Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

What's your dream university? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Standford, because I've always wanted to be there for its reputation and location - San Franciso is one of my favourite cities.
    It's beyond my reach though, both gradewise and money-wise. Not to mention, they don't even offer business at an undergraduate major, which is what I want to study. Maybe for postgraduate study, eh?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Coventry Uni. And guess which is my firm?

And guess which is my insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elevatorlove)
    Standford, because I've always wanted to be there for its reputation and location - San Franciso is one of my favourite cities.
    It's beyond my reach though, both gradewise and money-wise. Not to mention, they don't even offer business at an undergraduate major, which is what I want to study. Maybe for postgraduate study, eh?

You mean Stanford - only one 'd' in there.

ReputationRep:
    In England: LSE or Oxford.
    Abroad: Harvard.

ReputationRep:
    In England: Cambridge, LSE, UCL. I didn't/couldn't apply to the first two, but I got into the third, and I'm not including it just because I'm going to be there in September, it really was what I was hoping for. The first two might become possibilities if I choose to do a masters anyway.
    US: Harvard or Columbia. Harvard because it's an amazing university, and Columbia because it's an excellent university and because it's in NY.

It's a shame about how insanely expensive US university is, I can barely afford uni in London let alone over there. I would have liked to see if they would have accepted me though.

ReputationRep:
    Sans Instutite of Technology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    You mean Stanford - only one 'd' in there.
    Haha! Yes, and that's why I'm not going there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elevatorlove)
    Haha! Yes, and that's why I'm not going there
    Heh, well now you've got that ironed out its a start I suppose :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, which was lucky.

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say that the university I'm going to UCL is the UK university that I most wanted to go to. If it wasn't for the extorionate accomodation prices it would be my perfect university! Cheesy as that sounds :p:. Even if I did have the grades (4 marks off the 3 A's required :rolleyes: ) I wouldn't have applied to Oxbridge since I don't think the academic pressure and the insulated way of life at these universities would have suited me. If I'd have to choose though It'd be Oxford, I spent quite a lot of time there last year (had a very clever boyfriend!) and it is just a lovely town, very beautiful and a bit more vibrant than Cambridge. If I had the academic ability and the money then Stanford or Columbia would be my ideal universities. Stanford because it's in California, well San Francisco and I could do with some sunshine, and lest we forget it has a great reputation. Columbia because it's in the middle of New York and, well, how awesome would that be?

edit: duh!

ReputationRep:
    An MBA or finance related degree at London Business school. (The actual university is very nice!)

ReputationRep:
    Falmouth

ReputationRep:
    Columbia, Harvard, Yale or MIT - but mostly Columbia because I love NYC

In the UK it would be the AA (Architectural Association).

Of universities that I can actually afford to attend: Oxford and Sheffield. Oxford for the campus and Sheffield for the course (Oxford don't offer architecture). I wasn't a fan of Cambridge - it was so small!

ReputationRep:
    Although I love my firm (Sheffield) to death, if I had the grades it would be Oxford, not sure what college but probably Balliol or Magdalen...

Abroad, the Sourbon (sp?) in France......beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford, Harvard, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Yale. Well, I can dream, right...? :p:

ReputationRep:
    It would have to be St Johns Cambridge, the backs and New Court are just out of this world.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham doing economics and portuguese. (if anyone has any advice to help me please pm me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenavfc)
    Abroad, the Sourbon (sp?) in France......beautiful!
    "La Sorbonne", ouais c'est plutot joli.

ReputationRep:
    Stanford or MIT in the US. Durham or Cambridge in the UK. I'll probably go to one of them for grad school if I change my mind about the University of Washington.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    Oxford, Harvard, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Yale. Well, I can dream, right...? :p:
    Heh, I thought you preferred Cambridge over Oxford :p:

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.