Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Civil Engineering - AAB!! (I declined the interview, as travel is a problem)

Took 11 days, if anyone is wondering

ReputationRep:
    Applying for History V100. Predicted A*A*A.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offer for BA International Relations. :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet)
    Got an offer for Civil Engineering - AAB!! (I declined the interview, as travel is a problem)

Took 11 days, if anyone is wondering
    What happens if you decline the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dangermoose)
    Another Graphic design student!
    At the GD+T they said they don't look at portfolios because of time constraints. Which is lucky really, I only have some product design and a little bit of web design so far.... I'm taking a foundation course before hand though. What have you got in yours?
    ohhh, i've only looked on the website which said something about portfolios... haven't been to any open days cause i can't get there
    all i've really got is my design coursework from this year and last, which is really rubbish because it's product design... and i've never taken graphic design, i took media and tech systems at GCSE...
    really struggling with what to put in my personal statement too D:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

Course: Medicine
    A-level Subjects: Biology Chemistry Physics Maths
    Required Grades: AAA
    Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    What happens if you decline the interview?
    Well the letter I got in the post with the interview had a return slip, and the options were:

1) I shall be please to attend for interview on ...

2) I am unable to attend for interview on ... and would like to arrange another date.

3) I am unable to attend for interview but would like an offer based on my UCAS form.

Originally I sent an email saying I would attend interview, but then I realized that I couldn't, and so the lady said she'd arrange for an offer to be made based on my UCAS.

I think it may also depend on predicted grades, reference, etc.

Good luck with your application. What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Well the letter I got in the post with the interview had a return slip, and the options were:

1) I shall be please to attend for interview on ...

2) I am unable to attend for interview on ... and would like to arrange another date.

3) I am unable to attend for interview but would like an offer based on my UCAS form.

Originally I sent an email saying I would attend interview, but then I realized that I couldn't, and so the lady said she'd arrange for an offer to be made based on my UCAS.

I think it may also depend on predicted grades, reference, etc.

Good luck with your application. What are you applying for?
    Maths hopefully will be my firm if I get a offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    Maths hopefully will be my firm if I get a offer
    Ooo nice, have you sent your application yet?
    It will probably be my insurance, but that depends whether I get other offers or not! xP Either way, I'd be very happy to go there

ReputationRep:
    Ooo nice, have you sent your application yet?
    It will probably be my insurance, but that depends whether I get other offers or not! xP Either way, I'd be very happy to go there
    Nah haven't sent it yet :l still need to find a last Uni to apply for but I plan on sending it on like the week college starts again.
    Were else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, I've like applied ages ago. Got acknowledgements from everywhere apart from Leeds. Makes me feel a bit anxious seeing people getting offers ><

ReputationRep:
    History and Social Policy - ABB
    Predicted - A*AA

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying for politics or economics been acknowledged yet??? I'm getting a tad anxious here...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied for French and Italian B Haven't had an acknowledgement yet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaaar)
    Course: French & Arabic RR16
    Required grades: ABB
    Predicted grades: A*AA

Failed to find anyone at all doing my course so far - ANYBODY out there?
    a friend of mine is doing spanish and arabic - his first choice oxford

ReputationRep:
    Got my acknowledgement from Leeds today
    Good to know it has got there safe and sound.... now the wait continues :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Sending off my application at the end of this week for Politics & Parliamentary Studies
    Required grades AAB
    Predicted grades A*A*A

Really want to get an interview! Only 18 places.. anyone else applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obsidian)
    Got my acknowledgement from Leeds today
    Good to know it has got there safe and sound.... now the wait continues :yep:
    How long did you wait before they acknowledged you, out of interest? 'Cause I've had acknowledgements from my other choices by now but not Leeds :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matty_LUFC)
    Define stink? My GCSEs were 2 As, 8Bs and 2Cs for an AAB course (pre A*)
    Compared to TSR standard, they stink XD, I got a mixture of A's and B's and and A* in English language. Are they good for politics at Leeds perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!)
    Unconditional offer for BA International Relations. :headbang:
    what GCSE's and A levels did you get?
    thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.