Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    There are many people with the same avatar, and people look at the name, not the picture to associate it with someone.
    True, but this was a personally chosen one- rather than a default one. I have it because I took the time to find it, I think it's unlikely, though possible, that this person watches Naruto and even if he does there are many other choices, it seems odd that he should choose this one.

Blah, that was badly phrased.

I'm not demanding but it would be appreciated if he changed it.

Sorry- perhaps I should have PMed him instead. Blah.

ReputationRep:
    i've just read an aritcal in the Daily Mail that says that 94% of all woman lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i've just read an aritcal in the Daily Mail that says that 94% of all woman lie.
    The key words there being Daily Mail.

7 people have been recorded with IQs over 200 in the past 50 years. Of these, 4 were women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    whats wrong with the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    Im a male but i think females are much smarter. They dont use violence every single second of the day and they have lots of fashion sense! lol. Well done girls!

ReputationRep:
    *I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread*

But I believe that men are naturally smarter than women as they seem to naturally learn about things such as science unlike women who learn things like that because they have to, to pass exams.

It annoys me so much when every single year the statistics reveal that girls outperform boys (GCSEs mainly), yet men always have the high powered jobs. Something I don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)

But I believe that men are naturally smarter than women as they seem to naturally learn about things such as science unlike women who learn things like that because they have to, to pass exams.

It annoys me so much when every single year the statistics reveal that girls outperform boys (GCSEs mainly), yet men always have the high powered jobs. Something I don't understand.
    Something to do with boys and girls maturing at different ages. Consequently, girls outperform boys at GCSE and the converse occurs at degree level.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    I voted wommen, just cus it felt like an ego trip to vote men (You really should have included an "insignificant difference" option dude)
    Finally a real man! You deserve rep for voting for women.

ReputationRep:
    Men on average have larger brains, but the brain neurones are more densely packed in women. This suggests that any differences in intellect are probably not accountable across the whole of homosapiens, but are innate in certain individuals of either sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_bristolian)
    Im a male but i think females are much smarter. They dont use violence every single second of the day and they have lots of fashion sense! lol. Well done girls!
    I have witnessed far to many chick fights too be able to agree with that statement. And a sense of fashion is more associeted with "herd-mentatlity" than intellect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean)
    men
    women
    men

7 people have been recorded with IQs over 200 in the past 50 years. Of these, 4 were women.
    Do you know what nationality they were?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    Do you know what nationality they were?
    The highest officialy recorded IQ belongs to Marilyn vos Savant (IQ of 228). She is French, by the way.

The second highest belongs to Robert Koffler Jarvik (inventor of the artificial heart) his IQ being 219, and he is a German.

ReputationRep:
    Why is violence so bad, blokes tend to (genralisation?) forgive and forget after their fight whereas girls ***** and steam for months. Personally id rather be punched and hurt for a day rather than hate someone for ages. When im annoyed, im very annoyed, but only until i cool down, then i no longer care. Why does everyone say violence is wrong?

The highest officialy recorded IQ belongs to Marilyn vos Savant (IQ of 228). She is French, by the way.

The second highest belongs to Robert Koffler Jarvik (inventor of the artificial heart) his IQ being 219, and he is a German.
    hmmm.... interesting. I was expecting them to be Chinese or Indian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    hmmm.... interesting. I was expecting them to be Chinese or Indian.
    Nine times out of ten, stereotypes don't work.

Nine times out of ten, stereotypes don't work.
    85% of statistics are made up .

India, China and many other far-eastern countries seem to value learning far more than North America and Western Europe and they have much greater populations.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

But that is because the way that the education system has been skewed towards females, in the way we are taught, and the subject matter.

But men are better at the internal politics of business required to be promoted (sucking-up, backstabbing etc.), which is why they hold the power roles in most businesses.

ReputationRep:
    ever heard of the issue they always raise of equality try that instead of calling urself stupid compared to women who wants it most has the best chance (most of the time)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.