No.
    (Original post by PQ)
    No. Not all universities will email/text early. And even if they do they could be sending thousands of emails - so not all will send instantly- or they could have been eaten by your spam filter.
    Oh that's such a relief, thank you all!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliewylie)
    congratulations!! can i ask who your firm was? x
    Thank you!! It's Lancaster

Well done! :jumphug:Do you have any plans for the rest of the day now?
    Thanks! I'm actually not sure yet though. Gonna hang with my girls for a bit, but nothing specific because we're saving to go out for my friend's birthday at the weekend! Plus to be honest, I wasn't really sure today was going to be a celebratory kind of day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluorescentM)
    Thanks but I know I failed on the AQA maths papers so I guess it was to be expected, I'll just wait until Clearing starts. On the Clearing vacancies if the entry requirement is lower, i.e ABB or something do I bother calling up? Thanks for your support btw
    It is always worth calling up a University if their interesting to you :yep: . Since there are no limits on places, if a University feels they can place more students with lower grades, then they will! However, you might need to wait a little whilst students who have met ABB are placed, so don't be disappointed if you are asked to call back tomorrow morning.

Have you had any contact from your firm or insurance uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    A few of my friends who found out results online are disappointed

ReputationRep:
    Wtf. W..taf. I'm so so done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlenChloco)
    Oh that's such a relief, thank you all!!
    Good luck, and sorry you have to wait a little longer!

(Original post by wickedisgood)
    Thank you!! It's Lancaster

Thanks! I'm actually not sure yet though. Gonna hang with my girls for a bit, but nothing specific because we're saving to go out for my friend's birthday at the weekend! Plus to be honest, I wasn't really sure today was going to be a celebratory kind of day
    Well, you need to do something... I'm telling you to go out and celebrate and AMAZING achievement! . Are you anywhere near an ice cream shop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    :console: . Have you found anything out?

(Original post by Anon_98)

Everything okay?

ReputationRep:
    It is always worth calling up a University if their interesting to you :yep: . Since there are no limits on places, if a University feels they can place more students with lower grades, then they will! However, you might need to wait a little whilst students who have met ABB are placed, so don't be disappointed if you are asked to call back tomorrow morning.

Have you had any contact from your firm or insurance uni yet?
    Ah okay, thanks. No I haven't, if they text will they also email? As I have a new number and haven't updated it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Sorry to hear that x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)

That isnt the lesson to be learnt, stay positive, I m sure there's still options available to you. Have you heard from your firm or insurance? If not, dont make any assumptions until you get into track.

ReputationRep:
    2 UMS off an A* in chem, is it worth the remark...?

ReputationRep:
    Reading this is giving me anxiety I'm overthinking and wondering should I have had an email yet if I've gotten in?! I'm an external candidate so I just have to wait until track and then my results are being emailed to me by the college I sat my exams with at around 9.30am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluorescentM)
    Ah okay, thanks. No I haven't, if they text will they also email? As I have a new number and haven't updated it
    The text and email service is essentially a courtesy, so if they can't get in touch with you, it won't actually affect anything. Track is the be-all-and-end-all of University decisions :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well, you need to do something... I'm telling you to go out and celebrate and AMAZING achievement! . Are you anywhere near an ice cream shop?
    I am! Sounds like a great idea actually!!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.