(Original post by usycool1)
    Rejection from Oxford :cry2:
    :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh, no.

You were expecting it though, right? I know that doesn't make it easier, but at least it wasn't a shock. Situation could have been worse.

ReputationRep:
    i seriously need a decent FP1 revision guide for further maths but can't find one online, any help?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I had my fingers crossed for a more positive outcome. It was just the dodgy BMAT though, you're a fab candidate - forget that stupid test! :mad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Onwards and upwards! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oxford sucks anyway :mmm:

Cambridge would have snapped you up, the BMAT was a bit odd though, a girl I know didn't do really well and she got 7s across her HLs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    i seriously need a decent FP1 revision guide for further maths but can't find one online, any help?
    The official Keith Pledgar book for Edexcel is sufficient preparation, that's all I used for FP1. But if you want more practice there's the Mark Rowland one which has stretching questions.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by furryface12)
    Aww :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Unlucky mate :console:
    Thanks

(Original post by ethery)
    Oh, no.

You were expecting it though, right? I know that doesn't make it easier, but at least it wasn't a shock. Situation could have been worse.

I was, yeah, so seeing "I'm sorry to..." wasn't a shock but it upset me immediately! No offers, interviews, and one rejection...

(Original post by Pandora.)
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I had my fingers crossed for a more positive outcome. It was just the dodgy BMAT though, you're a fab candidate - forget that stupid test! :mad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Onwards and upwards! :yep:
    Thanks, if you say so.

Indeed!

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Oxford sucks anyway :mmm:

Cambridge would have snapped you up, the BMAT was a bit odd though, a girl I know didn't do really well and she got 7s across her HLs.
    Haha, I hate the BMAT :mad:

ReputationRep:

Thanks

I was, yeah, so seeing "I'm sorry to..." wasn't a shock but it upset me immediately! No offers, interviews, and one rejection...

Thanks, if you say so.

Indeed!

Well hopefully you'll get offers and interviews elsewhere

ReputationRep:

Thanks

Thanks, if you say so.

Indeed!

Stay positive m8.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Another one
    Don't worry, we have enough outstanding unis between the pair of us not to let one rejection destroy us.
    We will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm really sorry
    You have my symp/empathy :hugs::grouphugs:
    My fingers are crossed for you for the others
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Prinz655)
    Another one
    Don't worry, we have enough outstanding unis between the pair of us not to let one rejection destroy us.
    We will be fine
    Ah damn, you got rejected too? If so, really sorry to hear that...really isn't a nice feeling at all, especially when you have no interviews/offers.

Indeed!

(Original post by Qari)
    Stay positive m8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks man, I'll try to.

(Original post by Kezza Wilson)
    Oh, I'm really sorry
    You have my symp/empathy :hugs::grouphugs:
    My fingers are crossed for you for the others

ReputationRep:
    Heeyyyyyyy dudes!!! Sozzums for the late reply I've had computer issues, and when I finally fixed it all I completely forgot i hadn't replied to you guyz so very very sorry about that!!! How have ya'll been???

(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    4 A-levels is so much work, and I don't think I have enough time for them all unfortunately
    I know especially now that we got onto the proper interesting topics. Thank you, in a way I'm relieved
    I do 6
    Mmm, it is rather interesting! Yeah well if that is whats best for you then good I hope its all going well though! You could always read up on some Psych in your spare time if ya really find it interesting

Pfft, whatever :plz2: Haha, thanks, I'm trying my best to be. Ah fair enough, I see, that sounds awesome! Ever since Broad didn't walk when he was so blatantly out, I've been supporting Australia. And they're doing well now so yay I do five subjects, so pretty much no frees (maths for "fun" though, so I occasionally miss it if I'm tired/busy ) :emo:
    Haha! You know its true Your best is all you can do I think so too hehehe! *gasp* You turned against your own?! :eek: thats harsh dude :hippie: but ya know what, support who you wish. Yous lot are doing wel anyways :aetsch: Yay indeed but :nah: more like NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :elefant: Ah see I do 6 but 3 privately so still have quite few frees and barely any lessons hehe.
    Thats such a shame. I don't know how I do any of it considering I have sooo many e/c's and what not I mean my schedule is so goddamn busy lolz. Haha okies, thats cool then at least you do relax right???

(Original post by Qari)
    haha, I defo love having fun. how about you?
    and I can be serious when I want to be
    Fun is awesome!!! :dancing2: Of course, I always love having fun. In fact organising what should be a fun new years do
    Haha thats good then, balance is sweet! Its the perfect mix lol hehe :mmm: But yeah I'm never too serious but I know just when to be serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    Heeyyyyyyy dudes!!! Sozzums for the late reply I've had computer issues, and when I finally fixed it all I completely forgot i hadn't replied to you guyz so very very sorry about that!!! How have ya'll been???

Fun is awesome!!! :dancing2: Of course, I always love having fun. In fact organising what should be a fun new years do
    Haha thats good then, balance is sweet! Its the perfect mix lol hehe :mmm: But yeah I'm never too serious but I know just when to be serious
    what was wrong with your pc? And am i invited to the new.years do? lol jking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    what was wrong with your pc? And am i invited to the new.years do? lol jking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Flickering screen Managed to fix it though, pulled it apart, then put it back together (but that didn't help) so had to try a few other things. Haha well tbh you could actually come if ya wanted But you'd need to make an effort, its a Moulin rouge type night :mmm:
    • Study Helper

[COLOR=#0000ff]
    Haha! You know its true Your best is all you can do I think so too hehehe! *gasp* You turned against your own?! :eek: thats harsh dude :hippie: but ya know what, support who you wish. Yous lot are doing wel anyways :aetsch: Yay indeed but :nah: more like NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :elefant: Ah see I do 6 but 3 privately so still have quite few frees and barely any lessons hehe.
    Thats such a shame. I don't know how I do any of it considering I have sooo many e/c's and what not I mean my schedule is so goddamn busy lolz. Haha okies, thats cool then at least you do relax right???
    Indeed! Nooo, I wasn't born in England, so I'm not a traitor. Ah fair enough, what subjects do you do? There is a LOT of work doing 5+ I think (more so for you)...but it's good fun in the end...in some ways...I guess... :erm::lol: Indeed!
    • Study Helper

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Well hopefully you'll get offers and interviews elsewhere
    Thanks man

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man
    Do you ever feel like you've been given so much homework that once you've done it you feel lost :lol:

Darn workload.

ReputationRep:
    Flickering screen Managed to fix it though, pulled it apart, then put it back together (but that didn't help) so had to try a few other things. Haha well tbh you could actually come if ya wanted But you'd need to make an effort, its a Moulin rouge type night :mmm:
    What's that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Curiousity
    Who here has a beard/stubble?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.