The Student Room Group

HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED NATIONAL DIPLOMA September 2010

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dannus
I think it depends on the care setting really, if the care setting has a large amount of staff which allows a lot of the service users to be taken outside the care setting often then it should be fine, however if a service user is stuck within the setting all the time then this could have a negative affect on their behavior, for example the individual may suffer from depression etc. However if the monthly care professional assessor (depending on country it may vary) notices any negative behavior he or she may make arrangements for change to suit the service user. The service user also should always have access to a help line they can call if they feel unhappy or are suffering from discomfort, this in most cases is required to be shown at both the entrance desk and at certain points around the care setting.
=) x

I CANT FIND ANYTHING ON THIS QUESTION?!?!
"Evaluate effectiveness of strategies to overcome barriers"
evaluate is when you write about strenght and weaknesses right, but i did that for the previous part
now i dont know what to write for it then :s-smilie:

please help :frown:
Original post by Xx_ViiiCkiii_xX
I CANT FIND ANYTHING ON THIS QUESTION?!?!
"Evaluate effectiveness of strategies to overcome barriers"
evaluate is when you write about strenght and weaknesses right, but i did that for the previous part
now i dont know what to write for it then :s-smilie:

please help :frown:

What barriers are you talking about?
ok i dont understand what to do on unit 2 about the equality acts 2010
i did ask my tutor but she keeps telling me it independent work and stuff and did not help me at all.

so do i just write about the equality act???
here is the assignment brief but im not sure whether ud be able to access it though :s-smilie:
http://moodle.mkcollege.ac.uk/file.php/536/Ceri/unit_2_assignment.pdf
im trying to do task 2

thanks anyway :smile:
Does anyone know the thread that tells you about the how many units you need to get D, M or P's???
it tells you how to work it out, i saw it a while ago and only now realised that i did not save it :frown:
Can anyone give me the link to the thread pleasE?
I know what you mean but it's old it or sent on the new extended diploma btec course
Original post by Krissycontagious
I know what you mean but it's old it or sent on the new extended diploma btec course

what do you mean by send on the new extended diploma btec coursE?

please someone help me
The question tells me to justify, i dont understand :s-smilie:?
I know what justify means but when it is in a question it just confuses me and i have asked the teacher and she wont help, tells me to look it up in the dictionary

justify decisions made to ensure that the equality and diversity needs of clients are met, supporting your statement with appropriate references (CQC Report)

i just want to know how to answer it like give me ideas in how to
if people know about the inside im dancing and about cqc reports even better :smile:

can you help me by maybe using a health care setting like a care home as an example to link it???
cause that what i am trying to do

please someone help me
I know what justify means but when it is in a question it just confuses me and i have asked the teacher and she wont help, tells me to look it up in the dictionary

justify decisions made to ensure that the equality and diversity needs of clients are met, supporting your statement with appropriate references (CQC Report)

if people know about the inside im dancing and about cqc reports even better :smile:

can you help me by maybe using a health care setting like a care home as an example to link it???

please someone help me

Does anyone know the thread that tells you about the how many units you need to get D, M or P's???
it tells you how to work it out, i saw it a while ago and only now realised that i did not save it :frown:

I know which thread you mean but it is old. It doesn't punt the new grading system for the new version of the diploma by BTEC. The new course which is run now is called the extended diploma in health and social care. Where as the old one was the BTEC national diploma in health and social care.
Reply 70

I looked this up myself a while ago, mine works based on points if your looking for an overall grade, so
P= 1
M=2
D= 3

i believe for an overall Distinction you need to have 30 points, so you could have 8 units at Distinction and the rest at pass, or whatever way round you want to do it, i can look into it more if you want to? contact me on facebook =)
Original post by Dannus
great to see people also doing this =] for OCR at level 3 we have to do 18 folders, done 6, so need to do 6 in summer and another over next year haha but seriously.... no one do unit 24 =P it will kill you xD

Health and social group on TSR: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1476

everyone join :smile:

thanks, i am doing uni 24 right now :s-smilie:
and agreed its killin me
Am so nearly finished!

Look how little I have left:

spec unit.png

Got exams next week though :eek:
how do you have exams? key skills?

theres no exams on btecs
how do you have exams? key skills?

theres no exams on btecs

Really no exams in BTECs? :holmes:

I take Biology alongside my BTEC.
No more college! Finally I've finished for ever!
Reply 76
I'm done as well =) got all 18 folders done, 2 were marked down to a Merit by the almighty moderator, but i still got DDD overall!
Reply 77
Original post by Dannus
I'm done as well =) got all 18 folders done, 2 were marked down to a Merit by the almighty moderator, but i still got DDD overall!

Wow that's great! I started my first year in Sept 2012 and am finding it okay, I REALLY want 3 distinctions, as that's what all the uni's I want to go to are offering, can you help me on how to achieve them? My teachers aren't much of a help as they all say 'you guys need to be independent in your education etc'
Thanks in advance! :smile:
Hi guyz!

I need help in HSC level 3
Can anyone tell me:
-whts humanistic perspective?
-describe how client centred counselling can be used to treat drug addict?
- describe how CCC can be used to treat depression in a single parent with 3 young children?
thankyou so much for replying im just terrified im not clever enough AND cant do it. are you doing the diploma or certificate.
ive had alot of health problems so was out of school for 3 years so i did the first diploma this year (just finished)

msn?
thanks very much im starting the corse and can anybody help plzz, ive got the project and its about the human body ///anybody done that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending