Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan075)
    Not the iPhone...haha. That would shatter if you put it at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
    fixed*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    NASA isn't the sole space agency on the planet :holmes:

Regardless, suggesting that they'll shut down is just conjecture. What I was particularly referring to in that post isn't something that costs very much anyway :mmm: (it would probably cost a lot once it gets bigger but I think the government will think it worth it, and if not Europe/Russia/China can take it up :dontknow:)
    Fair rebuttal to my statement . Though it isn't just conjecture, I have read into the situation and heard directly from a government official as to their plans with NASA. I can't really go into anymore detail as it is quite confidential
    I suppose you're correct, though I'm quite skeptical to the possibility of aliens, there simply isn't any concrete evidence from telescopes, rovers and phonograms(I think that's what their called) to back it up.

My iPad is doing things again...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    fixed*
    I love the band, if it wasn't for Marianas Trench I wouldn't know about the actual geographic feature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    What exactly do you mean..?

y=f(x) is basically the equation of a line/curve...

:dontknow:
    I think it's called translations of a line? I don't really know

ReputationRep:
    If you don't think this is epic then you're a noob
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...iGd3PZc#t=121s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    I think it's called translations of a line? I don't really know
    translations = changing the position of a line on a graph, usually done by column vectors.

ReputationRep:
    This sentence doesn't really make sense, considering that the number of "rules" involving y=f(x) is probably quite astronomical.
    Sorry, stressing

There's at least 6, and I've lost my book so I don't know what any of them are, the only thing I remember about it is y=f(x) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    translations = changing the position of a line on a graph, usually done by column vectors.
    What are column vectors?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone on this thread doing the maths exam tommorow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    What are column vectors?
    Try this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...ionsrev1.shtml

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah the problem I have with China is that they're seriously nationalistic People shouldn't be restricted from working with this stuff because they weren't born in a country with a space program :lol:
    I agree. But I do think part of the reason why the Chinese are a little too proud of their achievements is because they've been shut out of many international programs. They were rebuffed by the US from joining the International Space Station in 2009, for example, which is why people are making a big deal of how they're setting up a station of their own.

I think less protectionism/patriotism when it comes to space is needed. The LHC is an excellent example of how Science can be conducted collaboratively world-wide, for the universal benefit of all. I don't see why space programs should be any different.

(Original post by Ryan075)
    Not the iPhone...haha. That would shatter if you put in water.
    Excuse me, sir, but I beg to differ.

Debunked. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Fair rebuttal to my statement . Though it isn't just conjecture, I have read into the situation and heard directly from a government official as to their plans with NASA. I can't really go into anymore detail as it is quite confidential
    I suppose you're correct, though I'm quite skeptical to the possibility of aliens, there simply isn't any concrete evidence from telescopes, rovers and phonograms(I think that's what their called) to back it up.

"Heard directly from a government official?" :holmes: I should say that if this was a US official there is no Official Secrets Act, so you wouldn't be under any obligations to withhold confidential info

Curiosity found evidence to suggest that life could have been supported on Mars at one point :lol: Regardless of this, it's almost a statistical certainty that life on other worlds exists (if we were literally the only life in the universe, I might be more easily convinced to convert to a religion :mmm: Although I still probably wouldn't )

(Original post by Aurorae)
    I agree. But I do think part of the reason why the Chinese are a little too proud of their achievements is because they've been shut out of many international programs. They were rebuffed by the US from joining the International Space Station in 2009, for example, which is why people are making a big deal of how they're setting up a station of their own.

I think less protectionism/patriotism when it comes to space is needed. The LHC is an excellent example of how Science can be conducted collaboratively world-wide, for the universal benefit of all. I don't see why space programs should be any different.
    Yes exactly :awesome: **** Doctors without Borders, I want Scientists without Borders :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Yes! finished school :P 80 days till college.

Hmm what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saleemadat)
    Yes! finished school :P 80 days till college.

Hmm what should i do?
    Watch more anime, Ban
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes exactly :awesome: **** Doctors without Borders, I want Scientists without Borders :ahee:
    Plenty of countries love the fist-pumping nature of discovering a new scientific development first, but hate it when other countries ask to join in. Sure, I'm a right-wing capitalist with beliefs that people should try and fend for themselves, but I acknowledge there are areas of society where such a method just doesn't work. For some things, it's just better to be collaborative rather than going it alone. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Watch more anime, Ban
    Yes! You know what i mean right?

One piece! here i go

Gummm gumm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saleemadat)
    Yes! You know what i mean right?

One piece! here i go

Gummm gumm!
    hell yeah!

ReputationRep:
    Back from swimming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Back from swimming

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hihihihihihihihihihellohihey

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.