The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Razina17
Really who's that?

Purple_fox the MVP.

Whenever we write her name it must be followed by the MVP. inb4 she interviews for a summer internship and gets offered CEO position.
Is anyone still waiting for Barclays to reply for their spring week programme? I swear it has been almost a month since my interview and I did not receive any communication whatsoever.
Original post by Durexal
Is anyone still waiting for Barclays to reply for their spring week programme? I swear it has been almost a month since my interview and I did not receive any communication whatsoever.

I would advise you email them
BAML S&T vs BAML IBD?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
BAML S&T vs BAML IBD?

IBs are cutting their divisions hugely in s&t due to regulation. (Rbs 90%, Barclays 40%, deutsche about to announce more cost cutting) advisory headcount has been fairly stable and still have a positive outlook. For this reason I would go IBD.
Original post by Sun_Bear
IBs are cutting their divisions hugely in s&t due to regulation. (Rbs 90%, Barclays 40%, deutsche about to announce more cost cutting) advisory headcount has been fairly stable and still have a positive outlook. For this reason I would go IBD.

Ouch, alright, it's just that I have 2 other places I'm doing IBD so thought maybe a change of scenery would be good, but fair enough... may as well stay loyal to IB side.
Ouch, alright, it's just that I have 2 other places I'm doing IBD so thought maybe a change of scenery would be good, but fair enough... may as well stay loyal to IB side.

Another reason I can think of are exit opps. If you go into s&t, you gotta be bloody sure that's what you want to do for the rest of your life because the skill set you develop is a lot more limited. Baring in mind that you will most likely be let go by your employer at one stage in ur career (the stats heavily point to this no matter how good you think you will be) (this could be through automation, poor economy, office politics whatever) you will struggle to transition into another job at the same level. On the other hand m&a/ibd I feel develops you into a professional that companies will want whatever the state of the economy (including high paying roles in industry, look at a lot of the recent CEOs and Cfos of big companies come from ibd backgrounds) or even other ibs.
Reply 7967
Original post by Sun_Bear
Another reason I can think of are exit opps. If you go into s&t, you gotta be bloody sure that's what you want to do for the rest of your life because the skill set you develop is a lot more limited. Baring in mind that you will most likely be let go by your employer at one stage in ur career (the stats heavily point to this no matter how good you think you will be) (this could be through automation, poor economy, office politics whatever) you will struggle to transition into another job at the same level. On the other hand m&a/ibd I feel develops you into a professional that companies will want whatever the state of the economy (including high paying roles in industry, look at a lot of the recent CEOs and Cfos of big companies come from ibd backgrounds) or even other ibs.

What do you think about the Private Banking amd Wealth Management-just interested to hear your point of view?
BAML S&T vs BAML IBD?

trolling?
BAML S&T vs BAML IBD?

BAML IBD doing big things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rgdam
What do you think about the Private Banking amd Wealth Management-just interested to hear your point of view?

Again limited skill set, would go into it if you are good at building relationships and gaining the trust of other people more than analytical. Helps if you can speak multiple languages. Shorter hours than ibd .I think if you are a well rounded person and not really sure what you want to go into, ibd would be your best bet. The skills are the most transferable but is probably the hard to get into and the hours are extremely long.

There are 2 good websites which I use which have a huge amount of info on all areas of ib, hedge funds and pe.
Firstly; http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/en/students?_ga=1.257069007.510160546.1422375030#moresectors

Secondly; http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/articles

Although pretty American, gives extremely good info on recruiting and what's it's like on the job for pretty much all financial services careers. I thought this site was excellent and was the main site I used when I was starting out.
Anyone for RBC know if the interview is HR or an actual banker? Anyone had it yet like to give a preview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gerry_m
Anyone for RBC know if the interview is HR or an actual banker? Anyone had it yet like to give a preview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was with an Associate from IBD.
Original post by doejohn
Mine was with an Associate from IBD.

How long does interview last? And is it technical? Cheers

Monk

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know the SW MVP of 2015 is a girl right. Offer from everywhere she applied :K:

False, rejection from Deutsche Bank.
Purple_fox the MVP.

Whenever we write her name it must be followed by the MVP. inb4 she interviews for a summer internship and gets offered CEO position.

Stop it, I can't do this to Lloyd
But honestly, sometimes it is all down to luck.
Reply 7976
Original post by Purple_fox
Stop it, I can't do this to Lloyd
But honestly, sometimes it is all down to luck.

I heard some yarns that you've been offering extra performances under the desk at the Goldman Sachs. Is this true?
Original post by spark27
I heard some yarns that you've been offering extra performances under the desk at the Goldman Sachs. Is this true?

extra perfomance of equity portfolio returns analysis maybe.
Original post by spark27

How did you obtain this kind of information officer ? I disagree
Reply 7979
Original post by Purple_fox
How did you obtain this kind of information officer ? I disagree

Just at this MD's party in his apartment :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending