Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry Watch

This discussion is closed.
narusku
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OMG I just received another email from Oxford...thought I was going to die, but turns out all they wanted to let me know is one very small and unimportant issue:
"Dear Mr. Akale

I write to inform you that your application to St Anne’s has been received by the College and is now under active consideration. This message is not an invitation for interview. You are registered as wishing to read Law (Jurisprudence) beginning in October 2012"

As I already have my "acknowledgement" email seeing this in my inbox scared the life out of me and upon reading, "I write to inform you that your application to St Anne’s..." I can tell you all right now that I nearly started to convulse...

Dear me, this year's TRACK cycle is going to kill me! :')

Oh and btw, why does it seem as though nobody else is applying to St Annes college?
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by narusku)
OMG I just received another email from Oxford...thought I was going to die, but turns out all they wanted to let me know is one very small and unimportant issue:
"Dear Mr. Akale

I write to inform you that your application to St Anne’s has been received by the College and is now under active consideration. This message is not an invitation for interview. You are registered as wishing to read Law (Jurisprudence) beginning in October 2012"

As I already have my "acknowledgement" email seeing this in my inbox scared the life out of me and upon reading, "I write to inform you that your application to St Anne’s..." I can tell you all right now that I nearly started to convulse...

Oh and btw, why does it seem as though nobody else is applying to St Annes college?
Cool name
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Dear Mr. Akale

Although I applied to Cambridge and not Oxford, when I got my offer letter I thought the first sentence was going to kill me
narusku
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
Cool name
Why thank you! If only I could know yours
:poke:
narusku
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cpdavis)
Although I applied to Cambridge and not Oxford, when I got my offer letter I thought the first sentence was going to kill me
God, it was terrible!
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
God, it was terrible!
Well if it helps, you probably won't hear from Oxford until some point next month so any other UCAS bits will more likely be from other universities.
cloudstr1f3r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Dear Mr. Akale

I love how they went 'This message is not an invitation for interview' lol
fluteflute
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cloudstr1f3r)
I'm not trying to be offensive, but Gregory is one of those names which you see on TV a lot... like those primary school TV shows, Kevin and Gregory are both popular...

Cause the teacher goes... Keeeeeevinnnnnnnnnnnnn, Greeeeeegooooooorrrrrrrrry. Okay, I'm being very random, I'm sorry.
Just a bit random

But my parents chose the name because they thought Gregory would be a cute baby name, with Greg being a hip trendy name
Ambs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cloudstr1f3r)
I love how they went 'This message is not an invitation for interview' lol
Haha, me too If they don't invite me for an interview I'm going to show up anyway and pretend I didn't notice that sentence: 'But you sent me this... WHAT? Oh no, I thought it was an invitation!' - and then convince them to let me stay with my tears.
Brand New Eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by punctuation)
GREG I GOT THAT TOO!

I was so excited I nearly fell over when I saw I received an email (I was walking and checking my phone)
Waah! I want mine from Merton!
cloudstr1f3r
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ambs)
Haha, me too If they don't invite me for an interview I'm going to show up anyway and pretend I didn't notice that sentence: 'But you sent me this... WHAT? Oh no, I thought it was an invitation!' - and then convince them to let me stay with my tears.
LOL! Go for it!
Emgrace
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Casually still in my pyjamas after getting up at twelve for the first time in years, watching "Merlin" and wrapping birthday presents Wish I didn't have work in an hour and a half though
Hehehe that's my favourite thing to do! Get up late and watch Merlin :P

I have no life..:P
Niki_girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by punctuation)
Just got a conditional offer from Exeter... *strokes chin*

I don't know how I feel about this... My first offer, yay.
:woo: YOU SHOULD CELEBRATE!

BTW, which campus/ subject did you apply for? I applied to the Streatham campus at Exeter for History and am still waiting for a reply, although I did get a random email about sports scholarships and a cool postcard from them.....
cloudstr1f3r
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A BIT SIDE TRACKED BUT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=WFi1RDS904g

LOL!
fluteflute
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Casually still in my pyjamas after getting up at twelve for the first time in years, watching "Merlin" and wrapping birthday presents Wish I didn't have work in an hour and a half though
(Original post by Emgrace)

May I ask why you have left Merlin to watch today, rather than watching it SIX days ago when it was broadcast?
_becca
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Emgrace)

mate, it's all about stephen fry's series on language! loving it
and X FACTOR! ergh, my friend was like *in posh voice* "as an oxford applicant don't you think you're a bit too established for the likes of x factor?" and seeing as we both go to state school.. regfekjfg. x
fawltyfan
Report 7 years ago
My UCAS application for Law was processed on the 7th October but I still haven't received any acknowledgement from the university or college. Should I contact them, or is this normal?
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pai2502)
umm..no offence, but is the word 'here' in this sentence meant to be 'hear' :rolleyes:?
Oops
AnimalSpirit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pai2502)
umm..no offence, but is the word 'here' in this sentence meant to be 'hear' :rolleyes:?
I am so glad you pointed that out! Something bad could have happened!:rolleyes:
AnimalSpirit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (146)
45.91%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise