Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mco10)
    what is the deadline for BAML summer insight week please ?
    April 30th
    Which division are you planning on applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to thank Wonga for lending me a small amount of money to feed my family this month.

I'll be forever indebted to them.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any bank, apart from BAML, that offer summer weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrNic3)
    Is there any bank, apart from BAML, that offer summer weeks?
    Unless you can find an internship elsewhere, there's no formal IB first year programme whose applications are currently open.

(Original post by Anonynmous)
      Seriously, it's your choice. No-ones forcing you to get involved in banking.
      I don't think I was implying otherwise. I have a specific set of long-term goals, and they require a large amount of capital to enact. So banking is a obvious and safe route.

The shame is that my experience of the companies and the people they tend to hire are that of being some of the people I get on with the least, and I seem to lack the soft skills or the experience to get their notice. I suppose there are other routes, they're just not so optimal.

I'll see.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Expert #7451)
      I don't think I was implying otherwise. I have a specific set of long-term goals, and they require a large amount of capital to enact. So banking is a obvious and safe route.

The shame is that my experience of the companies and the people they tend to hire are that of being some of the people I get on with the least, and I seem to lack the soft skills or the experience to get their notice. I suppose there are other routes, they're just not so optimal.

I'll see.
      I have similar goals. Banking for me is just the springboard.

ReputationRep:
      Is anyone yet to hear from HSBC? Have most got either an offer or rejection?
      Also what are the dates?
      Thanks

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DXG)
      Is anyone yet to hear from HSBC? Have most got either an offer or rejection?
      Also what are the dates?
      Thanks
      Tbh, I think they're done, as they asked us to submit our divisional preference before the 8th March.

I may be wrong, fingers crossed they're still recruiting. There are around 29 people on the FB group who have been offered so far. I'll ask a second year at my uni who got into the programme last year what the numbers were like.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
      Tbh, I think they're done, as they asked us to submit our divisional preference before the 8th March.

I may be wrong, fingers crossed they're still recruiting. There are around 29 people on the FB group who have been offered so far. I'll ask a second year at my uni who got into the programme last year what the numbers were like.
      Thanks,
      Do you know what the dates are?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DXG)
      Thanks,
      Do you know what the dates are?
      7-10th April

ReputationRep:
      Hey guys,

Me and my partner at canarywharfian.com are looking for someone motivated to join our team. If you are interested, please send me a PM. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
      Well at least we reached 400 pages, that something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mralpha)
      Well at least we reached 400 pages, that something

Posted from TSR Mobile
      400 pages of trechary, dissapointment, excitment and relief (hopefully for a lot of us).

Mixed emotions, good run boys.

ReputationRep:
      400 pages of trechary, dissapointment, excitment and relief (hopefully for a lot of us).

Mixed emotions, good run boys.
      there are girls on this thread too you know lol

ReputationRep:
      Anyone had RBC interview? any advice this year for it? is it mainly competency or technical? and how long are these interviews generally lasting?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Razina17)
      Feminism, equal rights for all, we can all equally identify as lads

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Razina17)
      Where?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aussie Dude ._.)
      Where?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      You know the SW MVP of 2015 is a girl right. Offer from everywhere she applied

ReputationRep:
      Haha yeah I know. Just taking the piss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Really who's that?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.