Burglary rates in Saudi Arabia VS Democratic Countries! Watch

LukeySherlock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fox_amro)
:lolwut:
This is probably the only upside of living here i hardly ever feel scared that someone might mug me or something.
Well in countries like Saudi Arabia, when a woman is raped, if she cannot provide four male witnesses, she gets punished, and can be killed.
Qaz25
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Noctilux)
A winning combination of barbaric law enforcement and cooked stats. I know where I'd rather live!
Yeh I'd rather live in Medina in Saudi (just in case you don't know where it is) than the UK. People were very generous, kind, considerate, caring and it's one of the most peaceful cities I've ever been to. No alcoholics raiding the streets on a Saturday night. Obviously there is no way that crime can be completely stopped, but surely cutting off the thieves hand deters people from thieving. They are generally quite good at catching people.
saab_101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Plus, they don't immediately cut off hands, according to my dad who grew up in saudi it's quite rare, and is used on repeat offenders.
Overground
Badges: 17
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Playboy King)
I don't get why people would have a problem with such harsh laws...unless they're looking to committ the crimes themselves?
Erm, perhaps because most decent human beings give a vague **** about such niceties as 'human rights', and metering out punishments that fit the specified crime accordingly. I'm sure that if the long arm of the law flexed its appendage to dole out anal fistings in all cases of reported graffiting, incidences of graffiti would decrease dramatically. This doesn't mean that people should support such laws.

surely, if people are ones to go by the rules and be positive members of society then they shouldn't care of the laws enforced regardless of how harsh they may be.
Well, for one thing the 'laws' and what consitutes a 'positive member of society' is rather different in the UK as opposed to the KSA. Of course we should care how a law is enforced and what punishments fit what crimes; we don't live in a barbaric, repressive, kleptocratic theocracy.

GB believes in criminal rights, here the criminals get away with everything and the victims are left damaged...maybe that's justice according to 'human rights', but morally it's not justice.
On the contrary, one of the roles of the criminal justice system is to show that it is better than its criminals, not to emulate them in reprisal.

there isn't this drunk pub barbaric culture with little kids/chavs walking around with knives and guns...
Nah, there's this 'enforce physical punishment on people who like doing different things to me' culture.

In the end, who's people are living the better lives? the answer is obvious...ofcourse though if you're a criminal or intend to committ crimes then I'd say living in western countries is better :rolleyes:
If you're not a male heterosexual short-haired unquestioning Wahabbi Muslim, you'll probably have more fun timez in the UK.
Moe Lester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by saab_101)
Plus, they don't immediately cut off hands, according to my dad who grew up in saudi it's quite rare, and is used on repeat offenders.
This ^^ my mum's friend used to work there. It's a rare event used to scare people not a regular punishment.
Playboy King
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Overground)
If you're not a male heterosexual short-haired unquestioning Wahabbi Muslim, you'll probably have more fun timez in the UK.
This summerises exactly why you think the way you do. I feel sorry for you, for being so unaware of countries in the middle-east...for following the false stereotype that is portrayed in the media. If you actually take the time and visit one of the developed countries, you'll realise that 85% of the population is foreign (particularly in Qatar, Bahrain and UAE)...so no, you do not have to be a male hetereosexual short-haired unquestioning Wahabbi Muslim.

Also, again if you do actually go there, you'll see religious places of worship for all religions, from christianity to buddhism...there is tolerance for all religions and in the capitals muslims are becoming a minority. Don't have to be hetereosexual either, there are plenty of gays there including the arabs but it's just frowned upon when portrayed openly in public. Alcohol is also not forbidden, even the arabs drink it but just indoors cannot be done outdoors. So I suggest before you become so short sighted and believe the exaggerated nonsense you should actually go there and judge for yourself. I've lived in Dubai for two years and in Bahrain for one year so I'm well accustomed to the reality. When I lived in the region for 3 years (after having lived in the UK for 15 years) I didn't notice anything culturally different..in fact it felt more like going to Hollywood/Los Angeles, it's more westernised than you think, it has to be..in order to accommodate such a large foreign population.

More fun times in the UK you say? :rofl: You are aware that the greatest population of western expats living on those regions are British? not to mention just about every major famous celebrity moving or buying holiday homes over there...so where you got that idea from is beyond me.

Like I said, I feel sorry for your delusional mindset..I was expecting some stupid comments but saying this is just stupidity on a whole new unprecedented level :facepalm: You couldn't be more wrong, but I'll leave you to find that out for yourself...just a quick word of advice though, it's better not to be saying that sort of stuff when you're unaware of the reality because well..you just look stupid.
Dan1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What i hate the MOST in this country is the fact that it always seems that criminals get a better deal than the victims of crime. It takes the **** tbh.

Where I live, some scum puched a police officer in the face and broke his nose, guess what? The person got off scott free, no charges or anything. Burglary cases hardly ever get a followup by police who seem to spend more time catching speeders or whatever.

Introducing more harsher punishments for this sort of stuff would surely deter people from commiting again.

And dont neg rep me or anything for my views, quote me and argue the point. Im sick of people neg repping just for the sake of it.
Rule Britannia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If this is the cost of not being barbaric in the treatment of criminals then I'm quite okay with it to be honest. We're too nice today but I could never condone amputating people for life for a mistake they've made in the past.
Overground
Badges: 17
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Playboy King)
one of the developed countries, you'll realise that 85% of the population is foreign (particularly in Qatar, Bahrain and UAE)...so no, you do not have to be a male hetereosexual short-haired unquestioning Wahabbi Muslim.
In these few countries yes there are a lot of expats, though the thread was about Saudi.

The UAE is a bizarre, inconsistent, unsustainable, greedy place. It consists of, in ascending order of size a) a few rich Arabs who are the sons and grandsons of some illiterate nomads who happened to roam a patch of land where incredible amounts of the human race's most lauded commodity was discovered. b) Expats c) a gigantic slave class who were tempted out of their home country (usually India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and The Phillipines) by promises of highly paid work. They then found that they were expected to work obscene hours for a pittance, and would have to work for years just to pay back the $2-3000 it took them to get to Dubai.

Also, again if you do actually go there, you'll see religious places of worship for all religions, from christianity to buddhism...there is tolerance for all religions and in the capitals muslims are becoming a minority.
Erm, there isn't an single church in Saudi Arabia.

Don't have to be hetereosexual either, there are plenty of gays there including the arabs but it's just frowned upon when portrayed openly in public.
:lolwut: in Saudi Arabia? It is 'frowned upon' quite considerably indeed.

This thread was going to be about Saudi, but you've started talking about the bizarre materialist/Wahabbi hybrids like UAE.
~The Mixed Race Girl~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In saudi ppl get their hands chopped off for stealing so i doubt many ppl their would find it tempting!
Dirac Delta Function
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At least here the Queen isn't raping the country for its natural resources. You want to see theft - have a look at those fat tossers running your country.

Crime rates amongst the common folk maybe lower in SA, but this country is vastly better in many other ways.
callum Honisett
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't they get hands or fingers chopped off if they get caught?! Sorry if this has already been mentioned I didn't read the replies so far.

That would stop a few people doing it I suspect!
Bagration
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sulpicia)
Oh well, I guess I can live with getting burgled if it measn I can live in a democratic, pluralistic society, rather than one where women are banned from driving
Lol, well said
Rizzoo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chicken Kebab)
The fact that people fleeing persecution and crimes against humanity seek refuge in Western countries such as France, Britain and Canada strongly suggests that we, in spite of our many flaws, most resemble that utopia. I mean, why don't they seek asylum in the UAE? the People's Republic? Russia? Saudi Arabia? Singapore?
Because unlike the the EU, The UAE, Saudi and Singapore have a tougher stance on immigration, only letting in whom they want, whom will actually help the country.

Countries such as the UK have decided to let in any old immigrant in recently seeing crime rates surge. We are already seeing Churches replaced with mosques. In the UK the goverment gives all the rights to the minorities, in the UAE those whom contribute most get the rights - AS IT SHOULD BE. Why should those that work, that abide by laws and contribute to the economy have the same rights as the scummy muslims intent on causing destruction.

France has been hit bad its former colonies. Laws allowing them to easily come to the country have allowed stupid amounts of African immigrants to make it to France easily. Its not that they choose to go to France, its that France is the only place that'll take em because France has no choice due to having held countries such as Senegal, Algeria and Morroco in the past.

You are wrong about Russia. Immigrants move to Russia from all its former states (Uzbeks, Kazaks, Azers etc.) although again, these immigrants are given very few rights BECAUSE THEY DONT DESERVE THEM asnd hence in recent years they have been moving back to their homeland.

Canada is practically impossible to enter as an immigrant or as a wealthy person so no idea why you wrote that.
neillya1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's been said before, but we don't mutilate our burgalers like a lot of the Arab nations.
FRIZTOV
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FAILINGKID)
i wasn't talking about labour... i was talking like me being a foreigner their... i lived my whole life their.. its a very good country.. what the **** are u on about?? yeah cheap labour so what... no they don't steal their passports and they don't abuse them... almost everything for labour workers there is free... free water bottles.. free food (4 meals a day) and good pay compared to working in their own country and accomodation is included.. and they live in apartements and not tents... 6 or 5 people share an apartements (a very decent one)

why the **** would they live in the desert when they are builders... they live near the building they are working on....

some of them however committed suicide before because they hated the work... they all have the option to go back to their country but there is no money in their country so they are stuck with this job...

don't ******* tell me that the emirates is a **** place when u don't know **** about it and the media is feeding u all these lies...
Apartments? please..I live in the emirates too (and have lived here for the last 11 years), and i know how those people live, they do not live in apartments next to the construction sites, they live 1-2 hrs away by bus (each trip) and live in shanty housing, and as for the 'free food', since when? they have to spend their own money on food. and yes, their employers do take away their passports and sometimes dont even pay for months at a time, and as for 6 or 5 people share an apartment..its more along the lines of 5-6 people share a small room, and they split shifts (a few in the morning, and a few in the night).

Look up Sonapur, maybe it will open your eyes.
The_Octopus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well this definitely makes up for the human rights abuses and shocking treatment of women, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Perhaps it is that people spend so much time enjoying leisure activities such as being oppressed or mutilated, that they don't feel the need to steal.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
personally, i wouldn't trust the accuracy of crime reports in saudi arabia
fox_amro
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LukeySherlock)
Well in countries like Saudi Arabia, when a woman is raped, if she cannot provide four male witnesses, she gets punished, and can be killed.
No. Just no.
I am not standing up for saudi i hate this government as much as the next guy but that just isnt true.
Noctilux
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Qaz25)
Yeh I'd rather live in Medina in Saudi (just in case you don't know where it is) than the UK. People were very generous, kind, considerate, caring and it's one of the most peaceful cities I've ever been to. No alcoholics raiding the streets on a Saturday night. Obviously there is no way that crime can be completely stopped, but surely cutting off the thieves hand deters people from thieving. They are generally quite good at catching people.
Of course cutting the hands off thieves prevents people thieving. Just as killing apostates (people who abandon their religion, just in case you don't know what an apostate is) prevents people from turning from their religion.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise