The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7940
Original post by mco10
what is the deadline for BAML summer insight week please ?

April 30th
Which division are you planning on applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd like to thank Wonga for lending me a small amount of money to feed my family this month.

I'll be forever indebted to them.
Reply 7942
Is there any bank, apart from BAML, that offer summer weeks? :smile:
Original post by MrNic3
Is there any bank, apart from BAML, that offer summer weeks? :smile:

Unless you can find an internship elsewhere, there's no formal IB first year programme whose applications are currently open.
Original post by Anonynmous

Seriously, it's your choice. No-ones forcing you to get involved in banking.

I don't think I was implying otherwise. I have a specific set of long-term goals, and they require a large amount of capital to enact. So banking is a obvious and safe route.

The shame is that my experience of the companies and the people they tend to hire are that of being some of the people I get on with the least, and I seem to lack the soft skills or the experience to get their notice. I suppose there are other routes, they're just not so optimal.

I'll see.
Original post by Expert #7451
I don't think I was implying otherwise. I have a specific set of long-term goals, and they require a large amount of capital to enact. So banking is a obvious and safe route.

The shame is that my experience of the companies and the people they tend to hire are that of being some of the people I get on with the least, and I seem to lack the soft skills or the experience to get their notice. I suppose there are other routes, they're just not so optimal.

I'll see.

I have similar goals. Banking for me is just the springboard.
Reply 7946
Is anyone yet to hear from HSBC? Have most got either an offer or rejection?
Also what are the dates?
Thanks
Original post by DXG
Is anyone yet to hear from HSBC? Have most got either an offer or rejection?
Also what are the dates?
Thanks

Tbh, I think they're done, as they asked us to submit our divisional preference before the 8th March.

I may be wrong, fingers crossed they're still recruiting. There are around 29 people on the FB group who have been offered so far. I'll ask a second year at my uni who got into the programme last year what the numbers were like.
Reply 7948
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Tbh, I think they're done, as they asked us to submit our divisional preference before the 8th March.

I may be wrong, fingers crossed they're still recruiting. There are around 29 people on the FB group who have been offered so far. I'll ask a second year at my uni who got into the programme last year what the numbers were like.

Thanks,
Do you know what the dates are?
Original post by DXG
Thanks,
Do you know what the dates are?

7-10th April
Hey guys,

Me and my partner at canarywharfian.com are looking for someone motivated to join our team. If you are interested, please send me a PM. Thanks.
Well at least we reached 400 pages, that something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mralpha
Well at least we reached 400 pages, that something

Posted from TSR Mobile

400 pages of trechary, dissapointment, excitment and relief (hopefully for a lot of us).

Mixed emotions, good run boys.
400 pages of trechary, dissapointment, excitment and relief (hopefully for a lot of us).

Mixed emotions, good run boys.

there are girls on this thread too you know lol
Anyone had RBC interview? any advice this year for it? is it mainly competency or technical? and how long are these interviews generally lasting?

Thanks!
Original post by Razina17

Feminism, equal rights for all, we can all equally identify as lads :wink:
Original post by Razina17

Where?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.

You know the SW MVP of 2015 is a girl right. Offer from everywhere she applied :K:
You know the SW MVP of 2015 is a girl right. Offer from everywhere she applied :K:

Haha yeah I know. Just taking the piss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really who's that?

Latest

Trending

Trending