Stevie G!

I agree it wasn't a penalty though, unlucky for Leicester
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Terrible decision, not a pen.

1-0 up though. Leicester could have easily got 2 though. Poor start by us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Right now it's all about the points.
    Obviously we all like a clean sheet but when we've struggled so much this season, 3 points is what we need regardless of circumstances and regardless of performance (to an extent).
    Don't worry, I know that we need the point more than anything I was just saying I'd be surprised if Leicester don't score .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Not a penalty, nowhere near his hand...

Referees not been giving stonewall penalties past couple of games, today one gives one that is not even close. The PL needs a overhaul of referees, shocking.
    I haven't seen it and although I'm happy we scored, I am yet again left disgusted with what I'm hearing.

I've never experienced such a consistent low standard of refereeing in my life and this is becoming embarrassing for us.
    This is meant to be the best league in the world but the officiating is absolutely nowhere close to the level the Premier League deserves.

These are decisions that can ruin a team; ones going for the top and ones trying to survive at the bottom.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I take it all back, Stevie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I haven't seen it and although I'm happy we scored, I am yet again left disgusted with what I'm hearing.

I've never experienced such a consistent low standard of refereeing in my life and this is becoming embarrassing for us.
    This is meant to be the best league in the world but the officiating is absolutely nowhere close to the level the Premier League deserves.

These are decisions that can ruin a team; ones going for the top and ones trying to survive at the bottom.
    Plus there was some fairly terrible refereeing at the Utd game too. Stoke should have had a penalty but didn't get one, we shouldn't get one but got one.

ReputationRep:
    so lucky once again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Plus there was some fairly terrible refereeing at the Utd game too. Stoke should have had a penalty but didn't get one, we shouldn't get one but got one.
    United should of also had one too tbf, it's been really bad lately.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Watching the City game...jesus Christ. No atmosphere, empty seats, what is going on? They are the champions ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant defending from Moreno to keep up with Vardy.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Penaltypool 2-0 Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    Second penalty, 2-0.

ReputationRep:
    Another penalty, strucks his arm this time. Pennard bags it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    United should of also had one too tbf, it's been really bad lately.
    Fair enough, I didn't see that penalty so I suppose it evens out . Still, refereeing has been truly awful of late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Penaltypool 2-0 Leicester.
    I showed my 70 year old Irish Catholic grandmother this post and she actually laughed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go on Stevie.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    2 dodgy penalties, Liverpool really are back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Second one struck his arm which was away from his body, wasn't dodgy, dont even try xD. Bitter sr90 is back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Penapool, just like last season.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the first pen, how on Earth is that a pen? :eek:

Referees this season have been so woeful, it was evident in the earlier game today with United and Stoke. We need a complete overhaul tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.