Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Most of the membership probably do not know Andrea Leadsom very well yet, and so if it comes to a May V Leadsom ballot, this does not make it a foregone conclusion.
    I suspect May wins anyway if those two are in the final two. May is not a Europhile, she's perceived as competent and she's perceived as strong. Leadsome is an unknown minor minister.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Is he saying that unions are great and they need to be able to cripple governments again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He did say that it unions should broker a peace deal within the PLP....

Regardless, he's still toeing the media/blairite/establishment/lizard people stich up line. We all know that moderate MPs helped orchestrate a coup, but he's finding it hard to accept soft left MPs don't like Corbyn either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    He did say that it unions should broker a peace deal within the PLP....

Regardless, he's still toeing the media/blairite/establishment/lizard people stich up line. We all know that moderate MPs helped orchestrate a coup, but he's finding it hard to accept soft left MPs don't like Corbyn either.
    Hardly that mindblowing.

I think he's right to query why Blairities planned Corbyns resignation 10 months ago, don't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gove to end golden payoffs.

#Warriors for the disposesed.

He is right about NI, the good friday agreement is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Gove to end golden payoffs. .
    Does that start with MPs?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Ohhhhhh by-election starting Tomorrow.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Hardly that mindblowing.

I think he's right to query why Blairities planned Corbyns resignation 10 months ago, don't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't doubt that it was off for the moderates to plan a coup that far in advance.

It was where he was trying to shift what other MPs ( such as Eagle, Benn … ) have said as part of this unjustifiable stich up. He wouldn't accept it was turning into more of a cross-party problem.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I wonder how many of these anti democracy marchers want to get rid of the welah assembly, after all, it had a smaller majority and lower turnout

Attachment 558587

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1467543865271.jpg

Should they not have consulted the membership, or have the leadership also given up on democracy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1467543865271.jpg

Should they not have consulted the membership, or have the leadership also given up on democracy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you sure there hasn't been a CLP meeting?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Are you sure there hasn't been a CLP meeting?
    Given that one of my friends from uni is part of the CLP in question and neither he, nor any of the people who commented on the post that are also part of it, heard anything about it, I think it's fair to say the membership was not consulted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Gove to end golden payoffs.

#Warriors for the disposesed.

He is right about NI, the good friday agreement is awful.
    It prevented civil war, how exactly did it fail? It didn't annihilate republicanism?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    I don't doubt that it was off for the moderates to plan a coup that far in advance.

It was where he was trying to shift what other MPs ( such as Eagle, Benn … ) have said as part of this unjustifiable stich up. He wouldn't accept it was turning into more of a cross-party problem.
    You mean like how Eagle has changed her mind? Corbyn came out and offered terms for anyone who undermined him, that's more than can be said for the PLP members writing for the Sun, inventing things to be offended about and blaming global warming on Corbyn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1467543865271.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Labour party members back leader

What a shock.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It prevented civil war, how exactly did it fail? It didn't annihilate republicanism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I never said it failed, i just think we paid too high a price.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Labour party members back leader

What a shock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Except when they don't?

ReputationRep:
    It's the wrong time now but success in cabinet permitting i strongly suspect that Crabb will be leader within a decade. He looks and sound pretty impressive.

ReputationRep:
    1467543865271.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They did nominated him in the leadership election, there might not have been a meeting, the tweet, obviously, doesn't contain everything that is said, could be they simply mentioned that they had backed him back then.

ReputationRep:
    Telegraph: "Boris demands post-Brexit plan"

Boris to become one of the most reviled Tories ever?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I hope so
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    FT reporting that for once Osborne may be sensible, supposing he last long enough, with suggestions of Corporation tax below 15%

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.