Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I can literally feel your pain just from that comment.

Off the top of my head - Lambert, Barry, Dier, Livermore, Rodwell, Forster just this window alone.
    All of which are miles past it or very much inferior quality wise to Welbeck.

My point being he's good value for money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Nah Giroud is better, Walcott might even be too. He's the best we have fit.
    Welbeck > Giroud

Welbeck offers more than Giroud and will outscore him. Walcott is not a striker.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:

I agree, I was just answering the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    i think you're in the wrong thread?
    No I just thought they'd appreciate the aesthetic
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Welbeck > Giroud

Welbeck offers more than Giroud and will outscore him. Walcott is not a striker.
    Walcott is an incredibly good striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Welbeck > Giroud

That remains to be seen though Welbeck has not played a full season as a CF. He certainly won't this season when Giroud is back.

Walcott on the wing gets 20 goals/assists a season, he could get close to that as a CF I reckon.

ReputationRep:

yep that average striker from the championship went to that crappy PL team for £12mil. My memory is awful and I'm not very good with names, but it definitely happened. Think the name was something like McCormack, and it was to some random team like Hull. Point being, Welbeck is better than him, and I think he suits the way you play. If you give him a chance, he'll do well for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    yep that average striker from the championship went to that crappy PL team for £12mil. My memory is awful and I'm not very good with names, but it definitely happened. Think the name was something like McCormack, and it was to some random team like Hull. Point being, Welbeck is better than him, and I think he suits the way you play. If you give him a chance, he'll do well for you.
    Ross McCormack went from Leeds to Fulham for 12m. They're bottom of the championship too.

ReputationRep:
    That remains to be seen though Welbeck has not played a full season as a CF. He certainly won't this season when Giroud is back.

Walcott on the wing gets 20 goals/assists a season, he could get close to that as a CF I reckon.
    Welbeck is the closest thing to Henry since he left, Wenger will realize this and drop Giroud when he comes back. (which is when?)

ReputationRep:
    Ross McCormack went from Leeds to Fulham for 12m. They're bottom of the championship too.
    My memory is even worse than I thought, I forgot Fulham were relegated. That's ridiculous money, and proves my point even more. There are some other PL examples though. Shane Long was one I think, same sort of price. Balotelli and Welbeck are practically bargains.

ReputationRep:
    You guys have gained a good player in Welbeck. I will genuinely miss him I know he gets a lot of flack but he's a hard worker and it just pains me to see our academy product go to you guys

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much did 11-12, and for England that summer in the Euros. I think he'll do better for you than Giroud. He can link play hold the ball up, press from high and has pace to go behind. Biggest issue is confidence and as result he doesn't always back himself or go at it alone so he won't create his own chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Surely these United meltdowns on twitter over Welbz cannot be real?! It's Welbeck bmt!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've had confirmations from various sources that Welbz is indeed dat guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTArsenal)
    Can confirm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I can literally feel your pain just from that comment.
    so much pain

united fans so gassed about falcao.
    i would laugh so hard if he flops.

he won't though, his goalscoring record is scary.
    but did they really need him or were they just frantically trying to sign whichever big players would come to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    so much pain

but did they really need him or were they just frantically trying to sign whichever big players would come to them?
    Tbf, I think the Falcao move was more of a reminder that Manchester United can tear **** up at any given moment and we shouldn't forget that. Flexing their muscle and letting us know they can do a madness from 7th place.

They will concede so many goals, but score more!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTArsenal)
    This is the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    so much pain

Don't worry, him and RvP will get injured and then United will be left with Rooney and...um...James Wilson? Seriously they sold way too many strikers. If he doesn't get injured then United will get top 4, and win every game 4-3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    so much pain

We'll have one senior striker for months without him, so yes

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.