The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magic_is_might
most likely, though it also depends on whether other colleges want to interview you as well during the interview days.

Does it mean I'm a weaker applicant or is it random
Original post by Jamesmeg3
I've been invited to interview at a different college does that mean that if I get an offer it won't be from the college I applied to? Thanks

Possibly.
Original post by MoonVirgo
My tsa is crap. Yeah we find out on 15th jan. EP at univ. Still waiting but my chance is slim cos my AS and TSA are horrid... May I ask what grades have you got, please? Xx

i've got 4As for my AS but i'm sure yours were fine don't worry babe. i thought my TSAs were disastrous!

i guessed a few questions, everyone does anyway! which college are u applying to?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LexieR98
I haven't heard anything yet either! I just sent them an email an hour ago.. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything!

Guys I applied to Exeter College and yesterday I phoned them and they said that successful applicants had already been emailed and that rejections were in the post. I haven't heard anything so I assume I've been rejected... It might be the same for you :/
Original post by Lilymacky
I'm an English applicant! Got an interview for Corpus☺️ Massive congrats! What days are you staying in Oxford!

Congratulations to you my fellow English applicant! I'm arriving the 6th and staying until the 9th, and you?
Original post by 9dobbo1
Guys I applied to Exeter College and yesterday I phoned them and they said that successful applicants had already been emailed and that rejections were in the post. I haven't heard anything so I assume I've been rejected... It might be the same for you :/

No wonder why I haven't heard anything yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alauxjx
i've got 4As for my AS but i'm sure yours were fine don't worry babe. i thought my TSAs were disastrous!

i guessed a few questions, everyone does anyway! which college are u applying to?

Univ.
Nah I got a B and a C in my AS. It's rubbish. I guessed 13 questions in my TSA I am sure I'm one of the worst... I'm looking to my GCSE to salvage me if it would... Do you mind at all if I asked you what your GCSEs were, please? I'm very sorry about this - I'm really stressed...
Original post by Jamesmeg3
Does it mean I'm a weaker applicant or is it random

Not necessarily, if a college is over subscribed and other colleges have a lower number of applications they reallocate some applicants to even the playing filed so to speak, nothing to do with your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from LMH about E&M ?????
Anyone received anything from Oriel for PPE?
I applied for PPE at Oxford's Corpus Christi college, yet I still haven't heard anything back from them apropos the interviews. As the Oxford website states, I should receive an email (which confirms my acceptance or rejection for an interview) one week in advance; this will be tomorrow. Should I be worried? Is anyone else sharing similar concerns? And lastly, should I do anything in the mean time (e.g. contact the college)?
Original post by liviward36
Got rejected from Merton just after midnight last night. And now have to wait till January before I can find out why.. Oh well

me too. Though I know why!
Reply 7972
Anyone heard from St Peter's for Engineering Science?
Original post by Plagioclase
All replies should have come at least a week in advance of the interview. If you've not received anything, I definitely suggest that you email your college (and CC the department) as soon as possible.

Somebody on the thread said that rejections from their college for PPE (Exeter) come through by post. Would this be true for all colleges?

Original post by JordiBorges
I applied for PPE at Oxford's Corpus Christi college, yet I still haven't heard anything back from them apropos the interviews. As the Oxford website states, I should receive an email (which confirms my acceptance or rejection for an interview) one week in advance; this will be tomorrow. Should I be worried? Is anyone else sharing similar concerns? And lastly, should I do anything in the mean time (e.g. contact the college)?

I haven't got an rejection/interview email either. I will do what Plagioclase told me to do in the quoted post above and email/phone Wadham definitely by Monday. The Wadham page which details what decision emails have been sent out doesn't include PPE though - I'm guessing your college is in a similar situation?
Original post by JordiBorges

Candidate information page (http://www.ccc.ox.ac.uk/Candidate-News/) says that PPE candidates have been shortlisted by letter or email, maybe they sent you the letter?
Original post by blackdiamond97
Somebody on the thread said that rejections from their college for PPE (Exeter) come through by post. Would this be true for all colleges?

No, I got mine via email (St Anne's). It will depend on the college. Keble also does letters as far as I know but I don't know about the other colleges.
Reply 7976
Original post by AC57
Ahh that's so cool :smile: I did Russian GCSE - you'll love it!
I applied for French and Beginners' Portuguese at New College and got an interview from them!
Good luck with everything! How are you preparing for the Russian side?

Well done, and good luck with everything too! I am really excited to start the Russian! To prepare, I am familiarising myself with how the language works so that I have a general knowledge (case system, types of verbs etc). I'm also re-reading the books on my personal statement, looking at current events, etc. I'm not sure what else to do. What about you with the Portuguese?
Original post by millieellen
Woohoo! I've been invited to Brasenose, hopefully see you around!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! And good luck with all of your interviews!
YAAAAAAAAY got an interview for Chemistry at Exeter!!!
Original post by Oxfordmist
Definitely this.
I use it all the time - by far the easiest and most stress-free way of travelling to and from Heathrow into Oxford, especially after a trans-Atlantic flight!
I wouldn't recommend using the Oxford tube from Heathrow, sure it's cheaper, but it often gets caught up in the hideous central London traffic, and can take forever, especially in rush hour - not fun. The airline bus is great, and the bus station in Oxford (where you get off) is very central, and no more than a 10 minute walk to most colleges, or a £5 cab journey, depending on how energetic you're feeling.

Thank you. I will definitely use this.

Latest

Trending

Trending