http://www.skypejournal.com/blog/arc...0x300thumb.jpg

But seriously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so keep your chin up
guppygould
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by repellent)
Whats the best way to think? Say if a female has some sort of deformity/illness making you facially ugly or are even just geneticly unlucky and people think you are unattractive. It just seems that one of the most important things in life for most people is love/affection so it seems that being ugly is a major blow, or am I wrong? People say looks arn't everything do you think that having charisma and being cool can override facial unattractiveness? Maybe more guys than we think are not all that bothered about a girlfriend being facially attractive and its more about her attitude or body?

But yea what are your views on this? If you were ugly (as in very plain I don't mean to the point where people stare) would you be very dissapointed see no point to life, accept it and concentrate on other things or maybe it wouldn't bother you that much?
Drink. Whiskey is my personal vice!
grantrough
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Findlay6)
if i knew i wasn't a looker
lol, modest much?
grantrough
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LOOOOOOOL
~The Mixed Race Girl~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
its all about the opinions of individuals..."beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" etc.
adilmorrison
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by repellent)
Whats the best way to think? Say if a female has some sort of deformity/illness making you facially ugly or are even just geneticly unlucky and people think you are unattractive. It just seems that one of the most important things in life for most people is love/affection so it seems that being ugly is a major blow, or am I wrong? People say looks arn't everything do you think that having charisma and being cool can override facial unattractiveness? Maybe more guys than we think are not all that bothered about a girlfriend being facially attractive and its more about her attitude or body?

But yea what are your views on this? If you were ugly (as in very plain I don't mean to the point where people stare) would you be very dissapointed see no point to life, accept it and concentrate on other things or maybe it wouldn't bother you that much?
Tbh OP, I genuinely believe that there are very few actually ugly people in the world... Some people are below average, yes... But ugly, no. I can genuinely say I've only seen one ugly person in real life in the past few months... Most people are average, that's why they're average.
FatFridge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hang out with uglier people ?
DisgruntledMoth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Boy with The Arab Strap)
At the risk of sounding patronising it's just a relief not all girls buy into this and you personally are vastly more attractive as a result.

There's no denying that skin-deep, transitory beauty has rewards - it is instant and requires no explanation. Though the only girl I've loved (so far) was not classically beautiful, she was struggling for average at best, though when someone can floor you with their wit and share discoveries with you in that insightful way....well, it tends to overshadow the lack of initial bombshell buzz.

What's more she became beautiful and not that 'beautiful inside' mawkish crap - I mean she became beautiful to look at in my eyes.

I'm not attempting to disprove your assertion with my little story incidentally. It's only by completely buying out of the quest for beauty that she was beautiful probably. She was just damn smart to be fair.
That was really nice to read. Unfortunately, few men seem to view life in the way you do. I have a feeling life would come up trumps for me more often if we all communicated to each other through the written word, but to everyone I meet in day-to-day life I'm just an empty shell, (especially since, personally, I've performed very badly in academia, which obviously portrays me as even more unintelligent).

But, thanks. And if you had PM'd me with something more than a wink, I'd have responded enthusiastically.
MikeL230
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.orovalleyhomes4sale.com/i...gwithholes.jpg
Hemera
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If the people who go on the Jeremy Kyle show manage to get laid, then there is hope for us all.
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Since personalities don't exist, you're screwed.
CoolBeans_Yeahh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hemera)
If the people who go on the Jeremy Kyle show manage to get laid, then there is hope for us all.
:yes: So true.
But have you ever actually thought that the belief that you are ugly comes from within a not society? I doubt you are ugly because ugly is like hate...its a strong word. If you are anything like me you yourself believe you are ugly, but others don't.
Story Time: So i've always been one of those girls who think "blahh blah I'm so fug" or "that guy I like will never like me cause that girl is soo much better" but ive realised most of the time the ugly notions I associated with myself come not from society or other people opinions but from myself. To this day, no matter how many people tell me i'm pretty or whatever I refuse to accept it, but I'm getting there and now I do half believe it. Wasting your time looking for advice on being ugly is pointless, just smile and get on with life.
milliehump
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C.C.G)
A good body and good charisma improves your chances if you're facially retarded.

Hahaha 'facially retarded'.

Put a paper bag on your head when you go out in public.
MikeL230
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Irrelevance)
Since personalities don't exist, you're screwed.
More likely not to be screwed :awesome:
Trishyy
Report 9 years ago
Look at Megan Fox eh, anyone can become 'beautiful'. Just depends on which definition of beauty you're going for o_O
Even the plainest people can transform by applying a little bit of make-up
Not if you're truly ugly though, you know ugly-ugly then it just looks try-hard and stupid.
Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
LOL, you just summed up my life XD
Your not ugly at all.

Seriously, you shouldn't be worried about a thing!
forsaken_earth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
become a rockstar!!!
oo_Lucinda_oo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Akkuz)
Your not ugly at all.

Seriously, you shouldn't be worried about a thing!
No I'm not ugly, I'm just not pretty. I'm 'OK'

I have other qualities instead. EG I have very flexible thumbs :yep:

That doesn't make me sound very appealing at all, does it? :tongue:
Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
No I'm not ugly, I'm just not pretty. I'm 'OK'

I have other qualities instead. EG I have very flexible thumbs :yep:

That doesn't make me sound very appealing at all, does it? :tongue:
Well if it makes you feel any better, or gives you even an ounce more of confidence in yourself...I'd say you were pretty.

I don't think it's right that so many girls (mainly younger), feel really under pressure to look great or whatever. Some girls are really pretty, but they don't think they are!

And flexible thumbs are to die forrr! :coma:
Spacecam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Paper bag. Only answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.47%
No - but I will (74)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (463)
47.93%

Watched Threads