Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well just found out the result and mannnnnnn i'm gutted...i mean for me this was a sure fire win or so i thought...season over right here i think, i mean we can't even beat 10 man blackburn we don't deserve to win anything...plus losing against the likes of newcastle and westbrom and losing a 4 goal lead...hardly champions form that :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Spurs team along with 'Arry is scarily overrated.

I like Spurs as a side, but this is beyond a joke. The past two pages, have just been pure garbage.
    The thread is a lost cause now tbh. A proper debate hasn't occurred for yonks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    As bad as each other? Djourou is unbeaten in 29 prem matches - the best in the division and we concede on average once every 250 mins with him playing. ****ing ****, isn't he?
    What a stupid statistic....

ReputationRep:
    Bale also went 24 Premier League games without winning I guess that means he is ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Which one and why?

(Original post by MoMatrix)
    Bale also went 24 Premier League games without winning I guess that means he is ****
    You rated him during that run of games, did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    Which one and why?
    I have it on good knowledge my cousin, who's been to the Emirates 7 times, has never seen Arsenal win. Should we should ban him from the Greater London area?

ReputationRep:
    You would be hard pressed to find many defenders better so therefore they are world class.
    No, you wouldn't be hard pressed. Both are very good defenders, but there are tonnes out there better.

The definition of world class is subjective, but I find a good way of measuring it is the players who are in the top 3 or 4 in their position. Dawson and King are nowhere near Pique, Vidic, Lucio, Puyol, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    Which one and why?

You rated him during that run of games, did you?
    Always a highly rated player since his days at Southampton.But just goes to show some statistics can be completely useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    No, you wouldn't be hard pressed. Both are very good defenders, but there are tonnes out there better.

The definition of world class is subjective, but I find a good way of measuring it is the players who are in the top 3 or 4 in their position. Dawson and King are nowhere near Pique, Vidic, Lucio, Puyol, etc.
    Sure about that?
    The four you have mentioned are world-class but Pique and Puyol I believe are slightly overrated the system they play in makes them look slightly better and I have seen them have shaky moments in La Liga.

ReputationRep:
    I have it on good knowledge my cousin, who's been to the Emirates 7 times, has never seen Arsenal win. Should we should ban him from the Greater London area?
    That is the worst application of logic I've seen in a long long time. You should be thoroughly ashamed

ReputationRep:
    Do you understand what correlation is? If you don't, go and calculate Liverpool's win percentage, with Gerrard playing for the past 2 season. Then go and do the same, when he isn't.

By the law of large numbers, you will get cases where this statistic fails. But in Djourou's case, 29 matches provides a fairly robust statistic to show there is definitely an influence on our performances when he plays.

ReputationRep:
    Only you could come out with logic like that.

Imprressive stuff tbfh

ReputationRep:
    Do you understand what correlation is? If you don't, go and calculate Liverpool's win percentage, with Gerrard playing for the past 2 season. Then go and do the same, when he isn't.

By the law of large numbers, you will get cases where this statistic fails. But in Djourou's case, 29 matches provides a fairly robust statistic to show there is definitely an influence on our performances when he plays.
    So by your logic if he loses the next 3 games in a row in the team he has a negative influence.

ReputationRep:
    Where the **** are overmars and economist and that other one who's consistently good. This thread has become a rabble.

ReputationRep:
    So by your logic if he loses the next 3 games in a row in the team he has a negative influence.
    Such blatant wumming :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Such blatant wumming :coma:
    Statistics can be whatever you make them why not make a statistics of Djourou in all competitions with Arsenal, no because it wouldn't look as good. Djourou is a good defender but when he comes up against top teams he can be found wanting.Arshavin has 17 assists this season but it has been his worst season.

ReputationRep:
    Sure about that?
    The four you have mentioned are world-class but Pique and Puyol I believe are slightly overrated the system they play in makes them look slightly better and I have seen them have shaky moments in La Liga.
    Yes, I am sure about that. Neither of them are nearly as good as the four I've mentioned and lots of other players in Europe and some in the Premiership.

Dawson and King are very good. Neither of them are close to world class though.

ReputationRep:

I understand correlation acutely, or at least enough to know that the *** hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy can be readily applied. It means nothing whatsoever without context - of which there is none at all. To put it into perspective, if Djourou and Fabregas start together, they win 60% of matches. If Djourou and Arshavin start together, they win 100% of matches. Brilliant.

Only you could come out with logic like that.

Imprressive stuff tbfh
    It's not logic, it's a parody of the same fallacy mentioned previously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Yes, I am sure about that. Neither of them are nearly as good as the four I've mentioned and lots of other players in Europe and some in the Premiership.

Dawson and King are very good. Neither of them are close to world class though.
    Define nearly as good what is 'nearly as good'? No you will not find many better in Europe and in the Premier League I can think of only Terry, Ferdinand better and maybe Vincent Kompany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinleys)
    Where the **** are overmars and economist and that other one who's consistently good. This thread has become a rabble.
    reems? Yeah, he needs to come back tbf. He has served his time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.